Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

Started by ININ, October 22, 2007, 05:40:50 PM

kollunz

I've already unlocked all the new pyro weapons. The flaregun is actually quite useful.
doot

ININ

Is anyone interested in a special Monday Night TF2 Monday June 23?  I read the latest updates and the Pyro achievements.  Awesome XD  I downloaded the latest updates.

I wait to play on Monday after the free TF2 weekend.  I have other stuff I need to do on Saturday and Sunday ^__^

otakuapprentice

Quote from: kollunz on June 19, 2008, 11:29:08 PM
I've already unlocked all the new pyro weapons. The flaregun is actually quite useful.
its good for long range to put it up there with the demoman in being able to lob projectiles, plus it can take out sentrys/dispensers from afar; sadly, up close is where it loses effect. the backburner i dont like so much, but i like the change to the reg. flamethrower.
Quote from: ININ on June 20, 2008, 09:31:05 PM
Is anyone interested in a special Monday Night TF2 Monday June 23?  I read the latest updates and the Pyro achievements.  Awesome XD  I downloaded the latest updates.

I wait to play on Monday after the free TF2 weekend.  I have other stuff I need to do on Saturday and Sunday ^__^
ohshit, im down for that(already have two out of three new pyro weapons).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

mDuo13

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 21, 2008, 11:11:30 PM
Quote from: kollunz on June 19, 2008, 11:29:08 PM
its good for long range to put it up there with the demoman in being able to lob projectiles, plus it can take out sentrys/dispensers from afar; sadly, up close is where it loses effect. the backburner i dont like so much, but i like the change to the reg. flamethrower.
Quote from: ININ on June 20, 2008, 09:31:05 PM

ohshit, im down for that(already have two out of three new pyro weapons).
Alright. I'm down for it, too. (Yes, I got the game, finally.)

Spiritsnare

Got a fully unlocked Pyro ready to go.

The Backburner is a pretty damn good advantage against other Pyros merely because of the extra 50 health it gives. I learned that the hard way after getting dominated by five other people who had unlocked the damn thing - now it doesn't happen. >3

The other two I haven't found much of a use for - I don't use the axe, and I haven't quite gotten used to the flare gun yet. I like playing offensively, so I'm usually not at long distance to use it the way it's supposed to be used XD
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

I've gotten owned by a couple people using the flare gun. The backburner is definitely awesome, though I haven't unlocked it for myself yet. I guess that's because, for now, I see achievements as vague goals to pursue while normally enjoying the game, so that they're something of a pleasant surprise when I, you know, achieve them.

I was thinking, how about we make Monday Night TF2 a regular occurrence? Like, if you're only on one night a week, try to make Monday that night from here on. Anyone else in favor?

ININ

You got the game.  Awesome XD  Another player.  What's your SteamID if you want to share?

We had Monday Night TF2 (MNTF2) a regular occurrence about six months ago.  Then MNTF2 stopped because of schedules, school, and work.  For me, it was working on my Chrono Hawlowne cosplay.  We can have MNTF2 a regular occurrence again.

I participate tonight.  It depends when my Dad logs off the Internet XD  We have separate DSL routers.

Spiritsnare

I'm down for regular Monday Night TF2.

Also, when shall we start, how many people will be joining us, and where shall we play? So far, we've got four people confirmed, but the other two questions are still up in the air.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: ININ on June 23, 2008, 01:11:00 PM
You got the game.  Awesome XD  Another player.  What's your SteamID if you want to share?
Here's a shock for you. My SteamID is "mDuo13". XD

I say, unless we have like 12 people, we should just join open servers that have room for all of us. ;) I'm down for pretty much any map, but it gets boring if there aren't many people.

Aside: I just discovered Valve's TF2 stats page today. Pretty interesting information, especially the death hotspots.

ININ

@mDuo13, I added you on the first post.

MNTF2 was great.  I was rusty last night.  After we played at Richie's server, we went to another server and played 2Fort and Dustbowl.  The second game of 2Fort was a statemate.  I'm available for another MNTF2 on June 30.

Here are the screenshots.  Appu, sorry, no screenshots of you because we were on the same team ^__^

gmontem floating on the job

mDuo13 keeping his finger on the trigger

mDuo13 bonesaw and run

Spiritsnare avoiding Revenge

Richie's server duel_duel ININ on the ceiling #1

Richie's server duel_duel ININ on the ceiling #2

ININ's last moment before killed by #1 sniper Spirtsnare

mDuo13

good times, good times. I look forward to next week.

ININ

I realized I had a full supply of metal.  I might have built an exit teleporter for everyone to party on the ceiling.

*shakes fist*  Why did you sniped me, Spiritsnare ^___^

mDuo13

Who's ready for MNTF2:2008-06-30 Edition? I am!

Emerge

i'm down. somebody send me a steam pm when it's happening.

mDuo13

It totally didn't happen. =(

I was online until about 10pm, watching anime and waiting for people to show up, but nothing happened. Then I decided to lie down and next thing I know, it's 2am. I got up, but it didn't seem like anyone was around, so I rewatched Kara no Kyoukai #1 and went to bed.

otakuapprentice

yea, i completely forgot about last night(my computer was taken over for most of the night), but next week will probably be better.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ININ

When we played Monday Night TF2 when TF2 was still new, we had a good turnout.  Today, it's hard even with school out which surprises me.  We have our work schedules and other priorities =)

I see if I can participate on Monday July 7.

mDuo13

I played a lot last night, and nobody else was on. =/

ININ

Sorry.  I play on Mondays (for the time being  ;)) and weekends when I'm free.  Work and working out at the gym =)

Everyone, let's aim for a goal for the MNTF2.  Let's get eight players to play on Richie's server to earn the Win Friends Like these achievement.

mDuo13

If that's the case, then we should aim for a definite time period during which everyone should be on. Like, 9-11pm or something. Then people who may not be on for the whole night can try and arrange things to ensure they're on at the same time.