Things that need to not happen at Fanime

Started by PyronIkari, October 22, 2007, 09:22:07 PM

Miradori

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 24, 2007, 08:21:00 PM
Quote from: Glitch on October 24, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
Didn't we already discuss this chick in the Suggestion thread? Thread over, kidding.
Of course I'm not sure if it's still over there. It doesn't hurt to discuss over again due to safety issues.
man, there needs to be a how-to vid on glomping...or some sort of pamphlet.
I'll make the pamphlet/flyer! I'll hand them out next year too! *nod nod* "Glomping: How To's and What Not to Do's...srsly we aren't playing football"
gah, now I really need to do that

Glitch

Steve.Young

Working rovers, i saw a lot of people that also continually followed around certain people to glomp, touch, and basically harass those people. So many harassment complaints in 07.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

phoenixphire24

Aside from not wanting to be touched by randos, some people have expensive and/or fragile costumes. I'd be REALLY angry if someone ruined a part of my costume.

Ryumon Hozukimaru

I hear ya. That would piss me off. Unfortunatly that is bound to happen to some people.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy

babytealeaf

That is video is quite terrifying :o

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 24, 2007, 09:12:02 PM
You don't hug people you don't know without asking or anything like that... if you do that in 90% of places, you get punched(LOL BORAT). It's personal space... some people don't like being touched, even more so by strangers.

I totally agree. I would definitely be pissed if someone decided to glomp me without my permission.

Kazuko

I saw that video and Maaan If I was in cosplay and she glomped me D: she would have gotten the cuss out of her life!

I find it rude that someone just randomly runs up to you and glomps you especially if you have like a headgear or other items that you worked your heart and soul over and it gets ruined like that.

Personal space please!

Mordyan

Oh shit.... I am in that video. I remember her now. That's ININ getting glomped right after the Sora with the donut. You can see me an Chloe get out of the way at the last second. I remember that Raymond was a bit shocked after it happened. She almost knock him over.

Yah... not cool.

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on October 25, 2007, 09:23:00 AM
Working rovers, i saw a lot of people that also continually followed around certain people to glomp, touch, and basically harass those people. So many harassment complaints in 07.

Yeah, I hate paperwork I was stuck in the Rover's office filing reports and dealing with SJ PD on MULPITLE occasions...

We'll have 'might' have more boys in blue in uniform...

think of the chaos of someone was foolish to glomp one of them?...

That would be ALL bad.  >:(
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

M

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 24, 2007, 09:21:07 PM
ppl at cons are used to glomping now, some more than others; getting permission first is probably the best way to avoid a punch/hit/kick/slap/etc. in the face/gut/etc.
People that regularly attend conventions *might* be used to seeing glomps, but it doesn't mean that they want to be glomped. Keep in mind that we also have new people that have never been to a convention/FanimeCon before.

[Edited]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Stormfalcon

Quote from: MPLe on October 26, 2007, 12:58:27 PM
ppl at cons are used to glomping now, some more than others; getting permission first is probably the best way to avoid a punch/hit/kick/slap/etc. in the face/gut/etc.
People that regularly attend conventions are used to getting glomped. Keep in mind that every convention has people that attend for the first time, which is why glomping isn't encouraged.

Not always the case.  I've been going to Fanime since the Foothill days, and I make it very clear that glomping is unwanted as far as I'm concerned.  It's clear others feel the same way, regardless of how long they've been going to Fanime and other cons.  Saying that con veterans are used to glomps is painting with a rather broad brush.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Steve.Young

Yeah, I hate paperwork I was stuck in the Rover's office filing reports and dealing with SJ PD on MULPITLE occasions...

We'll have 'might' have more boys in blue in uniform...

think of the chaos of someone was foolish to glomp one of them?...

That would be ALL bad.  >:(

I think I filed more incident reports than I wanted to. It would be nice to have more police officers on hand. It seemed that they were never there.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shinigami

I hate glompers. I've had people follow me around so they could glomp me. I swear, some people don't seem to realize that we cosplayers are PEOPLE, not anime characters. I've seen people have their costumes or props broken due to glomping, and I feel really bad for those people. I don't mind if people ask me for a hug, but if they run at me with full force and surprise me, I have a problem with that. It's common courtesy to ask first. I think a lot of glompers think that cosplayers are anime characters and don't feel pain.

Chloe

Quote from: Mordyan on October 25, 2007, 09:01:01 PM
Oh shit.... I am in that video. I remember her now. That's ININ getting glomped right after the Sora with the donut. You can see me an Chloe get out of the way at the last second. I remember that Raymond was a bit shocked after it happened. She almost knock him over.

Yah... not cool.

lol.  zOMG, you know that's on youtube.com?  She told me about it awhile ago, and said I was famous on the internet 'cause I was partially in a video at Fanime '07.  But, yeah, man... I got scared when that happened. It all happened so fast. D:

BTW, HI MORDYAN! ^^
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

M

Quote from: Stormfalcon on October 26, 2007, 08:42:07 PM
Quote from: MPLe on October 26, 2007, 12:58:27 PM
People that regularly attend conventions are used to getting glomped. Keep in mind that every convention has people that attend for the first time, which is why glomping isn't encouraged.

Not always the case.  I've been going to Fanime since the Foothill days, and I make it very clear that glomping is unwanted as far as I'm concerned.  It's clear others feel the same way, regardless of how long they've been going to Fanime and other cons.  Saying that con veterans are used to glomps is painting with a rather broad brush.

Gah, I wrote my post incorrectly. I meant

People that regularly attend conventions *might* be used to seeing glomps, but it doesn't mean that they want to be glomped.

Changing original post now.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

narutofan17

Send her my way next time. I live to be glomped. Then again I look up to Jiraiya. XD. Super nerd alert! XDDDD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

cappeh

lol i think my friend is in that video. [i think] she's the one in the inu yasha cosplay

ya that's her.

anyways i don't really care as long as they don't hurt me. but i know why other people would be pissed.
hi i lav u

DshadowSakura

yA that was me (rukia w/kon doll) and ma friend piper in the inu yasha costume!! lmao we were kinda stuck on stupid for a second. She kinda hurt ma friend *piper* inu yasha we also didnt know we were gunna be on youtube @_@ zomg!

Kyokun

What's bad is if you read the comments from the youtube video, people are going, "OMG, that's so cool, I'm going to do this, too!!" which means we might have even more inconsiderate glompers running around this year.  I swear, if anyone tries doing this to me, unasked, they're going to get a hard shove in the face and/or a cussfest.

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!