Things that need to not happen at Fanime

Started by PyronIkari, October 22, 2007, 09:22:07 PM

abcbadcat

Quote from: DshadowSakura on October 31, 2007, 11:46:00 PM
yA that was me (rukia w/kon doll) and ma friend piper in the inu yasha costume!! lmao we were kinda stuck on stupid for a second. She kinda hurt ma friend *piper* inu yasha we also didnt know we were gunna be on youtube @_@ zomg!

Cappeh and I know Piper! We hung out with her at a costume party last Saturday.

=]

I agree that every cosplayer at the door should get a sticker or something saying yes or no to glomping. It would solve alot of problems.

narutofan17

Quote from: abcbadcat on November 01, 2007, 09:28:06 PM
yA that was me (rukia w/kon doll) and ma friend piper in the inu yasha costume!! lmao we were kinda stuck on stupid for a second. She kinda hurt ma friend *piper* inu yasha we also didnt know we were gunna be on youtube @_@ zomg!

=]

I agree that every cosplayer at the door should get a sticker or something saying yes or no to glomping. It would solve alot of problems.
Yeah if you want to be glomped (like me) just have some kind of sign and that will solve the problem.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Shinigami

Quote from: Kyokun on November 01, 2007, 10:46:52 AM
What's bad is if you read the comments from the youtube video, people are going, "OMG, that's so cool, I'm going to do this, too!!" which means we might have even more inconsiderate glompers running around this year.  I swear, if anyone tries doing this to me, unasked, they're going to get a hard shove in the face and/or a cussfest.
Several people posted more serious comment too, myself included. You know, telling about the serious side of glomping and all that and to ask permission and blah blah blah. She deleted those comments.  >:(
But all the comments she kept were all the "omg kawaii awesome" fangirly comments, and those comments worry me....

DshadowSakura

Quote from: abcbadcat on November 01, 2007, 09:28:06 PM

=]

Yeah Dshadowsakura=Yeli i went to the party too aka the other zombie ..but yeah back to the point on the other idea of ribbons or stickers=good idea , but would fanime have the money to do that?

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

XpHoBiaX

Not having my car blow up at Fanime 2008 will be a plus...I may have to drive down to San Jose ***again*** IN that car. xD

Stormfalcon

re: the signs thing.  What would be better would be that those who want to be glomped bring their own signs stating so.  Otherwise, it would be safe to assume that the person in question does not want to be glomped.  No expense to the con whatsoever, other than coming down on those glomping folks without a sign giving permission.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Stormfalcon on November 02, 2007, 07:51:01 AM
re: the signs thing.  What would be better would be that those who want to be glomped bring their own signs stating so.  Otherwise, it would be safe to assume that the person in question does not want to be glomped.  No expense to the con whatsoever, other than coming down on those glomping folks without a sign giving permission.

The problem with that... is that it sorta encourages the idea of bringing signs, which is the opposite of what the con wants. Signs are strongly discouraged, and many types of signs are banned from the convention(those asking for money or other such type things).

Stormfalcon

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 02, 2007, 08:01:05 AM
Quote from: Stormfalcon on November 02, 2007, 07:51:01 AM

The problem with that... is that it sorta encourages the idea of bringing signs, which is the opposite of what the con wants. Signs are strongly discouraged, and many types of signs are banned from the convention(those asking for money or other such type things).

Good point.  I guess the better policy would be "No glomps unless given express verbal permission", then.  No permission, no glomp.  Glomp without permission, get your socially maladjusted butt booted from the con.  Works for me at least.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Kyokun

Quote from: Shinigami on November 01, 2007, 10:05:54 PM
What's bad is if you read the comments from the youtube video, people are going, "OMG, that's so cool, I'm going to do this, too!!" which means we might have even more inconsiderate glompers running around this year.  I swear, if anyone tries doing this to me, unasked, they're going to get a hard shove in the face and/or a cussfest.
Several people posted more serious comment too, myself included. You know, telling about the serious side of glomping and all that and to ask permission and blah blah blah. She deleted those comments.  >:(
But all the comments she kept were all the "omg kawaii awesome" fangirly comments, and those comments worry me....
Well, that sounds encouraging. /sarcasm  I hope she gets reported this year and kicked out of the con since she obviously doesn't care how people feel about being mauled/attacked.

If you want to glomp or be glomped, that's fine, but PLEASE be respectful towards those of us who do NOT.  I don't want to hit anyone, but out of reflex I might, if someone surprise jumps me.

cappeh

.......she did?
wtf
she's a dumb ho. i hope the next person she jumps on drops her.

lol, hi yeli! :D
hi i lav u

Shinsengumi

I would laugh too if someone did that lol.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Emerge

Quote from: Kyokun on November 02, 2007, 11:57:15 AM
I hope she gets reported this year and kicked out of the con since she obviously doesn't care how people feel about being mauled/attacked.

i'd rather someone get kicked out of somewhere for what they DO as opposed to what they THINK.

Quote from: cappeh on November 02, 2007, 07:50:11 PMshe's a dumb ho. i hope the next person she jumps on drops her.

uncalled for.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Emerge on November 03, 2007, 02:02:42 AM

i'd rather someone get kicked out of somewhere for what they DO as opposed to what they THINK.

The reason of the act is more important than the act itself. If she did that to someone that she asked and didn't mind, the act would not warrant her being kicked out. However, the act based on the reasoning that she doesn't care, nor puts any consideration towards the other party involved, is the grounds to get them kicked out.

uncalled for.
Hardly... it's very called for, because that's exactly what she is, and the action is justified. I'm not going to attempt to carry the weight of some fat little girl that thinks it's cute to jump on to me and latch on when I haven't a damned clue who she is, and I hope dropping her to the floor will get the dumbass to realize how stupid she is, and how she should stop to think about doing such a dumb act ever again. People act and don't think about consequences and don't rationalize why they do things, nor how they will be received. Those people deserve to be slapped with reality.

Kyokun

I hope she gets reported this year and kicked out of the con since she obviously doesn't care how people feel about being mauled/attacked.

I didn't say as soon as I get to the con, I'm going to report her for doing nothing just because of what she did last year.  I'm saying if she continues to act irresponsibly (highly likely, since she deleted every negative comment from her video), even though people have told her this action is not welcomed by everyone, then I hope she gets reported and banned from the con.

cappeh

Quote from: cappeh on November 02, 2007, 07:50:11 PMshe's a dumb ho. i hope the next person she jumps on drops her.

uncalled for.
lol wut?

no more uncalled for than jumping on someone and expecting them to carry you.
hi i lav u

Tony

"Dumb" part, ok. "Ho" part, not necessary.

It's a dumb idea. See what can happen?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Shinigami

Quote from: cappeh on November 03, 2007, 02:46:19 PM

uncalled for.
lol wut?

no more uncalled for than jumping on someone and expecting them to carry you.

I agree with this statement. If she thinks it's okay to jump on me, I think it's okay to drop her. But no, seriously now, if she's going to jump on me and I don't want to carry her, I simply won't carry her. She's getting dropped one way or another... whether it's on purpose or accident.

JohnnyAR

I don't really mind getting glomped, just as long as the people glomping me are girls and their not taller than me by 8 inches. But just to be on the safe side just ask the person if you can glomp them. But yeah I'll be pissed if someone glomped me if I was cosplaying and I was wearing something expensive or something I worked really hard on. So yeah just ask..................................

JohnnyAR

Well, that sounds encouraging. /sarcasm  I hope she gets reported this year and kicked out of the con since she obviously doesn't care how people feel about being mauled/attacked.

If you want to glomp or be glomped, that's fine, but PLEASE be respectful towards those of us who do NOT.  I don't want to hit anyone, but out of reflex I might, if someone surprise jumps me.

there should be a offical way to tell if someone wants to be glomped and I mean without using those little signs. mabye we should have a sticker or something like that on our name tags, so that glompers can tell which person is okay to glomp.