Things that need to not happen at Fanime

Started by PyronIkari, October 22, 2007, 09:22:07 PM

Stormfalcon

Quote from: Mister_E on December 06, 2007, 10:27:28 AM
Just put/wave your hands in a no reply, I've tryed and it works, or slide to the right or left

Why should we have to do that?  It'd be better if everyone assumed that no glomping is the rule unless given express permission.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Mister_E

Quote from: Stormfalcon on December 06, 2007, 11:16:49 AM
Just put/wave your hands in a no reply, I've tryed and it works, or slide to the right or left

Why should we have to do that?  It'd be better if everyone assumed that no glomping is the rule unless given express permission.

Yes but doesn't that take the surprize factor out of the picture
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Kyokun

Quote from: Mister_E on December 06, 2007, 01:19:41 PM
Quote from: Stormfalcon on December 06, 2007, 11:16:49 AM

Yes but doesn't that take the surprize factor out of the picture
Yes, 'cause it's better to surprise someone, causing them to fall over and hurt themselves, than to ask them, just so you can get your jollies.

Or ruin their costume.  Or cause them to drop something.  Or, for the love of god, infringe on their personal space because they don't want to be touched!  Why can't glompers understand that?  Some of us just don't want to be grabbed/mauled/touched by strangers!  JUST ASK.

Mister_E

I agree with you that there is pain...Now that I think of it, it is a drag to get glomped...

You win this time Dammit!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

FinalShadows

Well i'm not wearing something that can be damaged by glomping, so Glomp me whenever u guys want xD
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Ayamachi

I've never been glomped; a few people have asked for hugs here and there, but that's it. I don't think I'd mind being glomped as long as it's not from behind, so I can see the onslaught coming.

Though one of my costumes is going to be a huge challenge for me to make, with a delicate prop and chest accessory. If anyone glomps me while I'm wearing that, I'll probably kick them in the knees. The other three are safe, at least. >.>
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

Mister_E

Quote from: Ayamachi on December 11, 2007, 01:37:00 AM
I've never been glomped; a few people have asked for hugs here and there, but that's it. I don't think I'd mind being glomped as long as it's not from behind, so I can see the onslaught coming.

Though one of my costumes is going to be a huge challenge for me to make, with a delicate prop and chest accessory. If anyone glomps me while I'm wearing that, I'll probably kick them in the knees. The other three are safe, at least. >.>

Same here I've been hugged, but they didn't want to Hug ME, JUST The Laughing Man, also at the Rave as well, but it was dancing with the Laughing Man But I didn't care them chicks were hot!

Niaro

So we can pretty much sum this topic up from all that was repeated. Hello, I'm new nice to meet you. :'D

1) Glompers need permission from cosplayers.
2) You absolutely cannot glomp from the back. o_O Won't even give the cosplayer a head start to run or resent it if they see it coming.
3) People get seriously injured. Even people who are sick would love to go to Anime Conventions because it's a very fun event.
4) People carrying food can get it smeared all over their lovely costumes and result into tears or cursing.
5) JUST ASK? LOL?

I will either be barefoot or wearing sandals due to my choice of cosplay. I can just imagine the types of foot injuries that'd possibly come from glomping. Plus, I'm small and even I don't want to admit: fragile. I never sprained anything in my life and I really do not want to feel that pain. Even bruising.

.... The end.

Stormfalcon

My DeviantArt Page:

keirabug

oh man, i'd freak o.o
I'd be pissed especially if I was that guy who dropped his donut... that's the last straw
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright

JohnnyAR

Quote from: keirabug on December 17, 2007, 11:21:30 PM
oh man, i'd freak o.o
I'd be pissed especially if I was that guy who dropped his donut... that's the last straw

same here

Devi 1313

oh wow, I was the Etna in that video, although she was good and didn't tackle me like everyone else (actually, I didn't even know it was considered a glomp). If she had I would've yelled at her. I second everyone's statements. As someone who's big on personal space I try to treat everyone with respect and ask before hugging or taking pics.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Ftwyn

Elevator Ninjas defiantly don't need to happen... EVER!

Death_Note_Matt

Quote from: FinalShadows on December 08, 2007, 03:43:16 PM
Well i'm not wearing something that can be damaged by glomping, so Glomp me whenever u guys want xD
Will do..If I remember XP
Another Player has Entered the Game

narutofan17

Are we still on the glomping. It's simple, you either want to be glomped or not. If you want to glomp someone just ask them. If they say no then oh well. Let's just have a good time at fanime...when it's here *wants to go even more* ><
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

JohnnyAR

I wonder if Lea, the person on the video that started this thread, goes on the forums?

Quote from: Migi on January 17, 2008, 10:36:56 PM
Elevator Ninjas defiantly don't need to happen... EVER!

What do the elevator ninjas do? Wait around in elevator and annoy anyone that go in it? imagine a buisness man waitiong for the elevator door to open and as soon as it does the ninjas pop out and start poking him.

dibbly

On glomping,

why hasnt there been a universal glomp notice for con-peeps. like a badge on the arm or a button? kinda like peace tying?
like,..

red= no glomp
blue= ask before glomp
green= please glomp

it might be a bit of a hassle but it would help people not getting upset and hurt, not to mention all the glomp lovers will be left to themselves.
Hell, they could put it on our badges, that way people would have to look, letting all involved know of it happening.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

PyronIkari

Because it should be common sense. Should we also have a sticker for people that don't want to be punched in the face, groped? A sticker for "Hey I'm easy and will sleep with you" and stuff as well?

It's a lot of extra work, and money that a convention SHOULDN'T have to do for something like "basic courtousy" on behalf of the attendees. The attendees should have common sense... end of.

Put it on our badges? Do you think people go up and stare at your badge then go "OH OKAY!" and then they walk back about 5 feet then run at you and tackle you?

Stormfalcon

Besides, con management shot down the idea over in the Ideas and Suggestions board anyway, as well as they should.

My DeviantArt Page:

narutofan17

Like I said before, I'm all for glomping but just in a respectable way and if that person wants to be glomped. If they don't want to be then that's that. Even if they had colored tags that identified you as someone that did or didn't want to be glomped I think that would be awkward because people would be avoiding each other and other that did would be screwing with the people that didn't want to be glomped. On a personal note I wouldn't wear some colored tag. That would make me feel like some kind of fugitive or something. "Avoid the green tag people if you don't want to be glomped"
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!