About the ID thing...

Started by Tabbychan, October 23, 2007, 07:15:46 AM

Tabbychan

This year I myself will have a License/ID, But my sister will not. Can I show mine to them to also have her get hers? Can she use her school ID? Or do we need our parents to come and show their Identification?

sOrry to bother anyone with such a silly question but I'm rather lost on the whole thing... ^^;

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tabbychan on October 23, 2007, 07:15:46 AM
This year I myself will have a License/ID, But my sister will not. Can I show mine to them to also have her get hers? Can she use her school ID? Or do we need our parents to come and show their Identification?

Usually not, unless you're regging as a group, then the "leader" can pick up all group members' badges. (I don't know if it will be mandatory that the leader pick them up like last year.)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Krnchichiri

Well, your sister can present her passport, parents don't necessarily have to be there to pick it up.
[[ Some people for pre-reg are nice to let young students pick up their badges with a school i.d. However, it's not a 100% thing.]]

Your sister has to be present though, no one else can pick up her badge for her. ^^;;
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Tabbychan

I'm still abit confused, But thank you all for your help^^

Wait, So a passport could be used?o.o

And yes, My sister will be picking up her own badge, as OI am picking up mine. I just don't know about the whole Identification thing^^;

Krnchichiri

Yes, any kind of government issued photo i.d. is perfectly acceptable. [Drivers licence, state ID cards, passport... ]
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Tabbychan

Oh! That's a great helpxD thank you very much for helping me out here!!!!=3 You rock^^

RamenCat

sOrry to bother anyone with such a silly question but I'm rather lost on the whole thing... ^^;
When I worked registration last year we were told that a federal ID is preferable, but having the receipt of your purchase of the badge is fine and having a school ID is fine...you just need someone to vouch for you ie yes they are who they say they are...it really shouldn't be a problem
Registration Staff 07-08

LadyKaren

Quote from: RamenCat on January 30, 2008, 12:54:46 AM

When I worked registration last year we were told that a federal ID is preferable, but having the receipt of your purchase of the badge is fine and having a school ID is fine...you just need someone to vouch for you ie yes they are who they say they are...it really shouldn't be a problem

I think we're changing that. If I remember some conversations correctly, we're cracking down and enforcing government issued id.

M

Quote from: LadyKaren on January 30, 2008, 12:18:12 PMI think we're changing that. If I remember some conversations correctly, we're cracking down and enforcing government issued id.
And to add onto that, if there's any realistic* suggestions that you have in regards to picking up your badge, feel free to email Registration. If it's good enough, you might win some sort of prize.**

*Realistic doesn't mean 'give us all free badges', which I have been told is a realistic idea. O_O;;
**Prize(s) might or might-not be more than just the satisfaction that you helped out the convention. It might be more though, you never know. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!