cosplay chess, dating game, and other ideas

Started by clawmaster, October 23, 2007, 11:13:06 AM

otakuya

Gwydion

It would be easier to stick to normal chess rules and NOT make this the cosplay version of Wizard's Chess. ^^

If you can get the okay Ska_kitti, I think you'll find many people willing to help you come up with the incidentals. I certainly would be willing to make some chess squares and participate however I can. ^^

addy

IF you want i could be a one of the main player to read the moves out. I know the rules of the game.

doragon

Oh hey! Awesome, I didn't realize there was discussion about cosplay chess on these boards - I'm usually at cosplay.com so was going to start my own thread over there to see if there were interests xD;
That being said, yay!  The idea has already been tossed around by you guys and that makes me happy ~ especially since I was like 'oh crap, I have no idea how to plan these types of things' and just help out in various ways and play.  Oh, and supply the board.  I have a gigantic board that my friend and I made for such a cause [cosplay chess] and would be more than happy to haul it up if this gets underway [under the conditions of being able to play, of course xD;]

So, um yeah. That would solve that issue for you guys.  Here's a picture of the board : http://www.chirigami.net/misc/finished-01.jpg
It has survived Anime Expo, will be cleaned soon and then used at ALA.  I do believe the squares are like 2.5 or 3 feet each.  So its either like 20-24 feet long give or take and something like that. yeeeeah.

Hope to see more with this :D
... I'll try to remember to check back over here yonder e.e;
Stuff!

clawmaster

Quote from: doragon on November 24, 2007, 01:08:23 PM
Oh hey! Awesome, I didn't realize there was discussion about cosplay chess on these boards - I'm usually at cosplay.com so was going to start my own thread over there to see if there were interests xD;
That being said, yay!  The idea has already been tossed around by you guys and that makes me happy ~ especially since I was like 'oh crap, I have no idea how to plan these types of things' and just help out in various ways and play.  Oh, and supply the board.  I have a gigantic board that my friend and I made for such a cause [cosplay chess] and would be more than happy to haul it up if this gets underway [under the conditions of being able to play, of course xD;]

So, um yeah. That would solve that issue for you guys.  Here's a picture of the board : http://www.chirigami.net/misc/finished-01.jpg
It has survived Anime Expo, will be cleaned soon and then used at ALA.  I do believe the squares are like 2.5 or 3 feet each.  So its either like 20-24 feet long give or take and something like that. yeeeeah.

o_O *bows down* i am not worthy i am not worthy!
the bored is awsome! look in the cosplay thread on these forums too and post your pic of your bored. with this bored we could be one more step to actually gettting this started! XD yay!

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

doragon

hehe ^_^;;

wait, where am I looking and posting? xD;
Stuff!

clawmaster

Quote from: doragon on November 24, 2007, 01:54:58 PM
hehe ^_^;;

wait, where am I looking and posting? xD;

in the cosplay thread in cosplay events. its one of the stickies. the first ones.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Runewitt

Quote from: doragon on November 24, 2007, 01:08:23 PM

that. board. is. PERFECT!
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

zoupzuop2

There've been a lot of great opinions about the cosplay Chess, and I look forward to how that turns out. However, noticing the title, I have one quip about the 'other' thing:

In regards to the Dating show, I smell trouble. Anything that even slightly suggests romance, even in a game format, ESPECIALLY at a 'geek' convention (I use that term in the best possible way), runs the risk of either offense or someone's emotions being harmed. The chance of someone taking a contestant's choice personally could be very high, and at the very best would drop their self-esteem a tad.

Good idea, but a bit too risky. Mayhaps the Chess idea will flourish better?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

BlueOracle

Dating game like "Hi I'm Bob you wanna date?"  or dating game like "Hi I'm Sasuke wanna date?"  cause real life date...bad idea.  but pretend with characters could be hillarious.  just like make sure you got ans many guys and girls so no one gets left out.  no real date, just like a compatablilty test, see if characters from the same show'd wind up together.  don't know just an idea.
I Am The Terror That Flaps In The Night.  I Am The Yo Yo You Just Can't Untangle.  I Am DarkWing Duck!

BunofGovt

Quote from: doragon on November 24, 2007, 01:08:23 PM... So, um yeah. That would solve that issue for you guys.  Here's a picture of the board : http://www.chirigami.net/misc/finished-01.jpg

Friggin' awesome board!  I feel like the Cosplay Chess is so much more closer to becoming a reality!

Quote from: BlueOracle on November 25, 2007, 04:14:07 PM
Dating game like "Hi I'm Bob you wanna date?"  or dating game like "Hi I'm Sasuke wanna date?"  cause real life date...bad idea.  but pretend with characters could be hillarious.  just like make sure you got ans many guys and girls so no one gets left out.  no real date, just like a compatablilty test, see if characters from the same show'd wind up together.  don't know just an idea.

Something like the Dating Game on tv? With 3 guys (or girls) on one side of a curtain and the datee on the other to ask questions of each one?  Omigosh, that sounds like a great masquerade skit!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

addy

both seem like a fun idea. It would be great for both to happen for fanime 08.

sunrise-oasis

What about checkers? i know its a lame game O_O!...... but i know some people don't know how to play chess