Hellsing cosplay help

Started by JohnnyAR, October 23, 2007, 04:16:54 PM

JohnnyAR

I want to cosplay as Alucard from Hellsing and I need help put it together. I need suggestions for getting all the stuff to put it together in the most CHEAPIST way. I did find a black leather coat I coud've used as a manga Alucard costume, but it was 100 dollars, I was like "damn this is a friggin thrift store, rip off." I can do the hat kinda I found somewhere giveing tips on doing the hat. now the sunglasses are one of the hardest things, WHY the hell aren't glasses like those sold anywhere? Shite kinda like how you rarely see Mentos being sold anywhere and they're so popular.

KawaiiMess

Ah, Alucard. Quite possibly one of the more difficult costumes to do...

Let's start with the coat. It doesn't have to be leather--if you find something that's made out of different material (and red, because that's the color his coat is) and CHEAPER, then get that. Leather is expensive, plus it's as hot as hell. Although it'll look cool, you'll fry.

The hat, hmm...you could try looking at pre-made costume accessories online, because there's a slim chance you'd find a hat in the stores that resembles Alucard's. As for the glasses, they don't have to look EXACTLY like his (you'd have to get custom-mades or something for that), they just have to have round lenses.

As for the undershirt, just find a white dress shirt. Ditto for the vest. The ribbon bow you can make yourself, and as for pants, get black dress pants. As for shoes, it'd look cooler if they were black. Gloves you can get from a costume/Halloween store, and you can paint the pentagram seals on them yourself.

The guns you would probably either have to buy as ready-made, or make yourself. And if you can't put together the costume by yourself, check out the internets for ready-made costumes.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

JohnnyAR

Thanks, but I didn't mean I was looking for something thatt had to be leather though. Well I have round sunglasses that are red, I should've gotten the yellow one instead. The coat is the thing that I find most difficult, I have a red women's coat in my closet (I don't remember why) I just need to make it longer so it can be more like Alucard's, but the problem is that I can't find a coat the same materiel and exact color unless I can just take it to this fabric store and ask them to make it the way I want it to be but how much will it cost. Hmmmmmm I'll check with them. thanks for your help man.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: TofuHiruma on October 25, 2007, 06:01:17 PM
Ah, Alucard. Quite possibly one of the more difficult costumes to do...

Let's start with the coat. It doesn't have to be leather--if you find something that's made out of different material (and red, because that's the color his coat is) and CHEAPER, then get that. Leather is expensive, plus it's as hot as hell. Although it'll look cool, you'll fry.

The hat, hmm...you could try looking at pre-made costume accessories online, because there's a slim chance you'd find a hat in the stores that resembles Alucard's. As for the glasses, they don't have to look EXACTLY like his (you'd have to get custom-mades or something for that), they just have to have round lenses.

As for the undershirt, just find a white dress shirt. Ditto for the vest. The ribbon bow you can make yourself, and as for pants, get black dress pants. As for shoes, it'd look cooler if they were black. Gloves you can get from a costume/Halloween store, and you can paint the pentagram seals on them yourself.

The guns you would probably either have to buy as ready-made, or make yourself. And if you can't put together the costume by yourself, check out the internets for ready-made costumes.

so do you have any ideas on how I can do those little flaps on Alucard's shoulder the right way?

KindaRandomKris

I'm not sure what your sewing level is, but I did find a thrift-shop breakdown of Alucard's costume, courtesy of Amethyst Angel's website: http://amethyst-angel.com/cosgallery_alucard.html

Might have to hunt around for the right stuff, and sewing is minimal.
Not too sure on the price, but if you don't use leather (which I suggest as his coat isn't leather to begin with), it shouldn't run too high.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

JohnnyAR

I don't understand what this guy was talking about with the dusters:
QuoteTo make the dusters pouf out more, I sewed a ruffle of netting underneath them where the shoulder and sleeve seams met.
I don't get it

Lizchan33

Well if the coat you found was leather at that thrift store that is an awsome price!
Long coats are usually at least 80$ when they aren't leather so finding a leather one that cheap is shocking enough.
And the ruffled netting is basically taking some netting and gathering it so it's more full. You then sew it down so you get the volume without the weight of lots of fabric.

fireofairy

hi, I'm attempting to cosplay as Sir Integral Hellsing but I don't quite know how to start on her outfit.  I was planning on doing her outfit that she most often wears (the one with the vest) but I'm not sure what the colors are or where to find color pics of Integra...Thanks for the help =D

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 27, 2007, 06:21:42 PM
I don't understand what this guy was talking about with the dusters:
QuoteTo make the dusters pouf out more, I sewed a ruffle of netting underneath them where the shoulder and sleeve seams met.
I don't get it

Netting. you know, like the stuff that makes up petticoats? The ... net-like stuff you can find in, yes, the formal fabric section of JoAnns. AA put in the dusters (the ruffly things at Alucard's shoulders) since she did take the coat apart at the seams. The netting went under the dusters, probably right where they join the sleeves at the seam.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Kegan_Flame

Nightroad

ok it seems that your heart is set on leather!!! A really good place to look for cheap costume pieces that look cool and work are good will stores and therift shops!!! 
As for redesigning the coat you already have... If you don't konw how to sew ask the people in the store to help, they are VERY nice and helpful!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

JohnnyAR

Alright enough of the leather! I know not a good choice so I know already.

Nightroad

Iam sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...SORRY!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

KawaiiMess

Calm down, y'all. XD Personally, it's not the material that makes a good cosplay--it's the spirit of the person who's portraying the character. That is the anime fan way!
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)