Favorite anime/manga couple?

Started by Altomare, October 24, 2007, 09:15:00 AM

Altomare

I looked and I didn't see a thread like this but if this is a repeat, I'm sorry!!
^^;;

Anyway, I'd like to know everyone's favorite anime/manga couple is. They can be from any series and of any gender [ because we all know gender is irrelevant to love ] and so yeah. Go ahead and lets see some love! xD

My favorite:

All right, my absolute favorite manga/anime couple of all time would have to be Kurogane and Fai from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. From the very beginning of the story I could tell something was going to develop between the two of them, weather it would be just friendship or romance I didn't know at the time. But as the story progressed everything unfolded and their epic romance began to take form. The things these two do for each other are simply breathing taking; the things they sacrifice for each other never cease to make me go "Wow!" Anyway, I can blather on about how epic I think their relationship is but you'd all probably get bored. xD But yeah, they're my OTP and I just love their epic and beautiful relationship. ^__^

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

~~Loktera~~

My favorite would have to be

Soubi x Ritsuka from Loveless

Just the way that they interact with eachother, Soubi constantly teasing and putting Ritsuka into situations of a compromising nature. Also, the way that Soubi remains as strong as he is, while remaining completely subservient to Ritsuka is kind of cute in its own way.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Altomare

I love Soubi x Ritsuka as well, especially after the events that took place in volume seven, seeing Soubi in that state was quite interesting, and the way he went to Ritsuka for comfort was simply awesome. I wont say any more at risk of spoilers for anyone who hasn't read that far. ^-^

While on the subject of Loveless, both the Zero couples were awesome. Koya and Yamato's relationship was simply beautiful and Youji and Natsuo's relationship is hilarious and really sweet at the same time.
xD

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Altomare on October 24, 2007, 09:15:00 AM

I looked and I didn't see a thread like this but if this is a repeat, I'm sorry!!
^^;;

Anyway, I'd like to know everyone's favorite anime/manga couple is. They can be from any series and of any gender [ because we all know gender is irrelevant to love ] and so yeah. Go ahead and lets see some love! xD

My favorite:

All right, my absolute favorite manga/anime couple of all time would have to be Kurogane and Fai from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. From the very beginning of the story I could tell something was going to develop between the two of them, weather it would be just friendship or romance I didn't know at the time. But as the story progressed everything unfolded and their epic romance began to take form. The things these two do for each other are simply breathing taking; the things they sacrifice for each other never cease to make me go "Wow!" Anyway, I can blather on about how epic I think their relationship is but you'd all probably get bored. xD But yeah, they're my OTP and I just love their epic and beautiful relationship. ^__^

I'm sorry, you're reading too much into it. There is no way that can happen. They are merely friends and that's that.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Altomare

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on October 24, 2007, 11:43:10 AM
I'm sorry, you're reading too much into it. There is no way that can happen. They are merely friends and that's that.

=|
How much of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE have you read?
Are you familiar with many other CLAMP works and how they canonize their couples?

If you said no to either of these questions than you have no room to talk. The way the relationship between Kurogane and Fai is developing in the later manga chapters of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is going down the road of CLAMP's version of canon.

And just a warning, what will be following this warning contains major spoilers from volume fifteen and up for TRC.

As of chapter 166/167 Kurogane and Fai can be considered canon by CLAMP standards; when in a desperate situation, through a dream when Kurogane was near death, Tomoyo-hime asked if Kurogane wished with all his heart to save and stay with Fai, and if he did wish that, to sever his arm [ which was infused with Fai's magic ] in exchange for Fai's life. Kurogane instantly, without hesitation cuts his own arm off so that he and Fai would not be seperated. [ Here is the page of Tomoyo asking him, and here he is severing his arm ] And lets not forget the fact that Kurogane became Fai's primary food source, stopped Fai from committing suicide, killed Ashura, and kept Fai somewhat mentally stable during the Celes arc. Fai on the other hand has done a fair share for Kurogane; he taught Kurogane what true strength was [ he is Kurogane's true strength ], and he also just [ in chapter 169 ] gave up all his remaining magic to give Kurogane a prosthetic arm.

99.9% of the time, in a CLAMP series, those types of things boil down to the two parties becoming a canon couple. If you have not read to these events in Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE I can understand that you may not think that Kurogane and Fai have anymore than regular friendship but really, if you have read that far than I cannot understand how you can possibly doubt their relationship.

I only ship couples that are canon or plausible.
Kurogane and Fai are my OTP because their relationship is epic, most certainly plausible and nearly canon.

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

K&K4ever

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK

Back to the topic of the thread.

My faves are Kaoru and Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin (the just fit so well together that it is balenced and perfic for them to get together and have pritty baby kenjutsu kids)

I've also begone a bit of a love afiare with Jak & Keira from the Jak Seiries (What can I say, You know they want each other!)
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Altomare

Kenshin x Kaoru = <3
They are such an awesome couple. I've only read a little bit of Rurouni Kenshin and I've only seen a few episodes but I've read tons of stuff about those two and they're such a great couple!
^__^

Never heard of the other two.
xD

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

K&K4ever

Quote from: Altomare on October 25, 2007, 10:46:11 AM

xD

Jak and Keira from the Jak and Daxter game seiries (jak is . . . well, Jak (the main Charecter) and Keira is the daugter of the man who raised him)

Altomare

Quote from: K&K4ever on October 25, 2007, 07:22:45 PM
Quote from: Altomare on October 25, 2007, 10:46:11 AM

xD

Jak and Keira from the Jak and Daxter game seiries (jak is . . . well, Jak (the main Charecter) and Keira is the daugter of the man who raised him)

Ah, I see. That sounds quite interesting. I love couples/pairings that have interesting stories like that.
^___^

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

K&K4ever

well, the romance itself isn't but when you do some diging it is, especcialy when you get to the fourth game (the one where (SPOILER) we actuale get to see them kiss on screen :-* )

Altomare

Ah, I see. Well regardless, they sound like a very interesting couple/ship.
=D

Oh! And how could I have possibly forgotten this couple; Yuuri and Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou!? Their relationship is just plain funny, but when it really boils down to it their romance is quite sweet.

And while I'm blathering, I can blab about Syaoran and Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. Their relationship is a classic for me, CCS [ along with Pokemon ] was my very first anime/manga so SyaoSaku holds a special place in my heart as does Touya x Yukito from CCS as well, their relationship was just as sweet. ^__^ And then from Sailor Moon, sheesh, Haruka and Michiru have been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remeber... <33

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Altomare on October 24, 2007, 12:19:43 PM

=|
Are you familiar with many other CLAMP works and how they canonize their couples?

If you said no to either of these questions than you have no room to talk. The way the relationship between Kurogane and Fai is developing in the later manga chapters of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is going down the road of CLAMP's version of canon.
Actually, Ryu's right. There's a thing called "fanservice".

With anime couples, for some reason... It's difficult finding an actual good pairing. In shounen anime, it's normally the girl seeming unfit or that they should remain friends, or the guy being too wimpy for the girl. In bishoujo anime, namely the ones based off galge, it's normally the guy being unfit for the girl (or any of the girls) or another girl would've been more suitable.

There are probably a few in the back of my head that I like and are not coming to mind now, but... I guess my favorite pairing would be Chikane and Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko despite how shitty the series was. Another would be Kenshin and Tomoe from the Kenshin OVAs, and maybe Kokonoe Rin and Kagami Kuro from Kojika, since that's just... really adorable.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Altomare

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on October 26, 2007, 10:48:33 PM

=|

With anime couples, for some reason... It's difficult finding an actual good pairing. In shounen anime, it's normally the girl seeming unfit or that they should remain friends, or the guy being too wimpy for the girl. In bishoujo anime, namely the ones based off galge, it's normally the guy being unfit for the girl (or any of the girls) or another girl would've been more suitable.

There are probably a few in the back of my head that I like and are not coming to mind now, but... I guess my favorite pairing would be Chikane and Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko despite how shitty the series was. Another would be Kenshin and Tomoe from the Kenshin OVAs, and maybe Kokonoe Rin and Kagami Kuro from Kojika, since that's just... really adorable.

=|
How is Kurogane and Fai's relationship fanservice? Their relationship is not the least bit fanservice like. Fanservie is stuff like Legal Drug, but really, how can something as deep, raw and emotional like their relationship be fanservice, especially in such a dark and angsty series like TRC?

Meh, I'm not too fond of many shonen series, there's a few I like but otherwise I tend to stick to other genres.

<3 Chikane and Himeko were great, but I agree, the series was quite pointless itself. I'm not familiar with the other two. ^-^;

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Altomare on October 26, 2007, 10:55:16 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on October 26, 2007, 10:48:33 PM

=|

=|
How is Kurogane and Fai's relationship fanservice? Their relationship is not the least bit fanservice like. Fanservie is stuff like Legal Drug, but really, how can something as deep, raw and emotional like their relationship be fanservice, especially in such a dark and angsty series like TRC?

Meh, I'm not too fond of many shonen series, there's a few I like but otherwise I tend to stick to other genres.

<3 Chikane and Himeko were great, but I agree, the series was quite pointless itself. I'm not familiar with the other two. ^-^;

Tsubasa Chronicle is a shounen series, iirc.

Fanservice also doesn't need to be scandalous or anything. It's giving what the fans want, despite how shallow or deep it may be. As for Kenshin x Tomoe, it's from the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs on his past. I personally found Kaoru annoying.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Altomare

I'm talking about Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, the manga. Yes, it is shonen just like the anime [ Tsubasa Chronicle ] but the manga is very different from the anime.

Lmao.
Besides, it may be labeled shonen but this is CLAMP we're talking about. I don't think they give a shit about what genre their stories get classified into. Besides, CLAMP couples don't generally have gender. I mean sure, the characters have genders but the love between characters has nothing to do with what they have or don't have hanging between their legs. Besides, in TRC they have featured many of their past homosexual/bisexual characters and homosexual couples. Seishirou and Subaru, Touya and Yukito, Kendappa and Souma, and Fuuma and Kamui have all been featured in the manga, their romances still intact. CLAMP's version of love is not held back by genre.

I've never seen the Kenshin OVA's so I can't really say much. But I always kind of liked Kaoru. But Yahiko was always my favorite.

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Jerry

im old school so id have to say

Ranma & Akane.
(perosnally i was more of a Fan of Ukyou myself)

or techinically MORE old school would be...

Rick (Ichiro) and Lisa (Misa) from  Robotech (Macross)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

K&K4ever

And I just remembered one more that only a few other people have thought of (and made nice fanfic of them)  Kasumi and Ryu Hayabusa from DOA (AND I DON'T MEAN THE GOD DANM MOVIE)

Druix

SasuNaru, for sure. They are the first pairing I've ever felt this strongly about. No other pair has ever been able to break my heart like these two (note: just so you know, if a pairing/fic/etc. can make me cry, then it's a very good thing). Even though it's still technically just fanon, there's such an overwhelming amount of evidence that, given they're both still alive by the end of the series, if they're not canon, Kishimoto better sleep with one eye open o.o;

Second place would be a tie between Zabuza/Haku and Utena/Anthy.

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

AbsolutelyCursed

How about Inuyasha and Kagome or even before that you have Inuyasha and Kikiyo.

K&K4ever

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on November 04, 2007, 11:44:34 PM
How about Inuyasha and Kagome or even before that you have Inuyasha and Kikiyo.

I would have thought the one on your avatar was your fav. but that's cool.