Black And White Ball 2009! Updated 3/14/09 (Location Announced!)

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 04:56:09 AM

MonkeyRikku

Quote from: GomenNasaiPro on November 09, 2008, 08:57:28 PM
There will be a 2009 formal naruto gathering during the Black and White ball if you are interested contact me or Brightheart76

Not to be rude, but Naruto cosplayers have always been jerks to me. So I'm not interested. Sorry.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

GomenNasaiPro

well not all of them are rude for example: um er uh...  (me) and my other Naruto friends

JiiiWiz

"Please don't.."

GomenNasaiPro

Calling all "Naruto" fans here is a second chance at another gathering but this time its at the "Black and White Ball." this time its a formal Naruto cosplay. If interested contact me :D

Naya_B

anyone wearing code geass cosplays? I'll be there as C.C. wearing the giant black dress from the code geass art book

HarpB

Little Lenny

I'm a little confused on the dress code since this is my first time at Fanime. Do I have this right: You are allowed to wear cosplay of any color? You are allowed to wear formal dresses and suits as long as they are black and white?
Conventions:
Anime LA 5, 2009- Orihime, Misa Misa, Envy, Jun
Fanime 2009- Youji, Jun, Relena
Anime Expo 2009- Marryweather, Envy, Jun, T-Chan. (I'll be so hot the first day, I won't be able to move the next 3 unless I wear cool things....)

boots01

suit's and dresses may be any color so long as the outfit is formal.  the same goes for cosplay.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

MonkeyRikku

Isn't the point of a black and white ball to be in black and white though? otherwise it's not a black and white ball and the idea has just turned from "the second annual black and white ball" to "the first annual Fanime Formal".

Although I have to admit I was about to ask about the colors black, cream, and off-white. I have a dress that's layered with these colors in the underlay.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

boots01

the black and white in a black and white ball is not a reference to the color scheme of the event, but rather in reference to the formality of the event.  ideally, one would wear rather formal attire to such an event - preferably a tuxedo or ball gown.  the scale of formality goes as follows:

casual
informal
semi-formal
formal
black tie
white tie

while ideally people would come to this event in either black or white tie attire, we are dropping the dress code requirement to be formal so more people can attend.

monkey, in regards to your dress, that should be absolutely fine.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Little Lenny

Thank you for the explanation! I have just the thing!
Conventions:
Anime LA 5, 2009- Orihime, Misa Misa, Envy, Jun
Fanime 2009- Youji, Jun, Relena
Anime Expo 2009- Marryweather, Envy, Jun, T-Chan. (I'll be so hot the first day, I won't be able to move the next 3 unless I wear cool things....)

hello_kitty_boy

-Note, if you do not want to hear a sob story of mine... nad be so kind to answer my question... just skip to the paragraph that starts with "This year"
Well i have kinda since 2006 (my first year) wanted to go to the Black and White Ball... so here are my "problems"  if you will call it that... for not having gone in the past;
-year 1- my gf was not up to going...
-year 2- i was not in a relationship and was struggling with my sexuality(blah sob story booo hoooo :'()

This year one of my best friends asked me to go... now i am gay and at Anime Conventions i cross-play. and my question is... Does the Black and White Ball accept cross cros-players? Because I am going in formal ware, I have a black dress, black and white stripe stockings and black heels... all very formal... I just wanted to know if they will mind gender benders or not... if not i will be sad  :'(
It\'s All A Matter Of Time Before I Go Crazy... Oh Wait... XD

Steve.Young

To my knowledge, they shouldn't. As long as you meet the dress codes.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

SOawesomeness

Hehe, I remember dancing with a cross-player. Good times, good times...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

thedigitalkuri

WOOT! So gonna be there. It's an opportunity to wear my GIANT FLOOR LENGTH BLACK AND PINK DRESS.

It'll be good times. Hopefully there's enough space for everyone. I also agree with the staggering of lessons. Hopefully (once the threads open up) I'm going to be in the Artist Alley for most of the time, so I've got to be able to find time to break away for the event. <3 :)
I'm an artist who loves the anime. Hopefully I'll be there to chat with you all in artist alley this year!

Oniko

Well technically I'll be going as a guy whos going as a girl to the ball....  I might buy a mask XD
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

boots01

you better be there oniko or i'll be sad.  hello_kitty_boy, cross-play is fine so long as the outfit is formal.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Oniko

course, I already have my badge and hotel
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

nougami.noodle

Are you guys sure you even need to worry about more people being able to attend? Last time the line was huuuge and it was packed inside as well. I'd say keep the dress code moderately stricts, it's more fun that way

GA-san

I have a question. When do you think the B&W Ball will be held. Last year it was held on Sunday. Will it be on Sunday this year as well?
"No matter where you go, there you are."
-Buckaroo Banzai