Black And White Ball 2009! Updated 3/14/09 (Location Announced!)

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 04:56:09 AM

boots01

the masquerade is on saturday because we are having an-cafe coming to the con and they will be performing on sunday.  the ball, so as not to conflict with the masquerade, will be sunday.  the masquerade page and posts are in the process of being updated.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Nina Star 9

The masquerade is on Saturday? How will this work? o___o;;

Well, okay, at least the ball isn't Friday when I'm not there. :D

OniCourseMusha

This is big news and I have to remind my friends now.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

waselreins

I think I might've missed this info completely even though I've scanned through the thread. Do we know what time the ball is going to start on Saturday night?

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: waselreins on March 09, 2008, 01:16:17 PM
I think I might've missed this info completely even though I've scanned through the thread. Do we know what time the ball is going to start on Saturday night?
I've been told it is at 7pm on Sunday night. That's the last I heard anyways...>.>...
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Lonelykangta

hmmm this will be my 2nd time going but i missed the ball last year, any way look foward to it and also im going to go as Count D and would a black and white chinese dress be acceptable for a guy >> (if so, off to moms to make another one T_t)
Forever lonely

waselreins

MidnightRosebud: Thank you =D.

Lonelykangta:
I think it should be fine for you to dress up as Count D. He wears pretty dresses anyway, doesn't he?

hellangel

Quote from: waselreins on March 09, 2008, 01:16:17 PM

The Ball is on SUNDAY from 7 PM - 10 PM.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Mizuki

If there is one song that has to happen, is probably one of the greatest ending songs of anime. "Yuria.. Eien ni" The first ending of Hokuto no Ken.

Mister_E

I just put in a request to have Dancing with myself by Billy Idol to be played at the Ball.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Mister_E on March 15, 2008, 11:45:34 PM
I just put in a request to have Dancing with myself by Billy Idol to be played at the Ball.

If this song actually gets played will you be dancing with yourself?

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

IamTetsuo

Quote from: Mister_E on March 15, 2008, 11:45:34 PM

Uh, you do realize this is a ball not a dance, right?  Even though it did devolve in to a dance last year, I do believe the intent was for this to be a formal ball.

Mister_E

Well to let you all know when I put in that request I think *not 100% sure* that is was allowed.

Truten

What about a Badtz-Maru costume with a coat? :P

Avairrianna

ok, so now when are the dance lessons going to be then? @_@ *confused because of change of date*
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

ToshiX

Aoi Might Be Going Myself Or Try To Find A Date At The Con
XPPP
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Eri Kagami

I think the best way to counteract with capacity issues is to enforce the dress code. It worked for Anime Central's ballroom dance.

ToshiX

Might Not Make It If An Cafe' Concert At The Same Time ><
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Working on my costume as we speak. I'm so looking forward to this. I had a blast last year, and it made me all the more excited for this year's ball. The few things that kinda sucked was poor ventilation (couldn't be helped to a degree) and I had to leave early because I was a finalist in the karaoke contest. *shrug* We'll see what happens this year!

Don't know if I'll have a mask like last year, but I'm still with the black and white theme. Yays, so excited, especially since it won't interfere with the Masq. That would've been awful.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.