Black And White Ball 2009! Updated 3/14/09 (Location Announced!)

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 04:56:09 AM

XpHoBiaX

I love dancing to waltz...I am just a novice but I love it and hope I can do it this year.

MonkeyRikku

I'd like to say that just because a song says 'waltz' in the name, it doesn't mean it's a waltz. Also, the song 'Blue' by Effiel whatever the heck, is a good song for the Chacha and Single Lindy Swing. Shindemo Boogie Woogie by Miyavi is a good song for the Swing too, if a little fast. Le Tango de Roxanne from Moulin Rouge is a good tango song and it's fairly slow.

But I do have a question about which waltz is being taught, the progressive or the box step?
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

boots01

we will have the lesson info posted soon, but for now, those dances that will be taught will cover the basics.  we will have to see about more advanced stuff.  it might happen if there's time.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

luckyends

just a question would a black and white yukata be apropriate its like black on the left and white on the right just curiosue
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Rei-Rei

Quote from: luckyends on April 04, 2008, 07:27:58 PM
just a question would a black and white yukata be apropriate its like black on the left and white on the right just curiosue
I would think it would be okay since it's a cosplay right?
Not to mention if it's a yukata/kimono..... It is somewhat formal...

boots01

Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 05, 2008, 03:00:56 AM
i concur
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

luckyends

Quote from: boots01 on April 05, 2008, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 05, 2008, 03:00:56 AM
i concur
ok cool cause even though i have tuxedo mask costume that might just be more comfortable and alot less hot ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

GS Dragono

Would dress pants and a dress shirt be fine for females? I absolutly despise dresses, skirts, and the like and have never worn one by choice. The only time I have is when my grandmother forced me into them when I was five, and I'd rather not repeat that experience >>;

boots01

as long as you fall within the guidelines for either the gentlemen or ladies or cosplayers, you should be fine.  i do believe that was mentioned in the guidelines.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Agate

Quote from: Raedyn on October 26, 2007, 06:23:51 PM
I didn't make it to the ball or the ballroom lessons this year, but I request Waltz for the Moon from Final Fantasy VIII, please.  If that wasn't on last year's songlist, I'm surprised and disappointed.  ;D

The dress code is a good idea, but I think very light and very dark colored costumes should be allowed, for flexibility.  Also, separating lessons into beginning, intermediate, and advanced would be great--I already know how to waltz, and it would be a bit pointless to learn the box step again.

I agree, that was a great song to waltz to..hopefully I will be able to attend the lessons this year..but if not..no biggie..there is always the next.
"Fate can only be determined by ones potential."

FANIME 2007 PICS
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/agate86/Fanime%202007/
Password = Fanime

Devi 1313

Out of curiosity I know the theme is black and white but what about a bright red dress? I have a red leopard print dress that is honestly the most comfortable of all my formal dresses (and not to mention perfect for a gussied up Judy Nails). Aside from the color it fits all the other regulations, will it be ok?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Nana on April 17, 2008, 08:04:47 PM
Out of curiosity I know the theme is black and white but what about a bright red dress? I have a red leopard print dress that is honestly the most comfortable of all my formal dresses (and not to mention perfect for a gussied up Judy Nails). Aside from the color it fits all the other regulations, will it be ok?

The theme is black and white, yes, but as long as it's formal or semi-formal, the color shouldn't matter. So if you want to show up in that, go right ahead and have fun :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Dragon Ninja

I'll be coming, I got a nice dress shirt and pants to wear.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Dragon Ninja

Are ties and jackets optional just so long as you wear nice dress clothes?

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

boots01

jackets and ties are optional, but they are encouraged.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

*rei*

Guys, girls love men in fine dress clothes, complete with coat and tie, if your outfit lets you. Girls love a sharp-dressed, suave-looking man.   ;)
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

LightandDarkSoul

Oh I want to request a song! I request for "Still Doll" by Kanon Wakeshima. It's a new song and it shows in the new anime Vampire Knight as the ending.

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rkqcx6KfAA

VK Ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMbGIdc4wo&feature=related

I think this would fit the Black and White theme on the creepiness level of the song(Watch VK ending). It's a song that you could probably waltz to.

JiiiWiz

Hm, I'm going to go to this ^_^ In my chii butterfly dress(Chobits) if Eugene approves it. If I can not go in that, I'm just going in Akito in a wedding dress(Air Gear). Oh and does anyone mind if I request a song as well? I was wondering if they can play "Be your Girl" by Chieko Kawabe. It's the ending song from Elfen Lied. :3
"Please don't.."

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Yuu

Quote from: Raedyn on October 26, 2007, 06:23:51 PM
I didn't make it to the ball or the ballroom lessons this year, but I request Waltz for the Moon from Final Fantasy VIII, please.  If that wasn't on last year's songlist, I'm surprised and disappointed.  ;D

I'm not.

I once said " If a couple reenacts the waltz seen form FF8 at a ball I'm going to walk over there and slap them both.  Yea, it was kind of cute the flirts time, but I have seen it at EVERY con dance I have been to.

I've been to...17 cons. Two dances a night..+ the waltz. Thats...ah I lost count, A LOT.

" Please, PLEASE let it die, or I may just have to create an 'every time you recreant the watlz scene from FF8 god kills a kitten" - advertisement.

On that note, do you we know yet, if people will be able to come in after the dance starts? A friend of mine wants to play in the chess game which ends right at seven but he has to change.