Black And White Ball 2008 Updated 4/21

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 05:04:53 AM

Mister_E

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 24, 2008, 11:17:41 PM
okay i should put this on my notes for discussion on "what i want from fanime"...

there are three things that bothers me....
1) there are some anime shows i recall that has formal uniforms, do they count? (i rememebr code gease was one of them, and theres this GUY from gundam seed, who wears a mask but I DON"T wANT TO BE HIM!). somehow the uniforms i look at makes them feel more...mature and Enchanting (in my words)..

2)Idon't want to admit this but It feels like its required to have a girlfriend..I wanan participate this, but I would feel really left out.....I guess what im trying to say is uhm...never mind....

3) .   .   .

Though it's a Black and Whitle Ball, I don't thing formal is a must a I got in with just my costume though I am going to dawn a tie just for that event, and if you can't find a date no problem if you have a outfit formal or withwise that rocks then the ladies will come to you, a lot of women wanted to dance with me, well lets just say the Laughing Man more than me, but still it feels just as good
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

caskaslyrk

hmmm...I was kind of scared when I went into the Black and White ball...It seemed the crowd was a little young for me, but hey what the heck I gave it a try... :o  Mainly saw a bunch of making out scenes...kept me entertained the short while I was actually there....Maybe this year I will do a He Is My Master costume...Black and White of course  hehehehe

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: caskaslyrk on January 25, 2008, 07:06:33 PM
hmmm...I was kind of scared when I went into the Black and White ball...It seemed the crowd was a little young for me, but hey what the heck I gave it a try... :o  Mainly saw a bunch of making out scenes...kept me entertained the short while I was actually there....Maybe this year I will do a He Is My Master costume...Black and White of course  hehehehe

I SOO LOVE HE IS MY MASTER TT!!!>.
the only option for me to cosplay in formal as of now....is Frederick Chopin.
I know alot of people don't know who he is, but he looks the most formal i can think of to go to the black and white ball....

Frederick Chopin

really love his baton because it looks like a fencing sword with NO guard XD!!!!

mangalover0410

Quote from: Tur713 on January 14, 2008, 12:55:58 PM
I had fun with the ball. The crash courses were appreciated. They were fun and pretty easy to pick up. I'm looking forward to going again and I'll probably wear my Tuxedo Mask costume like last time. It fits all qualifiers! :D

XD If you go as Tuxedo Mask, you will have one of my friends going up and changing your name to "Lantis" (from Magic Knights Rayearth II), then making you dance with her. XD
Life is pain highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
-The Princess Bride

Lyniarel

ya...that's me ^^;; THANKS! XD lawl but yes, it's all in good fun. ^^
magic knights and ninjas? we rule!

Oathkeeper

Question...
Do you think that Rinoa's dress from the SeeD ball will be acceptable? I will be making the hem a little longer....but...I was still curious.

(will post a picture soon, when i find a good one...until then....(a clip of the scene) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfH3r780So )
fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oathkeeper on January 29, 2008, 09:59:42 PM
Question...
Do you think that Rinoa's dress from the SeeD ball will be acceptable? I will be making the hem a little longer....but...I was still curious.

(will post a picture soon, when i find a good one...until then....(a clip of the scene) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfH3r780So )
yeah it's acceptable. My friend Kyra wore hers while being my "date" for the ball. It was fun. I can't wait to attend again. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

caskaslyrk

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 29, 2008, 11:10:17 PM
Question...

yeah it's acceptable. My friend Kyra wore hers while being my "date" for the ball. It was fun. I can't wait to attend again. :3

ayyye you need a date?!?! :o NOOOOOOO!  lol...I guess I will have to find someone to be my master that night...lol

Hey that would kind of be a good idea to rent a date for the night, I am sure if someone held a sign outside for a "date for hire" for $10/hr...someone would definately take the offer  ???  hmmmmmm

OniCourseMusha

I have a gf to bring along to the ball.  But since I am taking a Ballroom class at my city college, I'll be nice and you're welcome to ask me to dance wit me and I can teach you some basic stuff (she told me she wouldn't mind).

Just find the guy who looks like Brainage, hehe!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: caskaslyrk on January 30, 2008, 06:12:59 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 29, 2008, 11:10:17 PM
Question...

ayyye you need a date?!?! :o NOOOOOOO!  lol...I guess I will have to find someone to be my master that night...lol

Hey that would kind of be a good idea to rent a date for the night, I am sure if someone held a sign outside for a "date for hire" for $10/hr...someone would definately take the offer  ???  hmmmmmm

LOL, I just sent you a PM, asking you just that. so, I'll be "date" lol ;p
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

sunrise-oasis

OMFG your NOT A SLAVE >_<!!!!!!!! and that would be considered to be very wrong >_<!!!!!! Just try to find someone to partner up with for fun XD!!!!!!!!!

Nina Star 9

A proper "date" is not needed by any means. Last year, I went by myself and stayed the entire time, just dancing with random people and hanging out. I probably had the best time I've ever had at Fanime, and I went alone. :D

Squeeky_Moonkin

I hope this black and white dance is better than the one at ACEN 2007. Was'nt too pleased with the music selection and lack of folks actually...well , DANCIN on the floor. Not sure what to wear either. It would be fun to do a formal cosplay, but then again I'm not quite sure how much more clothing/cosplay outfits can I really squeeze neatly into my luggage(flying in from Utah). Anyone out there have some formal suggestions for a gal size 14? I know I am not petit and I rather wear something more suited for my figure. No since in looking like a stuffed pig in a blanket @_@. I have the whole mask thing taken care of if I decide to wear one. Bought  beautiful mask at a costume shop a few years back. I also have the whole date thing covered, or so I think. That is unless my friends become super popular on the floor.

caskaslyrk

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on January 31, 2008, 03:09:39 PM
I hope this black and white dance is better than the one at ACEN 2007. Was'nt too pleased with the music selection and lack of folks actually...well , DANCIN on the floor. Not sure what to wear either. It would be fun to do a formal cosplay, but then again I'm not quite sure how much more clothing/cosplay outfits can I really squeeze neatly into my luggage(flying in from Utah). Anyone out there have some formal suggestions for a gal size 14? I know I am not petit and I rather wear something more suited for my figure. No since in looking like a stuffed pig in a blanket @_@. I have the whole mask thing taken care of if I decide to wear one. Bought  beautiful mask at a costume shop a few years back. I also have the whole date thing covered, or so I think. That is unless my friends become super popular on the floor.

I am not sure of a certain cosplay...but a rockabilly dress...meaning like a 40/ 50's style dress would be flattering.  They are usually tight fitting but in all the "right" places.   Just a suggestion....And yes you can pull off a tight dress without looking like a "pig in a blanket"  I think people will look more stuffed into an outfit if they try to wear clothing that is too baggy.  Something sexy and probably knee length like a pencil skirt would definately be cute as well.  Just make sure it is a great fit...I have friends who are size 7's but try to fit into size 5 pants and you see that roll hanging, eventhough they are thin...same applies to my friend who are size 16+.  As long as the item fits you then you will look great ;D  Hope that helps and didn't scare you...hahahah :-\

boots01

i will have suggestions for attire up on the website shortly.  i've got a few people to run some things by and then i think it's golden
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on January 31, 2008, 03:09:39 PM

Tanks, i'll look into that. I so know what youre talking about thin girls wearing too small of clothes. I call it the cupcake roll, lol. Its sad that they have a great figure and make themselves look bad @_@.

caskaslyrk

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 30, 2008, 11:43:30 PM
OMFG your NOT A SLAVE >_<!!!!!!!! and that would be considered to be very wrong >_<!!!!!! Just try to find someone to partner up with for fun XD!!!!!!!!!

I know I am not a slave (literally)  :P  lol..I am doing a He Is My Master cosplay for the BW ball...lol...so yes technically I would need a master...lol...it's a shame there is not many anime/manga characters who are "ethnic"...I guess I will bring the ethnicity and "curves" to the He is my master cosplayers..lol

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: caskaslyrk on February 02, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

I know I am not a slave (literally)  :P  lol..I am doing a He Is My Master cosplay for the BW ball...lol...so yes technically I would need a master...lol...it's a shame there is not many anime/manga characters who are "ethnic"...I guess I will bring the ethnicity and "curves" to the He is my master cosplayers..lol

which character are you going to cosplay as???  anna?, izumi, mitsuki, takami?, ......the crocodile * giving guesses (still love izumi the most XD......)

Mizuki

caskaslyrk

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 03, 2008, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: caskaslyrk on February 02, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

I am going to cosplay as Izumi...but I don't know how good a short wig will look on me...lol...so I am still debating...lol

which character are you going to cosplay as???  anna?, izumi, mitsuki, takami?, ......the crocodile * giving guesses (still love izumi the most XD......)