Black And White Ball 2008 Updated 4/21

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 05:04:53 AM

Miyu

I can't wait til the ball...hey I have a request for a song to be played there...the Last Waltz  by the Ramus

what's your opinions??
....A loser is always a hero in disguise....

sunrise-oasis

Kawaii i soo wanna glomp you T_T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: caskaslyrk on February 03, 2008, 05:44:51 PM
Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 03, 2008, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: caskaslyrk on February 02, 2008, 01:18:01 PM
Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 30, 2008, 11:43:30 PM
OMFG your NOT A SLAVE >_<!!!!!!!! and that would be considered to be very wrong >_<!!!!!! Just try to find someone to partner up with for fun XD!!!!!!!!!

I am going to cosplay as Izumi...but I don't know how good a short wig will look on me...lol...so I am still debating...lol

I know I am not a slave (literally)  :P  lol..I am doing a He Is My Master cosplay for the BW ball...lol...so yes technically I would need a master...lol...it's a shame there is not many anime/manga characters who are "ethnic"...I guess I will bring the ethnicity and "curves" to the He is my master cosplayers..lol

which character are you going to cosplay as???  anna?, izumi, mitsuki, takami?, ......the crocodile * giving guesses (still love izumi the most XD......)

Mizuki

I'd like to see if the DJ can play "Yuria...eien ni" by Crystal King (The first ED of Hokuto no Ken) when the slow dancing part comes along.

boots01

if you can email it to [email protected] it might make it into the mix
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

magickalfantasy

Does it have to be Japanese? If not, then I'd like I Do (Cherish You) and You are my Everything by 98 Degrees.

Also, I wasn't at Fanime last year, so I was hoping (if you don't already teach it) that you could do lessons for the Tango. That's sounds like it would be fun to learn and dance to.

If you do teach that dance, then I believe a good song to go with it would be Objection by Shakira, Bailamos by Enrique Inglesias (actually, that song would probably go better with a different dance...), all I really know about the tango is that it's a 4 step dance, generally, so I'm just mentioning songs that have a 4 step beat to it. If I'm just talking nonsense, that works too. But these are three songs that I would like to hear at the ball.

I sent you an e-mail with the mp3 and song names/artists.

ruby19_4

I really love to go. But what is the dress code. Please tell me. Um... i hope there are some hip hop music. I dont know how to do slow dance or anything. Im also single, so I will be there myself. Well um... what is the dress code going to be? Please let me know. Thx.

ruby19_4

mmm.... i wont be staying long. Cant someone email me and tell me about it. Thank you so much. Its [email protected]

Thx.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: ruby19_4 on February 16, 2008, 01:37:56 PM
I really love to go. But what is the dress code. Please tell me. Um... i hope there are some hip hop music. I dont know how to do slow dance or anything. Im also single, so I will be there myself. Well um... what is the dress code going to be? Please let me know. Thx.

This is a classical ball, so no there probably won't be any hip hop music at the ball (for that type of music you're looking for the Fanime Rave Dance). 

There should be a class offered to learn the basic dance steps.  That was how I met my dance partner for the night last year.  The classes were very helpful too, even for someone like me who has two left feet (my partner was a much better dancer than me so that helped too :D )

boots01

the dress code should be up in the next week or so.  just putting the finishing touches on it.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

misosoupaddict

Question on dress length! My sister's cosplay is a short dress, but it also has another piece of floor-length fabric covering the sides and back. Is it ok?

Also, am i right in that nice women's boots count as high heels?
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

gackt_2003

on the page it says this is on sunday at 7pm.
is that final?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: misosoupaddict on February 19, 2008, 06:02:07 PM
Question on dress length! My sister's cosplay is a short dress, but it also has another piece of floor-length fabric covering the sides and back. Is it ok?

Also, am i right in that nice women's boots count as high heels?

yeah they count.
Quote from: gackt_2003 on March 17, 2008, 02:44:47 PM
on the page it says this is on sunday at 7pm.
is that final?

Yeah it is final.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Shinsengumi

I'll think about showing up it depends on my girlfriend if she wants to check it out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Miyu

ok....I have read in different places about different facts about this Ball.
Could someone please tell me concrete info about the:
date
time (beginning to end)
thankx
....A loser is always a hero in disguise....

Rei-Rei

Date: Sunday.
Time: I think around 7.. And I've heard it gone way past midnight but I'm not quite sure.
Location: I've heard it was at the convention center itself, or maybe the building infront of it, but I haven't seen it anywhere officially.
And the rules of the general convention apply to the Black And white ball. There's a dress code too.
Other than that... Yeah.
That's all I know about the ball.

Feel free to correct me.

boots01

the info about the ball is on the website under the events section.  i should have the lesson info up in the next coupple of days.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Just wondering... Is it MANDATORY that you go to the lessons? I'd love to attend but the lessons part sounds boring... =\

Rei-Rei

It's not Mandatory. You can still go to the ball without going to lessons.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Devi 1313

Last year the ball was held on site. It was in a room on the Marriott side of the convention center.

As someone that doesn't know "classical" dances I'd recommend the lessons. I felt pretty lame when all these guys asked me to dance and most of them knew what they were doing and I was stumbling around.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313