Hey Dj Play That Song...

Started by Chace, October 25, 2007, 02:21:12 PM

With a second room DJing Music, what genre would you like to hear?

Rap
9 (13.4%)
Alternative
4 (6%)
Techno/Rave
30 (44.8%)
80's/90's Old Favs
20 (29.9%)
Other (please respond on post)
4 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Chace

There is a possibility that we can set up 2 rooms to DJ music throughout the nights. If you are interested in this please voice your opinions as well as music that you would want. I may DJ the second room or help in the Trance and Techno room. So please let me know. We will need to have help with setting up and using the audio and speakers from Fanime for this second room but I will supply the music so please let me and the other possible DJ's what you want so that no-one is left out and standing in line in the hall missing out on the fun.

Emerge

i'd love to hear some hip hop for all the good 'lil b-boys and 'lil b-girls to break it down to. i remember seeing a couple breakers last year fixing cyphers up for themselves, but i think it'd be cool if breakers got a little jam session in one of the rooms

JNoel1234

The rave this year played some really lame music. The best place to get royalty free, legal music that is actually good is on the Newgrounds audio portal. I recommend the artists, Bounc3, DJ-Nate, Cornandbeans, Andrew-Parker, Flashburn, tF-ownedyou, MilkMan-Dan, API, Bosa, and there's tons more.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

zoupzuop2

Eurobeat plzkthx. Then I might even come to it.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: JNoel1234 on October 30, 2007, 06:23:41 PM
The rave this year played some really lame music. The best place to get royalty free, legal music that is actually good is on the Newgrounds audio portal. I recommend the artists, Bounc3, DJ-Nate, Cornandbeans, Andrew-Parker, Flashburn, tF-ownedyou, MilkMan-Dan, API, Bosa, and there's tons more.
You got to understand that most people want listens to mainstream music and it may vary.  Sounds like a good choice of artist from newgrounds audio portal but my main concern is will most people like it or recognize it?  I'm not here to debate here or anything.  Just letting u know.

I think it sounds cool to have to different room for different genres if possible and looking forward to it.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

I would like to hear some old school 80's or early 90's, and some freestyle from 80's.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Chace

Great, im glad those that are posting are giving some really good ideas. Remember if you want this new room to be the best to date, it is up to you and no one else. So lets get some more responses.

chanocular

Quote from: Chace on November 02, 2007, 10:53:21 AM
Great, im glad those that are posting are giving some really good ideas. Remember if you want this new room to be the best to date, it is up to you and no one else. So lets get some more responses.

If new room = no lines to the dance. then here is my response.  :)

BrightHeart76

There's already a room for Rave, so honestly I don't think there should be 2 rave rooms.  Variety would be really good.  I'd vote for 80's and 90's personally there's some really good music in there that is fun to listen and dance to.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

chanocular

wait...i dont want two rave rooms  :-\

BrightHeart76

Sorry I read the top wrong.  My fault completely.  But isn't one of the voting options for "Techno/Rave"?  I'm confused.  ???

Sorry for the confusion.

I still vote for 80's and 90's. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

chanocular

when you say 80's is that like flock of seagulls and similiar music? I like anything you can dance too...

And um, i think we are voting for what kind of music we'd prefer to have at the dance, right? im confused too  ???

alkaline

The main dance is no doubt going to be nothing but animu music and electronica.

We NEED an 80's/90's room. We need it more than little Johnny Q needed a heart.

OniCourseMusha

u know 80s/90s sounds not a bad idea!!  I'm looking forward to some Planet Rock and Rapper Delight music for me to breakdance to.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Emerge

Quote from: alkaline on November 06, 2007, 11:43:15 PM
The main dance is no doubt going to be nothing but animu music and electronica.

We NEED an 80's/90's room. We need it more than little Johnny Q needed a heart.

second.

Yukari Kaiba

i also second the notion of having an 80s/90s room ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

misosoupaddict

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on November 02, 2007, 03:25:17 AM
You got to understand that most people want listens to mainstream music and it may vary.  Sounds like a good choice of artist from newgrounds audio portal but my main concern is will most people like it or recognize it?  I'm not here to debate here or anything.  Just letting u know.

I think it sounds cool to have to different room for different genres if possible and looking forward to it.

A lot of people don't care whether they recognize a song or not, just as long as it's GOOD. Then they can say, "What was that really great song that just played?" instead of, "I'm tired of hearing the same crappy music!"
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

darkknightcecil

anykind of music will do
can i help out wiht u guys
with the two rooms?
o_o

Braveheart

I 'd love to see a 80's and 90's Post Punk / New Wave / Goth room. eg. Depeche Mode, Nosferatu, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Mephisto Walz, Corpus Delicti, Alien Sex Fiend, etc.

I'd also like to hear more Happy Hardcore / Trance / Darkcore played in the Rave.
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines