Wii gaming?

Started by otakuya, October 25, 2007, 04:30:31 PM

otakuya

Any chance that there will be space (and interest) for Wii gaming in e-gaming? I know that Smash Bros Brawl is a possibility (if it doesn't get delayed again), but how about multiplayer/party games like Wii Sports, Mario Party, Wario Ware, etc...?

There's also Virtual Console/Old School gaming and DS Demo Download Channel (coming soon).

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Quote from: Otakuya on October 25, 2007, 04:30:31 PM
Any chance that there will be space (and interest) for Wii gaming in e-gaming? I know that Smash Bros Brawl is a possibility (if it doesn't get delayed again), but how about multiplayer/party games like Wii Sports, Mario Party, Wario Ware, etc...?

There's also Virtual Console/Old School gaming and DS Demo Download Channel (coming soon).

It's such a cool coinkidink that SSBB is coming out on MY birthday, how awsome is that?

anyways... back on topic.
classic gaming section? sounds neat, though I did think of that earlier but not many people have replies about it ;_;

narutofan17

I'm down with that. Wii rules baby!!!!!!
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Sunara Ishi

I also think this would be fun to have in e-gaming as long as people don't hog the system.
And in the case of Mario Party, limit it to no more than 10 turns... It would probably be best to go with games with good turn around so people aren't waiting forever for their turn or getting gypped on time...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on October 31, 2007, 12:39:15 AMAnd in the case of Mario Party, limit it to no more than 10 turns...

IIRC, Mario Party's minimum is 15? I'll have to double-check when I get home, but I'm almost positive that Mario Party doesn't allow you to set any lower than 15.
epic progressive

vox

Emerge

at the risk of sounding pessimistic, i think wiimote security may be a major issue when it comes to that

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Emerge on November 07, 2007, 07:31:22 PM
at the risk of sounding pessimistic, i think wiimote security may be a major issue when it comes to that
yea, that i think is going to be a big problem if there are wii units for play.

There is a possibility of having PS3 and 360 units in the arcade next year, mostly due to the fact that both have controller versions that are tethered by cords, therefore preventing the theft of them; the wii does not have that option.

Unless the Wii games that are available for play are games that can also be played by Gamecube controllers, then the loss of Wiimotes seems likely.

I'll bring my console to fanime, but i dont think i'll loan it out; probably just bring a portable tv and play with friends in the hallway, preferrably near the wifi area.....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Chloe

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2007, 07:39:44 PM
yea, that i think is going to be a big problem if there are wii units for play.

There is a possibility of having PS3 and 360 units in the arcade next year, mostly due to the fact that both have controller versions that are tethered by cords, therefore preventing the theft of them; the wii does not have that option.

Unless the Wii games that are available for play are games that can also be played by Gamecube controllers, then the loss of Wiimotes seems likely.

I'll bring my console to fanime, but i dont think i'll loan it out; probably just bring a portable tv and play with friends in the hallway, preferrably near the wifi area.....

Yeah, definitely with the Wiimotes.  Well, what they could do is have someone watch over it to make sure no one jacks it, like what they have at the malls. Although, to do something like that seems rather troublesome and not safety-efficient.  But, that seems to be the only way to really monitor it... GameStop make you turn over some sort of ID to use their Wii to play demos, right? For that idea, I think it's going to be harder to upkeep... Huh. 

But, having a Wii to play with next year would totally attract con goers to play in the Gaming room.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Shinsengumi

You guys should be bring Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Cole

If someone brings Pokemon Battle revolution then the person who owns the wii can set up the system and the tourney players will just use they're DS wireless.  That would solve it one way. 

You could also set up a security system for the wii-motes, block off the area surrounding the players etc.

sonyatheunicorn

You could do what gamestop does

take a personal belonging in exchange for the wii remote and when they are done play/lose or whatever

they get it back

Ryumon Hozukimaru

I think we should have Bleach: shattered blade and SSMB next year. The Idea of giving up a personal item to play the wii is a good idea.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy

Raydere

I'd like to see SSBB (of course) and Mario Strikers Charged.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

asuka245

Well i know we will have the Wii for Fanime Use this year.
well we will have alot of fun games for it like smash brothers brawl,Resident Evil Chronicles and many other cool wii games,
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09