Badge Pick up

Started by EHS, October 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Avairrianna

ok, so there's no official time of Badge pick-up on Thursday yet?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Avairrianna on March 21, 2008, 11:16:52 AM
ok, so there's no official time of Badge pick-up on Thursday yet?
It'll be announced in a month or so. :3
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Avairrianna

ok thanks! I just need to know what time I need to leave Bakersfield in order to make it in 5 hours to Reg on Thursday!

Of course...If I miss it I can always spend the night in front of the line for the next morning and be first/close to first getting it then lol!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Barnes

QuoteOf course...If I miss it I can always spend the night in front of the line for the next morning and be first/close to first getting it then lol!

I don't think spending the night IN the line is allowed, if you mean by sleeping on the convention floor.
I think I've already asked, but for the Thursday Pre-Reg line itself, where is it supposed to start anyway? Last year I had it started one way, but the whole thing had to be moved to another area (safety reasons).
I'm guessing the line should start where it ended up?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mew

Quote from: Avairrianna on March 21, 2008, 12:56:25 PM
ok thanks! I just need to know what time I need to leave Bakersfield in order to make it in 5 hours to Reg on Thursday!

Of course...If I miss it I can always spend the night in front of the line for the next morning and be first/close to first getting it then lol!
This isn't a general admission concert or anything. .^^;; Even without camping out, you'll get your badge in a timely manner so don't worry.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Steve.Young

Quote from: GokuMew2 on March 21, 2008, 03:31:26 PM

This isn't a general admission concert or anything. .^^;; Even without camping out, you'll get your badge in a timely manner so don't worry.

Did you see the non pre-reg line last year on saturday =p? Sheesh felt like a general admission concert to me!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Steve.Young on March 21, 2008, 11:52:15 PM

Did you see the non pre-reg line last year on saturday =p? Sheesh felt like a general admission concert to me!
yea......that was Saturday, not Thursday. lets hope lesson was learned.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 21, 2008, 11:55:28 PM

yea......that was Saturday, not Thursday. lets hope lesson was learned.

XD That's why Pre-reg is best to get and getting the badge on Thursday. Last year, I tried to register at the door, but I knew it was Saturday so luckily, I had a friend there who's already in line and was able to get me register all weekend without standing in line for hours! ^^;

Mew

But since this person wanted to come up to get their badge on Thursday, I assumed they pre-regged or at least early regged?? And therefore they wouldn't have to line up so early to get their badge in a timely manner and can avoid the at-con reg crowd.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

KyraEnsui

From what I remember that Thursday is reserved for people who already Pre-reg and that it's usually in the evening until 10pm or so.

Chihiro

I can bring my passport, but the picture is outdated. YEARS outdated. And I'm too lazy to get another taken. Can I use a school picture? My ID card had a sticker on the face and I tried to peel it off.. Then.. Well, it turned out horrible, making my ugly picture even worse. Dx
Tomorrow (@time of post) is school picture day, so I'll be able to get a better picture.

Basically -> Can I use a school picture with my passport since my passport picture is outdated?
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

FanFicGuru

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on April 09, 2008, 09:55:53 PM
I can bring my passport, but the picture is outdated. YEARS outdated. And I'm too lazy to get another taken. Can I use a school picture? My ID card had a sticker on the face and I tried to peel it off.. Then.. Well, it turned out horrible, making my ugly picture even worse. Dx
Tomorrow (@time of post) is school picture day, so I'll be able to get a better picture.

Basically -> Can I use a school picture with my passport since my passport picture is outdated?

As long as the PASSPORT isn't expired you'll be fine. If your passport is expired you'll need to renew it, as all government ID needs to be valid (AKA up to date)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Chihiro

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 09, 2008, 11:25:32 PM

As long as the PASSPORT isn't expired you'll be fine. If your passport is expired you'll need to renew it, as all government ID needs to be valid (AKA up to date)
If my passport isn't expired, do I still have to bring a picture?

Chewie

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on April 10, 2008, 08:00:34 PM

Is it just an old photo on a current passport? Shouldn't be a problem as long as someone can tell it's you I'd imagine. Most important part is it being valid.

FanFicGuru

No. If the passport is valid and good enough for you to travel with, it's plenty good for registration. If the picture needed to be updated then you would have been notified the last time you used it for international travel, or the last time you renewed it. I believe all passports are valid for 10 years, so regardless of whether or not you're 8 in the picture and are 17 now, a recent picture isn't necessary.

At least, that's how I see it.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Chihiro

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 11, 2008, 09:14:09 PM

No. If the passport is valid and good enough for you to travel with, it's plenty good for registration. If the picture needed to be updated then you would have been notified the last time you used it for international travel, or the last time you renewed it. I believe all passports are valid for 10 years, so regardless of whether or not you're 8 in the picture and are 17 now, a recent picture isn't necessary.

At least, that's how I see it.
The last time I used it was.. 4 years ago? Maybe 3.. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll bring a picture just in case?
Sorry for the trouble :B

khtosanimelover

I just wanted to clarify, since there are two different statements on the website.

On this page : http://www.fanime.com/reg it states, "Pre-Registration and Early Registration memberships will soon have a Printable Postcard available on your account page.  Please print this out and bring to Pre-Registration when you come to pick up your badge.  In addition to this, Registration staff will randomly check ID during badge pickup at Con.

Please note that it is not impossible to pickup your badge without a government ID, but the process is time consuming and will impact other members' wait in line.
"

But on the Registration FAQ, it says : "I've pre-registered! Where is my badge??
If you have paid in full your badge will be waiting for you at registration at the con. Please be prepared to show a valid government issued photo ID (passport, driver's license, state ID, military ID, etc.) to pick up your badge. A school ID is not an acceptable form of ID.
"

So I'm really freaking out right now because it's turns out that my passport is expired and I don't have a state issued ID, so any word on this would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks for your time! ^^;

BrightHeart76

@khtosanimelover:
Not trying to be mean, just trying to make sure you get good information.  Any questions about official policy should really be addressed to the people in charge via e-mail.  Asking questions like this on a forum where just anyone can answer can lead to heart break if someone answers who isn't completely familiar with the policies.  You can find the e-mail address for registration on under the contact heading on the main page.

Good luck!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

KyraEnsui

Email [registration at fanime dot com].

ewu

fixed..... www.fanime.com/reg would be the best place to check cuz honestly we haven't updated the FAQs :)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom