Badge Pick up

Started by EHS, October 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Chewie

Pockystix had a good idea in another thread.

Barcodes.

Print them up and bring them in, fanime staff scans them and you're good to go.

Moonblossom

Sorry to slightly derail, but will government-issued IDs from other governments be alright? I have my Quebec government issued driver's ID and government healthcare cards, as well as a Canadian passport. These will be more than enough, right?

Last year I was part of a group reg and someone else got my badge for me, so I didn't have go through any of this, but now I'm concerned.

Sen

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 30, 2008, 10:01:34 AM
Sorry to slightly derail, but will government-issued IDs from other governments be alright? I have my Quebec government issued driver's ID and government healthcare cards, as well as a Canadian passport. These will be more than enough, right?

Last year I was part of a group reg and someone else got my badge for me, so I didn't have go through any of this, but now I'm concerned.

Yes, that will be fine.  ;D
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

koella

Regarding passport as identification, would an expired passport be ok?

Moonblossom

Quote from: Sen on January 30, 2008, 02:30:15 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on January 30, 2008, 10:01:34 AM

Yes, that will be fine.  ;D

Thank you :)

ewu

Barcodes are one option we are looking at, but as with any new technology, it takes time to implement. This year, its a grand spanking new reg system.....barcodes maybe in the future we will see.

Quote from: Chewie on January 30, 2008, 03:51:52 AM
Pockystix had a good idea in another thread.

Barcodes.

Print them up and bring them in, fanime staff scans them and you're good to go.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sen

Quote from: koella on January 30, 2008, 03:23:05 PM

An expired one would not work because it is no longer valid. Sorry!
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Chewie

Quote from: Sen on January 31, 2008, 05:42:33 PM

Why?

ewu

There are many issues that we would run into. Agencies update security and identification measures and that is why they have expiration dates. If we took an ID 2 years expired, we would also be obligated to take an ID expired in 1973. Your biological indicators listed on the ID could change over that time period also.

I can go on and on about reasons why we have these policies but in the end these are the rules set by Fanime and we need to hold to them. If you have better solutions, please join our staff and help us make the reg process better. That way you also may better understand the process that our staffers go through to register a member and maybe shed some light on the reasons we do the things we do.

We strive to identify and implement change that will make Fanime better, but these changes must be reasonable and extensively reviewed before we can implement them. Our process comes from years of experience and we hope that the combination of this experience and new ideas will lead to a more efficient and streamlined registration.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

gynophobia

Orz I have a lot of questions...

So I have an ID, but it doesn't have my address because we moved a few months ago and we're going to move in a few months which is why I don't want to get a new ID yet. Will it still work? The address is different, but I'm in the same state and city as the address in my card.

ae86co

Quote from: gynophobia on February 02, 2008, 03:45:06 PM
Orz I have a lot of questions...

So I have an ID, but it doesn't have my address because we moved a few months ago and we're going to move in a few months which is why I don't want to get a new ID yet. Will it still work? The address is different, but I'm in the same state and city as the address in my card.

Is it a CA ID?  For you CA ID, if you put in a change of address you should have the address change card with it filled out with the new address.  If you don't have your new CA by the convention, the CA ID with the change of address card would be sufficient since it is official.  Please make sure it is not expired.  Thank you.
Antonio E.
FanimeCon 2003-2005 Registration Staff
FanimeCon 2006 Registration Second
FanimeCon 2007-2008 Registration Head
FanimeCon 2009 Finance Head

Chewie

Quote from: Chewie on February 01, 2008, 05:22:57 AM
Quote from: Sen on January 31, 2008, 05:42:33 PM

Why?

To Fanime personal, the above post was done while tired and angry and I think was nothing more than me trying to start an argument. My apologies as it's really a dumb question.

>.>;;

Moonblossom

Most government ID cards won't allow someone to steal your identity. They might try to get into a club or something with it, but they won't be able to get your credit info or SIN. It's basically just your name, a photo, and address, same as something like a school ID would have, only it's issued by an officially recognized organization.

jAded

Okay, maybe i'm completely missing this (i don't want to start a new thread if i can help it). I read about having your ID, etc to pick up your pre-reg badge (all good and fine). my question is this, can they be picked up the night before the convention starts? or do we just get there early to pick them up? i can't remember reading the part about actually picking up the badge anywhere (location? time?)

or maybe i'm just blind. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: jAded on February 15, 2008, 10:16:23 AM
Okay, maybe i'm completely missing this (i don't want to start a new thread if i can help it). I read about having your ID, etc to pick up your pre-reg badge (all good and fine). my question is this, can they be picked up the night before the convention starts? or do we just get there early to pick them up? i can't remember reading the part about actually picking up the badge anywhere (location? time?)

or maybe i'm just blind. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last year you could pick up your badge Thursday (I'm sure they'll post times later) and the registration area was on the first floor of the convention center right as you walk in the main entrance.

Chihiro

I'm not allowed to carry around my passport, so is it alright is a bring a photocopy?
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

GokuMew2

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 15, 2008, 09:05:38 PM
I'm not allowed to carry around my passport, so is it alright is a bring a photocopy?
They'll most likely want to see the real thing.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Krnchichiri

Photocopies aren't allowed. Since there are a few months left before the con, that's plenty of time to apply and receive a state-issued I.d.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Chihiro

Quote from: Krnchichiri on February 16, 2008, 11:46:15 AM
Photocopies aren't allowed. Since there are a few months left before the con, that's plenty of time to apply and receive a state-issued I.d.

I asked my sister just WHAT a state issued ID was.. She said a school ID, since those are issued BY the state.. So now I'm really confused. So Just what is a state issued ID?
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Xeluu

A state issued ID looks almost identical to a driver's license, and is purchased for something like $20 from the state of California or where ever it is you're from. I'm not 100% sure where it is that you apply/send in for one, but it's accepted as ID where school IDs aren't. If you're 18, they're not going to accept a school ID for Lotto, Cigarettes, etc.

Does that make sense? I'm kinda outta it today. It's something that's good to have on general principles.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas