Badge Pick up

Started by EHS, October 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Narutotaku

Konychiwa Otaku elite and all sub-species of anime/manga fan(Genshiken),

Do I need to bring only valid "official" I.D. or both "official" I.D. & Pre-registration e-mail conformation ???
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

JohnnyAR

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 18, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
Getting a State ID is pretty simple and cheap. Only thing you would have to dread about is waiting in line at the DMV. (>.>) You will have the California State ID for 6 years.

Say for example if your birthday is a few weeks before Fanime should someone be concered if they had to change their info, because I'll be turning 16 in one or two weeks before the FanimeCon. Which reminds me, if a state issued ID lasts 6 years according to KyraEnsui. Then the ID displays your birthdate not your age? Or...... can somebody just show me what it should look like?

I have another question, but isn't really related to the badge pick up...

Is there a certain date where people who've pre-registered can't change their info? Such as their address? Will it cost money to change that info? Because I'm going to be moving next week so I need to pretty soon.

Xeluu

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 22, 2008, 05:01:20 PM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 18, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
Getting a State ID is pretty simple and cheap. Only thing you would have to dread about is waiting in line at the DMV. (>.>) You will have the California State ID for 6 years.

Say for example if your birthday is a few weeks before Fanime should someone be concered if they had to change their info, because I'll be turning 16 in one or two weeks before the FanimeCon. Which reminds me, if a state issued ID lasts 6 years according to KyraEnsui. Then the ID displays your birthdate not your age? Or...... can somebody just show me what it should look like?

I have another question, but isn't really related to the badge pick up...

Is there a certain date where people who've pre-registered can't change their info? Such as their address? Will it cost money to change that info? Because I'm going to be moving next week so I need to pretty soon.

The state issued ID looks almost identical to a CA driver's license, as for the other question, can't help ya there. ^^;
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

ewu

You will need to bring a state issued ID and the electronic "postcard". We CAN look you up if you only bring an ID, but it will take longer.

There are Reg times but they have NOT been established yet. It will probably be something like 3-evening on thurs and 8-8 on fri, sat, and sun. Mon will be something like 8-12 and 12-afternoon for 2009 pre reg....but these have NOT been established yet.

You don't really need to worry about your birthday if it is so close to con.

We will be printing badges sometime after pre-reg closes on Mar 31. Once they have been printed, you will not be able to change the information on your badge.

Cal ID link: http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#idcard

Any questions can also be directed to registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Narutotaku

Quote from: ewu on February 22, 2008, 06:32:56 PM
You will need to bring a state issued ID and the electronic "postcard". We CAN look you up if you only bring an ID, but it will take longer.

There are Reg times but they have NOT been established yet. It will probably be something like 3-evening on thurs and 8-8 on fri, sat, and sun. Mon will be something like 8-12 and 12-afternoon for 2009 pre reg....but these have NOT been established yet.

You don't really need to worry about your birthday if it is so close to con.

We will be printing badges sometime after pre-reg closes on Mar 31. Once they have been printed, you will not be able to change the information on your badge.

Cal ID link: http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#idcard

Any questions can also be directed to registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Konychiwa Otaku elite and all sub-species of anime/manga fan(Genshiken),

When will I get "the electronic 'postcard'" in the mail ???
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

SOawesomeness

Narutotaku- I think he's talking about your confirmation e-mail you got sent when you pre-registered... either that, or later on near Fanime, there's going to be a massive e-mail thing where you will get something in your e-mail. :3 But yeah. Your confirmation e-mail works as well as your post card, I suppose. (assuming its two different things. )
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JiiiWiz

If you are 15, can you still get a State ID at the DMV?
"Please don't.."

JohnnyAR

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on February 23, 2008, 02:34:32 PM

yeah you can and sorta have too since you won't be let in without a state issued ID, not a school ID, a 15 year old like myself will need to do so.

Ok so this what I got so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

- A offical stated issued is required for those over the age of 13

- Your info that you recived in the email

- Some type of receipt that you recieve thorough email or something?

If I missed anything than please let me know and again if I correct me if I got anything wrong.

JiiiWiz

Oh I see, then I'll get myself one this month or next month. Thanks for answering my question!
"Please don't.."

JohnnyAR

phoenixphire24

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 23, 2008, 07:08:31 PM

yeah you can and sorta have too since you won't be let in without a state issued ID, not a school ID, a 15 year old like myself will need to do so.

If I missed anything than please let me know and again if I correct me if I got anything wrong.

The receipt/e-postcard will be available for you to print out from the Fanime site closer to Fanime. There will be a link from the registration page. At least that's how it was last year.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on February 25, 2008, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 23, 2008, 07:08:31 PM

The receipt/e-postcard will be available for you to print out from the Fanime site closer to Fanime. There will be a link from the registration page. At least that's how it was last year.

Thank you

misosoupaddict

Quote from: ewu on February 17, 2008, 01:53:56 AM
Forms of identification we do not accept are social security cards (no photo or identifying information), birth certificates (no photo), school ID (despite being from a public school, it still is not government issue, there is no identifying information on the ID, and no format that is consistent state-wide), library card (....not a friggen ID), and many other possibilities (credit card, insurance card, barnes and noble card, blood donor card, CA$H).

lol at the "library card" and "CA$H" parts!

Why is there "no identifying information" on school IDs? It certainly has a real name and photo, at least. If those school photos are good and important enough to put on "missing child" posters, surely they can get one into a con.
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

Xeluu

Quote from: misosoupaddict on March 02, 2008, 01:14:56 AM
Forms of identification we do not accept are social security cards (no photo or identifying information), birth certificates (no photo), school ID (despite being from a public school, it still is not government issue, there is no identifying information on the ID, and no format that is consistent state-wide), library card (....not a friggen ID), and many other possibilities (credit card, insurance card, barnes and noble card, blood donor card, CA$H).

Why is there "no identifying information" on school IDs? It certainly has a real name and photo, at least. If those school photos are good and important enough to put on "missing child" posters, surely they can get one into a con.

I'm just saying this from how I see it, but it doesn't contain your birthdate, it doesn't actually say "John Smith is 5'10" with brown eyes and red hair." Etc.

Quote from: Tony on December 30, 2007, 12:05:21 PM
Quote from: GokuMew2 on December 30, 2007, 10:23:45 AM
It's not like the school system is so whack that anyone can impersonate someone else to get an ID.
That's true, but the biggest problem is the sheer number of ID types. If Fanime sticks with government-issued ID only, then there are only a handful of types. Otherwise...

1. People could make a counterfeit school ID. It would be cheap and easy to forge one - at least compared to a government-issued type.

2. We don't even know what a legitimate school ID from _____ looks like. Maybe we could learn what a few look like, but there are too many schools for us to memorize. That's really the biggest problem.

^ Fanime Staff quote from pg 2.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Moonblossom

Especially from people coming from out of the area.

Hell, I'm coming from Canadia, eh? I could slap any old thing together and claim it's some form of standardized ID from here. I know that's not gonna help, so I'm fine with bringing my passport. :)

pochacco

Quote from: Xeluu on March 02, 2008, 04:26:02 AM

I'm just saying this from how I see it, but it doesn't contain your birthdate, it doesn't actually say "John Smith is 5'10" with brown eyes and red hair." Etc.

but MY GOSH...school ID has (well mine has) 1. school name 2. your name 3. grade level 4. YOUR FREAKING SCHOOL ID #(which has been the same as far as i know, since middle school..maybe even elementary..but i have no clue about that) 5. there's a RECENT photo of you (i mean, *gasp* it's even been taken within a year!) 6. mine even has the SCHOOL ADDRESS on the back.
YES, it doesn't have your height (have they ever heard of growth spurts?), YES, it doesn't have your hair color (what about dying your hair), it doesn't have your eye color..but does that really matter when you have a PHOTO of yourself? i mean, really it's a PAIN in the butt to get a state ID. i see no use of spending a good $23 dollars on getting a state ID when i'll probably get my driver's license in a few months after Fanime. So basically the $23 will be added to the $45 entry fee to Fanime amking $65 when i already PRE REGISTERED. *sarcastic* look how much pre registering saved me!

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

redroses3164

Quote from: pochacco on March 06, 2008, 05:59:05 PM
but MY GOSH...school ID has (well mine has) 1. school name 2. your name 3. grade level 4. YOUR FREAKING SCHOOL ID #(which has been the same as far as i know, since middle school..maybe even elementary..but i have no clue about that) 5. there's a RECENT photo of you (i mean, *gasp* it's even been taken within a year!) 6. mine even has the SCHOOL ADDRESS on the back.
YES, it doesn't have your height (have they ever heard of growth spurts?), YES, it doesn't have your hair color (what about dying your hair), it doesn't have your eye color..but does that really matter when you have a PHOTO of yourself? i mean, really it's a PAIN in the butt to get a state ID. i see no use of spending a good $23 dollars on getting a state ID when i'll probably get my driver's license in a few months after Fanime. So basically the $23 will be added to the $45 entry fee to Fanime amking $65 when i already PRE REGISTERED. *sarcastic* look how much pre registering saved me!

That's because school IDs are easy to fake. As previously stated, Fanime staff won't know if you made up the school ID or not. They will have no verification that it is real.

*cough*Two years ago, I just used my school ID just like short_storiesgl and they let me go but hey you never know if the rule changes or Fanime staff becomes stricter.*cough*

short_storiesgl

this is true because they dont really care.

but yeah they say they are going to get more strict.. but

i havent see a change
*sigh* just hope for the best
Dance Staff Second

phoenixphire24

Quote from: pochacco on March 06, 2008, 05:59:05 PM
Quote from: Xeluu on March 02, 2008, 04:26:02 AM

Except that most of the things you have listed are easy to fake and not the sort of information they need. How do a school name, grade level, and school ID number help them? This is not easily verifiable information. There are thousands of people coming to Fanime, and therefore hundreds of potential schools and IDs. Sure it's got a picture, but anyone with photoshop can edit their picture and laminate a card. A state ID has your address (which is part of the information the staff has), a picture, a birth date (also info the staff has), and seals, marks, etc that make it much harder to fake. Plus, all state IDs are the same, so there's no guessing as to where it came from. If you bring another form of ID, you are risking not getting into Fanime. Yes, it costs some extra money, but an ID is nice to have. Plus, it's a lot easier to get a drivers license after having a state ID because the DMV already has all of your info.