Anyone been to Sac Anime?

Started by Paladin Cecil, October 27, 2007, 10:18:58 PM

Makou

If you guys want company, I can come down and say hi. Besides, I'm pretty sure you'd like a Sacramentian to show you how bori--- Boo...boo... FATASTIC Sacramento can be!
"Quiet thoughts and quiet dreams. Quiet walks but quiet streams... and a window that looks out on nothing... Oh, how lovely!"

lyricaldanichan

Sacramento is pretty damn boring.. good thing there are anime fans everywhere!

Dunno if you guys know that there is a forum for Sac Anime/ Sac Con ;-)

http://www.sacanime.com/forums

astroboy

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on November 04, 2007, 11:40:47 AM
Sacramento is pretty damn boring..
If I had to describe Sacramento I'd say:

Imagine the "bad" part of San Jose were people do NOT have high paying tech jobs.  ;D

but seriously:

If you don't have a car you'll be miserable. There are lots of Vietnamese and Mexican restaurants BTW.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: astroboy on November 04, 2007, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on November 04, 2007, 11:40:47 AM
Sacramento is pretty damn boring..
If I had to describe Sacramento I'd say:

Imagine the "bad" part of San Jose were people do NOT have high paying tech jobs.  ;D

but seriously:

If you don't have a car you'll be miserable. There are lots of Vietnamese and Mexican restaurants BTW.

That is parts of Sacramento that are ghetto (south sac, medowview, citrus heights, rio linda, south natomas, rancho cordova etc), all the high paying tech jobs is in Elk Grove, Folsom and Roseville.. haha 20 min away from Downtown!

I know because I live there! The only thing good about here is that you don't pay $900k for a 900sq ft home like in San Jose LOL.. it is $350k for one here ;-)

Paladin Cecil

Another thing I was wondering about Sac Anime, has anyone here ever hosted a panel there before? I've been trying to contact the Sac Anime staff telling them I had some panels I wanted to host and they haven't been responding and I also posted a topic about it at the Sac Anime message board and still haven't heard from the staff.
If anyone here has hosted a panel there, is it just hard to contact the staff when you want to host a panel there?

Raydere

If my friend and/or the Orange Lounge Radio crew goes, I'll probably go. But I'm failing a class or two and if I have to retake over the winter, I might have to attend for only 1 day or not at all.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

ININ

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on October 29, 2007, 03:04:09 PM
I'd go if the guests were a variety. Since Senor Mignogna will be there along with Travis, I don't see much else for the con bc it'll just be a big fanfest of FMA. AWA was the same thing: a crowd of ppl. However, I may just go for the heck of it since I won't be in school.

I'm thinking about attending because of the FMA fanfest.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

I'm headin down there for all 3 days.  Hope to see you guys there.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on November 15, 2007, 04:02:19 PM
Another thing I was wondering about Sac Anime, has anyone here ever hosted a panel there before? I've been trying to contact the Sac Anime staff telling them I had some panels I wanted to host and they haven't been responding and I also posted a topic about it at the Sac Anime message board and still haven't heard from the staff.
If anyone here has hosted a panel there, is it just hard to contact the staff when you want to host a panel there?

Hmm that is strange, I would imagine by now you would have heard something
from B.

crazychichi

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on November 15, 2007, 04:02:19 PM

I know its late for this, but my friend and her anime club tried to get a art table at sac anime and no one even replied to them after they constantly asked for 4+ months via email to them.  I know my friend was pretty upset when that happened and her anime club was unable to do anything.... @_@  Maybe it was a random miscommunication? Or they're not responding to emails?
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007