Anyone been to Sac Anime?

Started by Paladin Cecil, October 27, 2007, 10:18:58 PM

Paladin Cecil

Who all here has been to Sac Anime and what do you think of it?
I've been thinking of attending it in January.

Altomare

I went to SacAnime this past July and it was really great. It was somewhat small compared to others but what it lacks in size it makes up for in content. SacAnime is a great little convention. <33

I'll also be going in January, and July as well.
=D

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

Makou

My advice is to not come early. Last time I went early, there was absolutely nothing to do. Dreaded heat as well, but... I suppose it was fun overall. Just don't bring anything they deem as a weapon. They'll lead you to the door. Meaning, no Keiichi's with bats TT_____TT.

LastElixir

punk_parfait

I have and it was okay, it was nice to see a few friends and meet some new ones. Comic-related things are the death of me but I lived to tell the tale.

Jerry

hot in january?

thats a new one. but then again its central valley,...  ::)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

OniCourseMusha

I'm thinking about attending Sac-anime on January.  Let's see how it goes.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Ska_Kitti

I'd go if the guests were a variety. Since Senor Mignogna will be there along with Travis, I don't see much else for the con bc it'll just be a big fanfest of FMA. AWA was the same thing: a crowd of ppl. However, I may just go for the heck of it since I won't be in school.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ultramangaia

I`m planning on going at the moment.I`m hoping that there`s some cheap motels in the area.

Jeff

K&K4ever

I volenteired for sac-anime last time, and I may be staffing for the next one.

And what's wrong with sac-con? >:(
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Shinsengumi

I went to the one in July, since I won 2 free tickets at Yaoi con to go to Sac-Anime I might attend.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Chun

Quote from: LastElixir on October 28, 2007, 04:28:57 PM
as long as it's not sac-con

j

It's like... you open a door to a microwave oven, and inside you see a stale piece of cheese toast because a red power ranger was playing DDR right next to the styrofoam and you couldn't put any spread on it.

...I should eat.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

DemonLordZabuza

I was once in Sac town and I think I was in a convention, I dont remember.  I remember vendors, costumes, and random anoying little kids.  Ummm, opinion if you go to conventions for the supplies from my experience sure go for it.  If you have other reasons, again from my experience, dont.  But I could be talking about a compleately different con

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

K&K4ever

neko ewen

I'm thinking of going, especially since I have a couple of friends who live in the area. A friend of mine who goes there yearly was saying he likes it a lot, for what that's worth.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Chun on October 30, 2007, 01:31:06 AMIt's like... you open a door to a microwave oven, and inside you see a stale piece of cheese toast because a red power ranger was playing DDR right next to the styrofoam and you couldn't put any spread on it.

That made no sense whatsoever - much like Sac-con.

I figure there's a chance that the Melty people are going to end up having a tourney there, so chances are, I'll end up commuting back and forth from the place. XD
epic progressive

vox

gmontem

Oh darn I think I'll be out of the country during Sac Anime week. 
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

K&K4ever

I'm hoping to staff, it all depends on my schoole thow  >:(

Shinsengumi

Well if you don't staff I could always give you my other ticket that I won from Yaoi con.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

LadyKaren

As we can it, it's a baby con. Much smaller. Has a younger crowd. And most of the people have never been to another Convention before. It's not a convention that someone who goes to all the larger cons like Fanime and AX, goes to, but still something interesting to attend.