Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann '08

Started by Shinigami, October 28, 2007, 03:51:39 PM

Shinigami

Anyone up for some Gurren-Lagann cosplay this year? I might be going as Simon "GARlock"...hopefully.

Shinigami

Awwww, I know I'm the only one who likes this show. No cosplay love?

pockystix

I'd attempt a Yoko, but I don't have the chest for it. :( -pettan-
New sn = Meirin

sunrise-oasis

i want to participate for the gurren lagaan cosplay..althoug last year i was also simon but i guess i was'nt good enough XD.....
So i guess this year I might as well go for the older simon....

my friend he can try his best to cosplay as Kamina...but the problem is it was VERY cold outside and he shivers soo much that the next day he had a huge fever XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!still...i guess i want to join you guys XD!!!

btw..your not the only one who was interested on that show........lol

pockystix

I've changed my mind. This is probably unheard of, but I think I'm gonna cosplay as Rossiu, despite that everyone, including me, hates his guts. I think it'd be quite the challenge and besides, I'm sure there won't be any doubles, right? lol

I also plan to make a Dai Gurren Dan flag and possibly small hand flags to give out/sell.
New sn = Meirin

ph1shf00d

Hey, Pockystix- I'd suggest wearing a helmet XD

Kittan is definitely on my list for cosplays for Fanime.  My sewing skills sorta suck (and by "sorta," I mean that they're absolutely terrible XD ) so I'll probably go as Black Sibling Kittan... Any other Black Siblings?  PLZ?

I wish I was manly enough to be able to make a really epic Kittan, but that's definitely not that feasible for me XD  So I guess I'll have to make it up with details on what simple, but distinctive, features he has.

BUSHY EYEBROWS HERE I COME.  ALSO I THINK I SHOULD START PERFECTING MY SCOWL.

/cruisecontrol.  Haha

Shinigami

ph1shf00d, I don't think I'm manly enough for Simon. lol. You've seen me before, I was the Xemnas at SacAnime who talked to you at your art table (DarkFujin from Cos.com). We can both be girly Gurren-Lagann characters together!

Pockystix... good luck. Don't get beat up.

ph1shf00d

Ohhh! No way~!  Haha, you're an awesome cosplayer AND you watch Gurren Lagann.  YOU WIN SO HARD.

AND YES LET'S TOTALLY DO THAT.  IS MOST EPIC PLAN EVER.

Our crossdressing abilities will pierce the heavens!

mymerrilymemory

I'll be bringing Time-Skip Kiyal =p

Make that adiane now. And I may have GARhalla Adiane and swimsuit Adiane as well

perv

Haha, you do not know HOW happy I am to hear that there's going to be other TTGL lovers<33
I'm going as Simon! See you hottiefaces there :B

PacificPikachu

I'm hopefully doing a big, fluffy mascot-style Boota costume, so I'll hopefully be joining you all for the gathering!

Evangelion Xgouki

Ugh...if I stop being lazy and actually start working on it I might have a Command-in-Chief Simon cosplay ready by Fanime  :)

kuroi

Quote from: pockystix on January 06, 2008, 10:18:23 PM
I've changed my mind. This is probably unheard of, but I think I'm gonna cosplay as Rossiu, despite that everyone, including me, hates his guts. I think it'd be quite the challenge and besides, I'm sure there won't be any doubles, right? lol

I also plan to make a Dai Gurren Dan flag and possibly small hand flags to give out/sell.

If only seen one other person do Rossiu cosplay (and it was pre-timeskip Rossiu), but if you did, I'd probably stalk you for a little; or at least take pictures *is one of the vast minority who doesn't hate Rossiu*
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

spency_g

Im in the work of putting togather a Kamina costume and my friend is looking into doing Kittan, but he is really iffy about it.
<(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<)