Small gathering with a lonely otaku?

Started by SukebeStudios, October 30, 2007, 05:22:21 PM

SukebeStudios

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in having a small gathering of anime fans. Food, drinks, video games, anime. I'm looking to make new anime friends because I don't have that many. I'm not too sure about going to tother parties because I'm always left out and by myself. I don't have a set date yet because I'm not sure what my work schedule is going to look like.

ultramangaia

You should just come to one of the gatherings that are posted by the regulars here.There`s one coming up sometime after Thanksgiving.Keep checking this forum for time and date.We always welcome new people so come join us.There`s at least 30 people on this forum that do a big group get together and somtimes just 10 of us.

Jerry

you have plenty of options.

theres the chats, that randomly happen... see one of us online?

just aim, yahoo, (whatevers works) and just say hi, we do that to each other all the time (myself included)

some of th group like to meet up on a weekly basis while some of us host our own gatherings when we could all make it.

like today's Halloween gathering @ the Winchester mystery house or a random party/gathering/ birthday or other event out in the world.

feel free to introduce yourself via online or ever here on the boards.

Welcome to the Fanime BBS. ^_^
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ced1106

You just missed the Anime Palace gathering!  :o

Coming up:
* First Sunday: Foothill Anime, Los Altos Hills.
* Second Saturday: No Name Anime, Santa Clara.
* Third Saturday: CA-West, Santa Clara?
* End-of-year Gathering: November or December.

No excuses! :D

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

DemonLordZabuza

Depending on the date and time.  I've been spending most of my weekends in Santa Cruz lately...but because I haven't had any real reason to be up in San Jose for the weekend.  But making friends is always good I say :D.  I'm down with that plan. 

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JohnnyAR

yeah I hope there's a gathering in San Jose somewhere close to where I live.

Jerry

Dont forget that a 'core' group of us usually hangs out on Friday nights.

Most common place is known as Tap-X (no its NOT a strip club... tho sometimes i wish...  :P)

but its ur usual bobba drink place and theyre random, gaming, anime chat and hand held gaming galore.

all in person too.

Just PM any of us, or i think the " Friday Night Hang outs gathering " thread is somwhere around here...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Jerry on November 07, 2007, 02:48:48 PM
Dont forget that a 'core' group of us usually hangs out on Friday nights.

Most common place is known as Tap-X (no its NOT a strip club... tho sometimes i wish...  :P)

but its ur usual bobba drink place and theyre random, gaming, anime chat and hand held gaming galore.

all in person too.

Just PM any of us, or i think the " Friday Night Hang outs gathering " thread is somwhere around here...

wait is it a bar or just a hang out place that anyone can go to because I'm not 21 yet. I need more friends that are into anime.

Kazuko

lul tap-x isnt a Bar silly, more like a cafe type place

JohnnyAR

*throws a buncha confetti in the air* YAY! Is it in San Jose? what street  is it on? what time does it open? what time does it close? Are they open on Sundays?What else goes on there?Is it a maid cafe?Are the waiteress' in maid uniforms?*gasps and then takes slow easy breaths* heh sorry about that its just that  I finally found a cafe that has anime! w00t! and I hope it's in San Jose, because I can not afford to go anywhere outside of San Jose.

Lisu

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 07, 2007, 09:05:13 PM
*throws a buncha confetti in the air* YAY! Is it in San Jose? what street  is it on? what time does it open? what time does it close? Are they open on Sundays?What else goes on there?Is it a maid cafe?Are the waiteress' in maid uniforms?*gasps and then takes slow easy breaths* heh sorry about that its just that  I finally found a cafe that has anime! w00t! and I hope it's in San Jose, because I can not afford to go anywhere outside of San Jose.
dude, chill~

first off: It is not so much a 'cafe' as the description puts it, but more of conveniently placed tables next to the a counter were you can get drinks (like, milk tea and junk) and a small assortment of snacks.

second: there is no anime there, it is merely brought to you by your moderately friendly local (sort of) fanime board members.

LastElixir

^ what this man said.

tap is just a tapioca place with an asian atmosphere, you get drinks and snacks, nothing more.

j

VictimX

Located in Milpitas right beside San Jose and is open til midnight... I think just not sure what days.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: VictimX on November 07, 2007, 09:51:51 PM
Located in Milpitas right beside San Jose and is open til midnight... I think just not sure what days.

time and days are open:

Sunday to Thursdays till 11 p.m

Friday and Saturday till Midnight

and yeah, we hang out there, talk and do anything. Come and join us if you want :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

otakuapprentice

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......G.I. JOE!!!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

gmontem

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2007, 10:23:48 PM
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......G.I. JOE!!!!
I'm a computer. Stop all the downloading!
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

JohnnyAR

JohnnyAR

Kazuko

If you read what was mentioned above then you would notice that its in Milpitas

gmontem

A warning to future Tap X Milpitas patrons -- Combo D is a lie!  Or is it?

The Fanimafia Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be cleaved, and then there will be Combo D.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!