Ballet San Jose Nutcracker (Tickets Purchased)

Started by ININ, November 02, 2007, 10:33:17 AM

ININ

Anyone interested in watching the Ballet San Jose Nutcarcker at the Center for Performing Arts?  My family used to watch The Nutcracker and afterwards walk to Christmas In the Park.  I'm posting to see if there are anyone interested in going.  The ticket prices are expensive ranging from $30.00 to $82.00.

The ballet starts on Sunday December 9th and ends on Sudnay December 23.  The most favorable dates are Friday Dec 14, Saturday Dec 15, Fri Dec 21, or Sat Dec 22.

Website is http://www.balletsanjose.org/

The Nutcracker is a separate gathering from Jerry's Thanksgiving, Xmas, End of Year Gathering.

Date:  Saturday December 22
Time:  7:30pm
Location:  San Jose Center For Performing Arts on Almaden Boulevard and San Carlos
Dress:  Semi-formal

Confirmed

ININ
Amelia Seyruun
LadyKaren
Jerry
Karisma Black
gmontem
Appu

Maybe

Barnes
Otakuya
Wirewolf6

In Spirit

Kazuko

gmontem

Argh now I gotta decide whether to go to this one or Madama Butterfly. :(  They're on different dates but the prices....
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Barnes

I might want to do CITP with friends this year. But not the ballet part though.
Put me down for a maybe.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

otakuya

I'd like to go ice skating at CitP too. It's about $10 w/skate rental (discount with SJSU Tower Card).

If you don't know how to skate, it's even funnier.

gmontem

Quote from: Otakuya on November 02, 2007, 03:20:22 PMIf you don't know how to skate, it's even funnier.

Psh it's only funny when you're not the victim.  ;)

I remember my first day of ice skating....

Me: *loses balance and falls backward*
Employee: *skates to me* Are you alright?
Me: I'm fine. This is my first time...
Employee: I can tell.

>:( >:( >:(

i feel so loved!

ININ

Quote from: gmontem on November 02, 2007, 12:14:28 PM
Argh now I gotta decide whether to go to this one or Madama Butterfly. :(  They're on different dates but the prices....

Yeah, the prices.  What my Mom does is buy a group of tickets for a discount and we sit along the left edge so we can see the final scene.  That was 1999 and I'm sure the group policy changed since.

Kazuko

BISH D:< were supposed to go see that together

T___T you have been holding out

Whens the little prince btw?

Amelia Seyruun

This sounds like fun. I've only ever seen The Nutcracker on TV, but never in real life.

I think I can go, but could I get a ride from you?
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

LadyKaren

I want to go. Especially since the owner of my company is good friends with owner of the San Jose Ballet. I want to go to their next Gala.. #^.^#

ININ

My sister took ballet lessons when she was little.  She was an extra in the opening scene.  My family and I got backstage access and saw Dennis Nahat.  We saw one dress rehiersal where the dancers were in full costume and orchastra was playing, too.

gmontem

Quote from: Kazuko on November 02, 2007, 11:07:45 PM

Little Prince is next year.  I'll repost the Madama Butterfly gathering thread originally from the backup boards here in a couple of hours. 

i feel so loved!

Jerry

Wow, I feel so 'cultured' in the last year, ive been to disneyland, lost in a national forrest, gone to several lolita gatherings, seen musicals, plays and even Avenue Q (twice!!!  :P) and of course an operetta.

Hmmm... ballet huh?

I always used to hear about the SF nutcracker, I didnt realize there was a San Jose company as well, but it makes sense.

Hey ININ, if or when you decide a date of choice, I'd be interested in checking it out.

of course my vote would be for the cheap seats, but its looks to be an interesting show.

I need to start more 'holiday' traditions now that I'm starting my own family...  :P

Please keep me posted. Thanks!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

gmontem

Hey Jerry, you should check out that opera I pimped at the backup boards if you want to continue feeling cultured. hehe

i feel so loved!

Kazuko

Quote from: gmontem on November 06, 2007, 09:45:31 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on November 02, 2007, 11:07:45 PM

Little Prince is next year.  I'll repost the Madama Butterfly gathering thread originally from the backup boards here in a couple of hours. 

GOOD D:<  I can save up for le petit Prince in feb since my friend Muriel and I REALLY want to go <3 and Madama Butterfly is a go for me!!!

ININ

Here is the seating chart to get an idea of the seats and their prices:  http://www.balletsanjose.org/StageLow.htm

To begin the planning, let's go with Saturday December 22 which is my first choice ^^  If anyone wants to suggest a different date, please do so.

People interested in going:  ININ, gmontem, Barnes, Otakuya, Amelia Seyruun, LadyKaren, Jerry.

wirewolf6

Hello everyone after a year xD.... I might be able to go  :o

Karisma Black

Jerry

Quote from: ININ on November 07, 2007, 04:26:30 PM
Here is the seating chart to get an idea of the seats and their prices:  http://www.balletsanjose.org/StageLow.htm

To begin the planning, let's go with Saturday December 22 which is my first choice ^^  If anyone wants to suggest a different date, please do so.

People interested in going:  ININ, gmontem, Barnes, Otakuya, Amelia Seyruun, LadyKaren, Jerry.

Looks good, technically I could afford it (hoping for a nice Xmas bonus this year...)
and of course willing to car pool.

Is this going to be a black tie event? It's been a while I've needed to wear a Tux or new even suit.

and to think the last little black dress I saw was back in January...  :D

give me a good reason to enjoy a nite on the town with a good of old friends.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ININ

Business semi-formal is good.  No jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers.  Guys, wearing a tie is highly recommended  :)

ININ

I updated the first post.  The date to confirm going is Monday November 19.  I purchase the tickets before Thanksgiving.

The first choice is Saturday December 22 at 7:30pm.  The second choice is the afternoon 1:30pm showing.

I get the best $30.00 seats possible.  If anyone wants to upgrade, please let me know.  We can split into two groups and stay together within talking distance XD

Confirmed

ININ*
Amelia Seyruun
LadyKaren
Jerry
Karisma Black

Maybe

gmontem
Barnes
Otakuya
Wirewolf6

* Can Upgrade Seat