JTAF.

Started by Amelia Seyruun, November 03, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

punk_parfait

I'm entertaining the idea of stopping by... seeing that Kazuko-chan might comes may sway me~  :-* I'm a little bitter it's not at JapanTown anymore, I usually eat noodles and take purikura all day, so I'm not sure what I'd do with myself this year.

Jerry

i totally feel you,

it wont be the same without a nice Crepe from Sophie's.

I'll guess we'll have to manage.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jerry on November 06, 2007, 10:14:54 AM
it might not have the same feel in previous years...

ironic its NO longer in Japan-town which is a bit odd...

Hey InIn, were you still planning to goto this?

I'm willing to car pool, gas is SO expensive these days...

again another excuse for Ed and Roy, to hang out in Sf.

I wonder how the vendors and anime related stuff will be set up.

My vote is for Saturday because there's a Sunday Fanime Staff meeting.

Otaku, DLZ, Kegan, Lok? or anyone else interested? the more the merrier right?

As much as I like No-name as well, im always out for an adventure in the city as opposed to sitting on my bottom playing Final Fantasy Tactics ALL THE TIME....

I have a knife in my pocket!... I'm not kidding!!! im serious!!!~
- quothe Karisma

nevermore. :3  :P
once again, i totally forgot that JTAF is this weekend(just like i forgot about yaoi-con, but we saw how that remedied itself).

sadly, I've been already roped into helping out my sis; she wants to take a trip to banana republic(the store, its not actually a republic so don't look it up), and i gets teh discounts there, too.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Well Put me as maybe for JTAF I might be in modestoes on sat for my uncles birthday (unless its moved and I dont know it)

Oh its not in Japantown D: how fail

>:3 lets go to the california academy of sciences instead!!!!

Mordyan

Can't make this one. I have tech rehearsal this weekend. And it sucks that it is not in Japan Town. I really like the Crepes too!

Jerry

with the holidays coming up I wouldnt be surprised double, or even triple or quadrupling booking myself.

Lots of Holiday / Bday / general gathering positions indeed.

I need my "fix"

I could really use a Crepe right now. I hate missing lunch. >.<

ININ

Quote from: Jerry on November 06, 2007, 10:14:54 AM
Hey InIn, were you still planning to goto this?

I wasn't planning to go.  I can't justify playing the admission for the one day con with little to do.  That's just me ^^

OniCourseMusha

Due to my money situation from Yaoi-con.  I really don't know if I can attend JTAF.  I wouild love to go but even for one day  on a Sunday but the price is a killer for me.  If there's a room party there, I don't mind joining in since I can travel around SF.  But I'm having doubt about going in for one day....
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Jerry

thats to bad, id' prefer to car pool, but looks like I'll have to sit this one out...

that plus it might rain.

driving + rain + me getting lost would be a bad combo.

I've had enough close calls with accidents as it is.

Drive safe out there!

Be well and who ever does go. Please take pics! pretty please thankies.  :D

LadyKaren

Yeah.. Had to cancel this on this one...

I have to go to a convention... for making anime cons...

OH AND FANIME STAFF MEETING IS ON SUNDAY SO EVERYONE GO.

Jun-Watarase

Eh? It's not Japantown anymore? I thought it was just getting a new owner.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

_Rena_

Ahah it's by the pier D:

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: _Rena_ on November 08, 2007, 04:02:28 PM
Ahah it's by the pier D:

...Eh? Last I recalled, Japantown was pretty far from the pier... Think you might be thinking of Chinatown?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 08, 2007, 04:58:40 PM
Quote from: _Rena_ on November 08, 2007, 04:02:28 PM
Ahah it's by the pier D:

...Eh? Last I recalled, Japantown was pretty far from the pier... Think you might be thinking of Chinatown?
no.....i'm pretty sure she said it correctly: japantown is still japantown, but the location of JTAF this year is over at fort mason; don't know why they picked fort mason to have jtaf, but whatever; its not like i can go(i have other obligations already).

otakuya

That kinda defeats the whole purpose of calling it Japan Town Anime Fair, if its not at Japantown/Japan Center.

Now if it was at San Jose Japantown, that'll be an entirely different story.

otakuapprentice

which is why it's not being referred to as Japantown Anime Faire anymore, but instead is now being simply called "JTAF"

Amelia Seyruun

......I might not go to JTAF after all, folks.

I shouldn't be spending the extra money, of which I seriously need to save up for the upcoming Disneyland trip, and I haven't been feeling in the mood to go to another small con.

Instead, I might join the No-Name thing.
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

RyuHayabusa

I know I'm not going for sure. I will go to the staff meeting on sunday and talk to a certain person about my job. and Hopefully, some of you can go and we can go get dinner or something lol.

My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Eurobeat King

I haven't been to Fort Mason in a long time, and even though there's not much out there in-terms of restaurants and shops (which are mainly on Lombard Street) at least this weekend will have some pictures to show for it, and I'm sure there will be some good outdoor places for photos.  :)  Just hoping the weather's good..

After the fun I had at YaoiCon, and preparing for my last East Coast con of the year (Anime USA) the weekend after, I'll just take JTAF as a relaxing weekend to get away from the craziness at work.   :P
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."