JTAF.

Started by Amelia Seyruun, November 03, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2007, 06:29:04 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2007, 05:39:04 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2007, 05:28:25 PM
JTAF's 1 through 3 were pretty good; everything after 3 has sucked.

3 wasn't that great, either.

JTAF was pretty fun up until then, but it was always more about meeting up with people rather than its actual events and dealer rooms.
only downside to 3 was that it was raining that weekend, which totally sucked.

It had a somewhat okay run, but trying to keep it going after my experience from last year would not be the best choice.

so long JTAF; you were good in the beginning, but now you suck.

*sends the con off on a burning boat out to sea*

*snickers, puts a nuke onto it and remotely denotates when the boat is out to sea. Sees mushroom cloud and a big ball of fire*

Mission Accomplished  ;D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on November 11, 2007, 06:33:16 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2007, 06:29:04 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2007, 05:39:04 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2007, 05:28:25 PM
JTAF's 1 through 3 were pretty good; everything after 3 has sucked.

3 wasn't that great, either.

JTAF was pretty fun up until then, but it was always more about meeting up with people rather than its actual events and dealer rooms.
only downside to 3 was that it was raining that weekend, which totally sucked.

It had a somewhat okay run, but trying to keep it going after my experience from last year would not be the best choice.

so long JTAF; you were good in the beginning, but now you suck.

*sends the con off on a burning boat out to sea*

*snickers, puts a nuke onto it and remotely denotates when the boat is out to sea. Sees mushroom cloud and a big ball of fire*

Mission Accomplished  ;D

That would be somthing  ;D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jerry

please no more fires in the SF bay...

we have enough oil spoils and hazard materials as is...

more like Nuke it in the Nevada dessert and call it a day.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

OniCourseMusha

My review to JTAF5.

Its the smallest convention I ever been to so far.  I even though I wanted to save my brain age cosplay for the bigger con like Wondercon and Fanime, I had to be nice to support the con for Ray since its the last JTAF plus I just wanted to hang out wit friends.  It seems that the masquerade was held at inside of the dealers room.  Me and Jonas decided to join in the masquerade last minute and had to come up wit a last minute skit.  We did pretty good performance even though we didn't win any prizes (cosplay is based on how hard you make the costume not how I look, I don't expect it really).  After the masquerade I hung out for a little bit then we left.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Magical Senpai

JTAF 1 and 2 were the better years.

After 3, it just became a train wreck.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on November 14, 2007, 01:23:49 PM

Oh man! Those are the nostagal times.  JTAF1 was my very first anime con where I met a lot of u guys thanx to my friend Tom plus first time watching Dieter host masquerade who later became my Speech Teacher at my local Community College in Salinas.  JTAF 2 was my very first time cosplaying and entered awesome DDR tourney against people from LA.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on November 14, 2007, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on November 14, 2007, 01:23:49 PM

Oh man! Those are the nostagal times.  JTAF1 was my very first anime con where I met a lot of u guys thanx to my friend Tom plus first time watching Dieter host masquerade who later became my Speech Teacher at my local Community College in Salinas.  JTAF 2 was my very first time cosplaying and entered awesome DDR tourney against people from LA.
Actually I think J-TAF 5 was more fun for me in many ways ONCE I ACTUALLY GOT THERE. Actually getting there with public transportation was a nightmare. Although I made some new friends w/ phone #s, found an awesome new band, AND I also got to see a band I already liked in concert! There were many fun and crazy things we did there. Although I was dissapointed in the Video Games, since there weren't as many as before. Although I did kick a lot of ass in Naruto 3 >=)