Fall 2007 Anime

Started by Tsubasa, November 04, 2007, 09:27:45 PM

Tsubasa

The board was down when we would usually make the seasonal thread, so here it is a tad belated.

What's everyone watching?  What do you think is good?  What's garbage?  Best OP?  Is your favorite seiyuu in something?  Did they butcher a perfectly good manga/game by making the anime?  Whatever you want to talk about, post it here.  Cause discussion is cool and we can't have a thread for every series.

Five weeks into the season, here's my status:

Series I'm watching (in part or in full):
-CLANNAD
-D.C. II
-Genshiken II
-Gosyusho​-sama​ Ninomiya​-kun​
-Kimikiss
-Myself; Yourself
-Night Wizard THE ANIMATION
-Rental Magica
-Shakugan no Shana Second
-Shion no Ou
-Sketchbook ~full color's~

Series I should get around to:
-Bamboo Blade
-Mokke
-Moyashimon

Series I would recommend: CLANNAD, Night Wizard, Rental Magica, Sketchbook.
Has promise: Shion no Ou
I like it, but it's not fabulous (at least not yet): D.C. II
Galge-based, so I watch some, but they'll probably be mediocreish: Kimikiss, Myself; Yourself
OK, and only watch if you've seen the first series: Shakugan no Shana Second, Genshiken II
Probably not worth it: Gosyusho​-sama​ Ninomiya​-kun​
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

Pretty good season...

Tops for this season:

1. Kaiji KAIJI KAIJI!
2. Bamboo Blade
3. Moyashimon
4. Sketchbook
5. Minami-ke
6. Clannad
7. Shion no Ou
8. Genshiken2

May check out rental magica...

j

Chun

CLANNAD - If you're not watching this already, you should be shot. (Or Tomoyo kicked, whatever the case may be)

Gosyusho-sama Ninomiya-kun - This is one of those series that is so bad, it's ok kind of deal. Nothing interesting here.

Shakugan no Shana II - Starting out pretty slow, but let's hope for something nowhere near Zero no Tsukaima 2's ending.

Minami-ke - I'm... not too impressed right now to be honest. Quite normal, as they state, but somewhat entertaining. I get Ichigo Marshimaro or Azumanga vibes from it.

Myself; Yourself - This is turning out pretty entertaining. Looks like your standard galge "return to the city" bit, but who doesn't enjoy a good romp through that.

Shugo Chara - This series is... somewhat entertaining. You see the age group its aimed for, but it's substantial. Just don't expect anything epic as a Mahou Shoujo run through and you're set.

Genshiken 2 - Get hype. It's awesome, the manga's being followed through to a key (Kio Shimoku, the manga-ka, directs), and the art hasn't failed.... yet. Ogiue > Ohno. Yes, those are fighting words.

I'm quite behind due to college obligations, but those are my thoughts for now.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Sunara Ishi

As I don't have terribly a lot of time to check things out...
Just:
Shakugan no Shana season 2
Shugo Chara!
Clannad
Da Capo II
Prism Ark (once more episodes are subbed)
Night Wizard
EF~tale of memories

I'm dabbling in:
Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Ghost Hound
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

I'm not caught up with anything right now... I finished El Cazador the other day and I'm attempting to catch up with Higurashi... at which point I'll start CLANNAD.

No idea what else to watch.

Spiritsnare

Currently working on Minami-ke ("Sensei!"/"Ninomiya-kun! Ninomiyakunninomiyakunninomiyakun!" and CLANNAD (FUKOFUKOFUKOFUKOFUKO). I'll be also taking a look at Genshiken 2, Sketchbook, and Bamboo Blade, but they're not on my 'active' list yet.
epic progressive

vox

RyuHayabusa

I'm watching

CLANNAD

Genshiken season 2

Myself, Yourself

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun

Gundam 00

Bamboo Blade

Shakugan no Shana 2nd Season

and

Kimi Kiss Pure Rouge

On Hold(for now):

Blue Drop

DaCapo II

and Minami-ke
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Moogleborg

Ooh, Genshiken II! :D Awesomeness! ^^ I've been waiting for that for a long time!
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Series currently watching:

Kodomo No Jikan
Minami-Ke
Goshusama Ninomiya-Kun
Bamboo Blade
Genshiken 2
Myself, Yourself
Rental Magica
Moyashimon
Sketchbook

I'll watch the others when I get time to do so.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Mew

Not necessarily all from the new season, but here's what I'm currently watching and my status as of today. (Simply copied and pasted from my LJ sidebar.)

BLEACH (147)
Busou Renkin (1)
D.Gray-man (48)
Dragonaut (5)
Gintama (24)
Gundam 00 (3)
Hayate no Gotoku! (31)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (27)
Kekkaishi (35)
Koutetsu Sangokushi (11)
NARUTO Shippuuden (33)
Nodame Cantabile (11)
Okane ga Nai OVA (3)
Ookiku Furikabutte (9)
Rental Magica (5)
Romeo x Juliet (22)
Saigo no Door wo Shimero! OVA (1)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (9)
Shakugan no Shana II (4)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (18)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Jun-Watarase

Currently following:
-CLANNAD (Yus... ;___;)
-Genshiken II (Episode 05 was... disturbing and dirty. D:)
-Minami-ke
-Shuugo Chara (Anime series is so cheesy... but I love this manga. It is still cute, nonetheless. ;__;)
-Blue Drop
-Shakugan no Shana Second (Lazily following...)
-Kodomo no Jikan (BIG fan of the manga but... anime < manga. Was going to drop this series, but... I love Kokonoe too muuuuuuuchh!!!)

Series I'll eventually get around to:
-Bamboo Blade
-EF~tale of memories
-Rental Magica
-Moyashimon

I'll get back to it later (Maybe):
-Shion no Ou
-Sketchbook ~full color's~
-D.C. II
-Kimikiss

Dropped series:
-Myself;Yourself (Not impressed.)
-Dragonaut (Uh... XD;)
-Prism Ark

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 10, 2007, 10:53:23 PM
-Prism Ark (Sorta. Not many episodes are subbed yet.)
Actually all 5 episodes are subbed. But the first two are by one group and 3-5 by another group... -.-; Most of these came out in the last week. But yeah.. subs for this series are rather inconsistent.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on November 11, 2007, 04:44:32 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 10, 2007, 10:53:23 PM
-Prism Ark (Sorta. Not many episodes are subbed yet.)
Actually all 5 episodes are subbed. But the first two are by one group and 3-5 by another group... -.-; Most of these came out in the last week. But yeah.. subs for this series are rather inconsistent.

Then again, I'm not sure if I'm willing to follow the series. So much happened in one god damned episode, and it wasn't very entertaining. XD;

Being a fan of the game, I r disappointed. ;__;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Appu

I suppose I'm late, but whatev.

Kaiji. Are there only just 2 people who are watching this show?
Moyashimon
*Sketchbook
*CLANNAD
*Minami-ke
*Bamboo Blade

I have Mokke, ef, KimiKiss downloaded, but ne'r started them. I'm still watching stuff from past season. Like I finished Kiki's Delivery Service after like 48945163 years. Also should catch up on Overdrive and Oofuri and Zetsen...

Anime with asterisk mean that I haven't watched the latest subbed one =P. [I know that's a lot]
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

LastElixir

Kaiji and Akagi are all you need in life anyway.

j

Appu

You know, I think I'll finish Bartender. Man, I was all like "Nuuuuuuuuuu I don't want it to end" but now it's like "Darn I never got round to finishing it"

And yeah watched Kaiji ep 6. Awwwwwwwwwww yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Tsubasa

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Minami-ke my first post.  And I would recommend it.

To make discussion: what are people's picks for OPs and EDs this season?
I'm liking: CLANNAD OP/ED, Kimikiss OP, Minami-ke OP, Night Wizard OP, Rental Magica OP/ED, Shana Second OP, Sketchbook ED
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Tsubasa on November 12, 2007, 01:02:02 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Minami-ke my first post.  And I would recommend it.

To make discussion: what are people's picks for OPs and EDs this season?
I'm liking: CLANNAD OP/ED, Kimikiss OP, Minami-ke OP, Night Wizard OP, Rental Magica OP/ED, Shana Second OP, Sketchbook ED

LOVING Clannad OP/ED.

FanimaidCafe.com

phoenixphire24

I'm so busy, I'm only watching Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro and Moyashimon. I'll get around to watching Genshiken 2 one of these days. I was trying to watch Saiunkoku 2, but there's only 6 episodes subbed.  :'(

Leviathan

Let's see, been paying attention to:

-Genshiken 2
-Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
-Dragonaut: The Resonance
-Rental Magica

Looking forward to Rosario+Vampire in January.