Cloverfield

Started by Nanashi, November 04, 2007, 10:36:52 PM

Nanashi

For those of you who saw Transformers...remember that weird, unnamed trailer that played before it? Yeah, that's what "Cloverfield" is. So, how many of you are excited about this, and does any one have some theories about what the monster could be?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

VictimX

From what has been said it could be anything one thing that seems to stand out is this monster for Cloverfield.

Image link+

Still what is true and what is false information is unknown to me.

~~Loktera~~

www.1-18-08.com

That's the official teaser site.

All it is is a bunch of pictures with some small hints and other stuff..

I know there are a few other sites like Slusho (somehow tied in, it was on a persons T-Shirt in the Trailer).

But for the 1-18-08 site, try flipping the pictures over.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

VictimX

They were passing out thoughs Slusho shirts at ComiCon so they must have something to do with the movie.

gmontem

Quote from: VictimX on November 05, 2007, 11:02:46 AM
From what has been said it could be anything one thing that seems to stand out is this monster for
[snip]
Oh sweet it's about time the peaceful Blue Whale took a stand against us non-green Earth-polluting people.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Kazuko

wtf why does that SO remind me of FF 10

Nanashi

I saw that picture awhile ago (4chan), and I don't think it's official. A lot of people said it reminded them of Sin, so yeah, I think it may just be some random art from a speculative (soon to be) fan.

VictimX

There is always the Cthluhu-y monster.

XpHoBiaX

The first pic makes me think "ZOMG FFX SIN!" lol

otakuapprentice

holy shit, there is a ACTUAL trailer up for this movie now; it appears they are keeping the original look from the teaser, with the whole movie being seen throught the lens of a civilain camera/camcorder, givng it that first-person-account feel.

New Cloverfield Trailer(yes, Cloverfield is the official title)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Nanashi

Hey, maybe we should get a Colverfield gathering together. You know, go and see the movie as a group on opening night...hopefully. Just a matter of where.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Nanashi on November 19, 2007, 06:21:01 PM
Hey, maybe we should get a Cloverfield gathering together. You know, go and see the movie as a group on opening night...hopefully. Just a matter of where.
Gathering/get-together or not, i'm seeing this regardless, mostly due to the fact that its different than a majority of the films out there today(more akin to The Blair Witch Project than anything else in the way its filmed); it has that sorta-indie look, mostly due to it literally being done from the perspective of one of the survivors during the attack.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Nanashi

Well, it may not be from the perspective of a survivor, so much as it is the perspective of a victim. Supposedly, the movie is supposed to be a video that the military found in the ruins of the city after the attack.

VictimX

It looks as if the camera is handed off to more then one person from the trailer.

Appu

Hmm, sounds interesting :p
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

abcbadcat

OMG I can't wait to see this movie. Opening night I will probably be there the night before. I can't fucking wait.

JohnnyAR

Alright, wtf?! How does it remind you guys of Sin from FF 10. I've never played Final Fantasy  *gasp* I know never played it< I just never had the oppertunity! So plz explain to me.

JohnnyAR

Omg that movie looks crazy. Kinda like War of the Worlds and Godzilla put together sorta.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on November 05, 2007, 01:42:09 PM
www.1-18-08.com

That's the official teaser site.

All it is is a bunch of pictures with some small hints and other stuff..

I know there are a few other sites like Slusho (somehow tied in, it was on a persons T-Shirt in the Trailer).

But for the 1-18-08 site, try flipping the pictures over.

Does anyone have any theorys about the movie?