Cloverfield

Started by Nanashi, November 04, 2007, 10:36:52 PM

~~Loktera~~

I think it is now called 'Monstrous'

Or... so I can assume from the Movie Poster I got at No Name last meeting.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

otakuapprentice

its still called 'cloverfield', lok.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on November 05, 2007, 01:42:09 PM
www.1-18-08.com

That's the official teaser site.

All it is is a bunch of pictures with some small hints and other stuff..

I know there are a few other sites like Slusho (somehow tied in, it was on a persons T-Shirt in the Trailer).

But for the 1-18-08 site, try flipping the pictures over.

d00d! I flipped the pictures and noticed that two of the pictures had like comments on the back of the photo before the monster and an other one written in chinese! but all the photos taken after the monster didn't have anything written on the back.

Shinsengumi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnoTb_RTbs

Cloverfield - 5 minute Exclusive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdmFCBSSLSk&feature=related

AMAZING 1-18-08 MONSTER FAN ART!!!!! SCARY AS HELL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KcYrGxsNIQ&feature=related

1-18-08/cloverfield monster revealed, best evidence

I really need to check this movie out, I know alot of people are saying it's the next godzilla movie, some think the monster looks like Sin from FF X. I must see to check it out for myself.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 14, 2007, 11:51:31 PM

Are you sure?

The movie poster I have still says "Monstrous"....

otakuapprentice

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on December 15, 2007, 06:12:59 PM

Are you sure?

if IMDB AND J.J Abrams both say its called Cloverfield, then it's sure as hell called gonna be called Cloverfield.

JohnnyAR

There's gonna be crab thingys in it too! COOLNESS!

mDuo13

Are you sure?

http://cloverfield.despoiler.org/index.php?title=Posters

There's a lot of interesting speculation on Unfiction right now based on the viral marketing for the movie. Some of the more common, well-defined ideas are this:

1. The monster is either similar to a whale or an oversized plankton/extremophile such as a water bear.
2. The drink "Slusho!" is either the lure for the monster, or the cause of the biohazard (see next point) or even the cure for it.
3. There's are smaller monsters running around, and that's probably related to the expanding girl silhouette in the trailer. Either the mini-monsters are born Alien-style, or they cause people to explode, or they are metamorphosed humans.

Interesting potential here for sure.

Lactose

GIANTENEMYCRAB!

im calling it right now.
Lactose = Liz

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 17, 2007, 11:40:11 AM

Are you sure?

http://cloverfield.despoiler.org/index.php?title=Posters

There's a lot of interesting speculation on Unfiction right now based on the viral marketing for the movie. Some of the more common, well-defined ideas are this:

1. The monster is either similar to a whale or an oversized plankton/extremophile such as a water bear.
2. The drink "Slusho!" is either the lure for the monster, or the cause of the biohazard (see next point) or even the cure for it.
3. There's are smaller monsters running around, and that's probably related to the expanding girl silhouette in the trailer. Either the mini-monsters are born Alien-style, or they cause people to explode, or they are metamorphosed humans.

Interesting potential here for sure.

Okay. That page there shut me up... I have teh nifteh little Promo Poster from ComiCon then :3

I is teh happeez

Braveheart

Whatever it is, Head & Shoulders is the answer.  ;D
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

Glitch

I'm kinda disappointed that the "ethan haas was right" website turned out to be not connected to the movie.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 17, 2007, 11:40:11 AM

Thats not a bear; that's the Sydney Opera house.....yea, i'm pretty sure no one here is gonna get that reference, but i felt like using it anyways.

Kazuko

thread necroooo~

Man I have been dabbling in this cloverfield and it does look very interesting to watch

I know on wikipedia there have been some things about the film such as it being like the blair witch project

perhaps the cloverfield monster wont be shown till the end?

I know that the film makers wanted to keep the movie to not be leaked on to the internet such as the monster and all that jazz

If you translate the recipie for the picture of the chef, its in japanese which it recalls sprinkling something with the crab six times.

lulz this is amazing

Jerry

"OMG look its a giant Crabs ! "

From the trailer I saw, so there's a big one probably walking/strolling around NYC and smaller ones/parasite like things infecting people.

the was a girl that looked semi zombie-ish with the pale skin and random blood splatters on her face, but she could have been in shock from other random diasters.

As for a gathering and if anyone is serious about it, you may want to move or start a new thread over in the gatherings section.

I'm still a maybe, but if enough ppl go, I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Funny how all mosters just want to destroy NYC.

wheres the love for the west coast? sheesh we only got the SF Goldent Gate Bridge being ruined by Mutants (Xmen3)

I wonder why Monsters dont like SF?  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

because they'll get shot.

joke aside, I'm still up for this flick when it comes out(which is actually close to 3 weeks away,IIRC).

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 27, 2007, 10:33:05 PM
because they'll get shot.

joke aside, I'm still up for this flick when it comes out(which is actually close to 3 weeks away,IIRC).

well, we can make it a gathering out of it. something to start the new year anyway lol.

I'm curious about this movie as well. Part of me says that this is a reinvention of the chtulu mythos, but that's just me.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Shinsengumi

I really want to check out this movie, I can't wait.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).