Team Fortress 2 gathering ?

Started by clawmaster, November 06, 2007, 11:24:50 AM

mDuo13

Oh man, I totally hope there are a lot of TF2 cosplayers at Fanime. That'd be beyond awesome.

clawmaster

I be there as Engineer. I am 70% done. Like i said in the gaming thread i post up pictures when i get more stuff done with it.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

bahkibulle

Woo, I've been so busy gathering stuff for Pyro that I haven't had time to visit the forums!

Anyway, I still have a lot to do, spray paint to buy, and flamethrower to assemble (too bad I won't be able to shoot any sort of flame, real or not).

Speaking of the flamethrower, it took me FOREVER just to find something to make the tank (attached propane tank) out of. The ones I found were either too big or too small. I didn't want to make the thing out of paper or craft foam (I wanted the thing to be durable: If it set it on the ground, it won't collapse, hopefully). I was about to lose hope when, lo and behold, yesterday I found a huge tub of MUSCLE MAX! in the recycling bin! (don't worry, I cleaned it out and everything). It's a bit short, so I'm hoping to elongate it somehow. But that'll come later. I bought a gas nozzle as well. Unfortunately, it's a bit small in comparison to the one shown ingame. I'll just make do with this for the upcoming con; by the time next year comes along, I'll be finished with a bigger and more accurate gas nozzle.

I also found out that the gloves I have are a bit too short, about four/five inches short of the elbow. I'm hoping to just add some yellow rubber (from yellow gloves or something) to make it longer.

Making the mask= HUGE bucket of fail. I tried making the mask out of pleather/upholestry vinyl and broke three needles at the tip and bent two in the middle. So I just decided to trash the thing and buy a gp-5 on ebay instead.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on how to stay cool during the con? Besides staying inside, drinking a billion gallons of water, not moving, fans, or evaporative/phase change vests (these are very expensive! ):< )? I'm going to be wearing full body suits/armor with helmets/masks for the next million fanimes/conventions to come, and it's going to get extremely hot.

Quote from: clawmaster on April 14, 2008, 09:20:33 AM
I be there as Engineer. I am 70% done. Like i said in the gaming thread i post up pictures when i get more stuff done with it.

Can you also put up photos here too as opposed to just the gaming thread? Some of us don't venture/explore the boards much.