0 (0%)
all of the above
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Mordyan

As per request:

Quote from: Jerry on November 06, 2007, 10:25:32 AM
A Seussical !!?!?! *googles it*

Hey thats pretty awesome for the holidays.

Hey Mordyan, despite being about 3+ hours away please start a thread and maybe we'll make a separate gathering for it!

I'm sorting on this new 'fix' for theatre and stuff (yes I used to be a Thespian myself ^_^ ) so if you dont mind random fani-mafia members going to your show that sounds like a great idea.

I am opening up the idea for a northern adventure. I am acting in the musical Seussical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seussical) from November 16th through Dec 8th. The performances are Thursdays 7:00 pm, Fridays and Saturdays 8:00 pm, and Sundays at 2:00 pm. Tickets are $15 (thurs/sun) an $18 (fri/sat) with discounts for students.

This is a community theater production but I feel it will be a good one. I am playing a Who and also General Ghengis Khan Schmitz and get to sing and dance my way through a bit of the show.

Depending on what day we can also grab a bite to eat. Also my place would be available for random entertainment, including Wii, Anime, board games (Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Arkham (a Cthulu board game), Munchkin, Ninja Burger, etc.), or just hanging out. I have limited floor space but if anyone want to "rough" it they are also welcome to stay.

I know its a long trip but let me know if anyone is interested and we can pick a date.

Chloe

Whoo hoo! Go Mordyan~ I knew you had that Thespian blood in you.  You're always "acting" like a weirdo at Fanime, and I could totally tell you were putting up that act.... Weren't you? lol.  j/k. :P 

So, anyways, I'd love to come see your play, I was a Drama student in HS and love plays.  Especially satirical ones. XD

I'll let you know about my schedule when you guys choose a date.  I'm most likely going to be free from November 16 - November 28. D:
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

gmontem

I'm interested as long if it's not on Dec 1 and Dec 8.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Mordyan on November 06, 2007, 03:39:45 PM
I am opening up the idea for a northern adventure.

How far North are we talking?  Where is this at?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Kazuko

lol north as in sacramentoes?

I never knew there was a seuissical!

~~Loktera~~

If I can get a ride. I will be more than glad to go.

I've seen your acting ability at ren-faire, if you can stay in character that long, I'd like to see you on stage :3
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on November 06, 2007, 05:29:43 PM
Quote from: Mordyan on November 06, 2007, 03:39:45 PM
I am opening up the idea for a northern adventure.

How far North are we talking?  Where is this at?

Ukiah is where he lives.

To Mordyan: This sounds interesting. Put me down as a yes and since I love road trips...hehehe
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mordyan

As mentioned I live in Ukiah which is about 3 hours (I can make it in  2 hours 45 minutes) north from San Jose on highway 101. You basically drive to San Francisco and then go across the Golden Gate Bridge and keep heading north.

Ukiah is a city of about 10-15 thousand. There is no mall, though we do have some big name department stores. And within the last year we finally got a Gamestop! Sadly there are no anime shops. And the local book store doesn't carry much manga (I don't think they know what to order...). There are also several Asian restaurants within walking distance from my house... some of them are even good. ;)

So yeah its a long ride. I was thinking the Sunday might work out best for people since its a two o'clock show. You could get here by lunch and then leave before it gets to late. Otherwise I am up for Saturday night as well. As I said, people are more than welcome to grab some floor space.

I'll probably open up a poll if there is enough interest.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Mordyan on November 06, 2007, 11:07:46 PM
As mentioned I live in Ukiah which is about 3 hours (I can make it in  2 hours 45 minutes) north from San Jose on highway 101. You basically drive to San Francisco and then go across the Golden Gate Bridge and keep heading north.

Ukiah is a city of about 10-15 thousand. There is no mall, though we do have some big name department stores. And within the last year we finally got a Gamestop! Sadly there are no anime shops. And the local book store doesn't carry much manga (I don't think they know what to order...). There are also several Asian restaurants within walking distance from my house... some of them are even good. ;)

So yeah its a long ride. I was thinking the Sunday might work out best for people since its a two o'clock show. You could get here by lunch and then leave before it gets to late. Otherwise I am up for Saturday night as well. As I said, people are more than welcome to grab some floor space.

I'll probably open up a poll if there is enough interest.

saturday works for me best and the 8 p.m showing on that day is cool by me. Now the thing is, what date? and are you sure you're going to let people use your house and have a sleep over? I'm down with that idea as well, since it's 3 hrs from where I live. I say go for it man lol

Kazuko

Well put me down as a MAYBE, I really want to see Seussical! I will bring my friend Muriel =) we both love Dr. Seuss

Mordyan

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on November 06, 2007, 11:10:01 PM
saturday works for me best and the 8 p.m showing on that day is cool by me. Now the thing is, what date? and are you sure you're going to let people use your house and have a sleep over? I'm down with that idea as well, since it's 3 hrs from where I live. I say go for it man lol

I don't mind at all. Like I said I have a small place (studio sized) but I have had parties with 15-20 people, though I can't sleep more than about 6 on the floor unless you are real friendly. I don't expect a large turn out though, so it shouldn't be a problem if thats what people decide.

I can also check on room rates for people. There are a couple motels within walking distance that are reasonable as well as several bigger chain hotels within a five minute drive.

Either way people can hang out here before and after the show.

Mordyan

Quote from: Kazuko on November 06, 2007, 11:20:35 PM
Well put me down as a MAYBE, I really want to see Seussical! I will bring my friend Muriel =) we both love Dr. Seuss

That would be cool. It will be a shorter trip for you I think. You are in the east bay right?

Jerry

YES!  We'll Have to draw out some ideas, maps and an adventure strategy...

I'm up for either a Sat Night (8PM) or a Sunday Matinee (2PM) showing.
I'll drag (you know you are) in my car and we'll go from there

W00t I know a 'Dr. Suess' Who
how awesome is that.

Best wishes during pre and post production and definately break a leg.
Just same me green eggs and ham.
8) Word.

oh and other FYI's ill probably need to know:
Prices of tickets?
Assigned seating?
Did I read Sleepover? (Max of 6 guests or really (noise friendly)ppl?)

Directions to Theatre or your home (by pm of course)
Contact info (by Pm)
Could I get your autograph before or after your famous? :D

eh more details as this gathering develops...

news @ 11  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mordyan

Quote from: Jerry on November 07, 2007, 01:40:02 PM
oh and other FYI's ill probably need to know:
Prices of tickets?
Satuday $18 ($15 student) Sunday $15 ($12 student)
Assigned seating?
Yes. The theater seats 130. We can reserve your tickets and you can pay for them the day of the show.
Did I read Sleepover? (Max of 6 guests or really (noise friendly)ppl?)
Yes if desired. I have a small place and there are no extra couches or anything like that. You will have to provide a mat for the floor and a sleeping bag. Due to space limitations I can only sleep probably 6 people comfortably (unless they like to snuggle).
Directions to Theatre or your home (by pm of course)
Contact info (by Pm)
I will be happy to provide both to whomever is coming. The theater is only 5 minutes away from my house.
Could I get your autograph before or after your famous? :D
Sure. One day it might even be worth... one whole dollar! ;D

LadyKaren

Woot! Go Northerns!
...Even though I'm now a southern...

If I'm not working, I'll come. I can always crash at my parent's house on the way back.

RyuHayabusa

I guess I'll take a look around and see if I can get a cheap motel room for the night. If anyone wants to crash with me, be my guest. I'll sneak you in :3

Jerry

Let see...

now we need to decide on dates unless we're goin on separate occasions...

So possible dates:

Sunday Nov. 17th Matinee show (2PM)

Hey show still playing Thanks giving weekend? (Nov 24 8PM show
or 25th 2PM show)? I'm probably free that weekend...

I'm NOT available weekend of Nov 30, Dec 1-2 because of tenative plans to be in LA/Disneyland.

Otherwise that least the last show which is Dec 8th 8PM. After show party i would think....  :P

Anyone's 2 cents?

We'd better crank out some ideas soon.

Man the holidays are rushing up father than I thought.
I still need ideas for a mini xmas tree this year.

gmontem

I don't intend to sleep over so it would have to be a Sunday for me.    I vote for Nov 25.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Mordyan

I have added a poll.

The first Saturday, Nov. 17th is pre-booked and not available to the general public. And the last Saturday, Dec. 8th is strike and cast party, so I wouldn't be able to hang out afterwards.

Jerry

so far im planning to go saturday nite (11/24), probably taking along my twin.

if you could PM contact details.

and I just realize I never gotz the real name.

nowadays I always go by board names  ::)

silly me.