Fanime Age Limit?

Started by AnimeEmperor, November 06, 2007, 11:35:56 PM

AnimeEmperor

I've been contacted by a seven year old boy who wants to attend the convention, but doesn't know if there is an age limit to be allowed in alone. I've never heard of one, but of course I can't think of a reason I would have heard of one seeing as I am not a seven year old boy. I checked the site and I can't find anything about it, so I wanted to check the place where all the smart people hang out........that's you guys.

So...anyone know?

BrightHeart76

My knee jerk reaction is "of course he's welcome but he needs a gaurdian".  Kids that age can get hurt / lost QUICK (I speak from experience...don't ask).  But the only RULE I know of that would cause him a problem is the ID issue when getting registration.  If the kid's with a guardian with an ID I think they're ok, but on their own I don't know how they'll handle the government issued ID requirement.

I'm not staff so I don't know all of the rules, hopefully they'll have more insight.  Here's hoping for the best...whatever that may be.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Spiritsnare

IIRC, he counts as "child" - that's age 10 and below - and thus he needs a guardian to be with him at all times.

On the flip side, he gets a free badge (to match the one his guardian's going to be paying for).
epic progressive

vox

AnimeEmperor