Lolita Ouji Picnic 2008- Please sign up this year!-POTLUCK

Started by Lizchan33, November 08, 2007, 12:13:40 AM

Lizchan33

Rowan

:3 I'll come. Hopefully I'll have enough time to make sweets or something this time around.

Lizchan33

Quote from: Rowan on December 11, 2007, 03:00:38 PM
:3 I'll come. Hopefully I'll have enough time to make sweets or something this time around.
done and done :3

Lizchan33

Rowan

Lizchan33

Rowan

Ari

Lol i know i said i would go last year and that got thrown into the dirt due to the fact that i had a whole army attached to my hip but since i now have money and less to worry about with school i think i may be able to go this year. I plan on participating in a lot of convention panels and stuff. :D I can bring food or make some cookies or something.

Lizchan33

Quote from: Ari on January 15, 2008, 08:10:03 PM
Lol i know i said i would go last year and that got thrown into the dirt due to the fact that i had a whole army attached to my hip but since i now have money and less to worry about with school i think i may be able to go this year. I plan on participating in a lot of convention panels and stuff. :D I can bring food or make some cookies or something.
Sounds like good news!!!
I'll be super busy at fanime, between working at a couple booths, running a panel and the picnic, and also volenteering..... @_@
But yeah.... I'll add you to the list : D

Tur713

I'll try to make it again. I was with the group who did the Alice in Wonderlad theme last year. ;D

Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

Lizchan33

Quote from: Tur713 on January 16, 2008, 12:15:13 AM
I'll try to make it again. I was with the group who did the Alice in Wonderlad theme last year. ;D

yay : D
added to the list~!

ohayo_sunshine

I would love to go but I'm DEFINITELY not sure of my cosplay-making skills.
Can anyone help a newbie on how to make a lolita dress?

Lizchan33

Quote from: ohayo_sunshine on January 16, 2008, 03:41:02 PM
It would be easier for you to purchase it from Fan+Friend than to make one. They are fairly cheap and do cosplay items as well.
Keep in mind Lolita is NOT cosplay. It is a fashion style not a costume.
Most lolita outfits are hard to make and I speak from experience.

ohayo_sunshine

Quote from: Lizchan33 on January 16, 2008, 03:43:52 PM
It would be easier for you to purchase it from Fan+Friend than to make one. They are fairly cheap and do cosplay items as well.
Thank you for catching that. Sorry, I'm pretty new to this kind of thing.

Lizchan33

Quote from: ohayo_sunshine on January 16, 2008, 07:41:48 PM
Quote from: Lizchan33 on January 16, 2008, 03:43:52 PM
Thank you for catching that. Sorry, I'm pretty new to this kind of thing.
It's ok.... we learn something new everyday!
But if you look at the Fan+Friend site you can find something cute... you'd have to purchase it now if you want it before the con though.
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-New-Arrivals/Categories
If you want to look realllly lolita, find a pettycoat (pannier) to go under the dress and give it poof.

fold

paul and i went last year, and while he has written you and already informed, he and i will be attending again this year and are looking forward to it with great anticipation.

on a somewhat related note, should i get off my lazy bum, i will be selling my own lolita dresses this year at the swap meet, along with onigiri. hopefully they will be between 60 and 90 dollars and will include accessories, such as tiny top hats which i enjoy making so:) so if you are new to loli, and want to look for a few elegant pieces, stop by, in fact if you're going to wear it to the picnic, i'll give you a discount ;)

Fold
are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...

Nepty

I would really love to join in the fun! It would be my first time at a lolita picnic ^^;; and if I have time I would like to bring tea and mini cakes <3

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nepty on January 17, 2008, 09:33:11 PM
I would really love to join in the fun! It would be my first time at a lolita picnic ^^;; and if I have time I would like to bring tea and mini cakes <3
That sounds lovely!!!
Make sure to let me know closer to the date if you are still bringing extra treats~!

@Fold:
Yes Paul and I have talked!
I'm glad to hear you will be selling some items at the swap meet!
I take it the picnic will be on Sunday in definitely then eh? ; D

Ari

fold

are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...