Artist Alley 2008

Started by slifertheskydragon, November 10, 2007, 11:23:26 AM

slifertheskydragon

Anyone know how or when we sign up for a table?

That and also where do I get a seller's permit?

And anyone who's been an artist at artist alley know how that works? Do you stay at your table all day? (I wanna go to panels too... >_>)

cassiesillustrations

I know what you mean, this is the same info I've been waiting for as well. I'm pretty sure though that any info on the artisit's alley will be posted on the news page when it does come around, especially when it comes to a list. ^^

phoenixphire24

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on November 10, 2007, 11:23:26 AM

And anyone who's been an artist at artist alley know how that works? Do you stay at your table all day? (I wanna go to panels too... >_>)

This the website for the Board of Equalization which has info on the seller's permit. You can print out the form from the site and mail it in or you can go to one of the field offices. Going in person means you'll have it that day; mail takes 2-3 weeks.
http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm

The registration form for the table is up on the boards.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Scratch what I had posted here before if you had read it. I just saw the other post for the AA and it covered my questions

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on November 10, 2007, 11:23:26 AM

Re: Last question :P

You don't have to stay at your table all day! You can even only stay for a few hours or even a few minutes (although that would be a waste :P )! If you want to go places, just have a friend/tablemate/table neighbor watch your table for you. Most people don't mind helping you out if you want to leave for food, panels, gatherings, etc. :] If you're willing to watch tables for others too, it'd probably be good to set up a sort of "you watch my table, I'll watch yours" deal with your table neighbors~

Hope that answered your question! 8D
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

tasan84

Yea, I'm also trying to figure things out since this my first time selling prints at the Artist Alley. And I really want to get a table. ^^;

I have a question about the permit. How long does it last because I'm worried about after I apply for a temporary permit as proof for table registration.

I pre-registered while I was this year's Fanime, and the only proof for full convention pass is a copy of my receipt, does that count?

Chloe

Tasan: When you register for a temporary permit, you'll be asked from (Start Date) to (End Date) you will be selling your products.  So, you can start from Thursday to Monday (Just in case you want to do it all of the days).  Once you pass the end date, you will be asked to file a tax thingy before sometime in June... (Can't remember)

So, you shouldn't need to worry, 'cause it's my first year too. :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Chloe on December 17, 2007, 11:00:48 PM
Tasan: When you register for a temporary permit, you'll be asked from (Start Date) to (End Date) you will be selling your products.  So, you can start from Thursday to Monday (Just in case you want to do it all of the days).  Once you pass the end date, you will be asked to file a tax thingy before sometime in June... (Can't remember)

how hard is it to file the tax bit before June for those who are not CA residents?

Chloe

Dunno, once I got my documents I didn't bother to look at them. P: 

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on December 18, 2007, 02:41:43 PM

how hard is it to file the tax bit before June for those who are not CA residents?

My tax return form has a due date of June 30th, not before June.  That's plenty of time to mail it in no matter what state you live in, so it's all good. :3

BunofGovt

I have another question, at the bottom of the contract is a space for the Artist's signature and printed name, and then a space for FanimeCon signature and printed name.  I assume that the Artist's name is my own name, and the FanimeCon name is the name I registered under?  In this instance, Chibi Lung a Pov is the name I always use on my con badges (well, mostly) so would that be my FanimeCon signature?

Thanks for making this clear to me  ???
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: BunofGovt on December 20, 2007, 08:33:26 PM
I have another question, at the bottom of the contract is a space for the Artist's signature and printed name, and then a space for FanimeCon signature and printed name.  I assume that the Artist's name is my own name, and the FanimeCon name is the name I registered under?  In this instance, Chibi Lung a Pov is the name I always use on my con badges (well, mostly) so would that be my FanimeCon signature?

Thanks for making this clear to me  ???

I think like last year's (laboriously long) contract, ultimately it's supposed to be co-signed by a Fanime representative.  Though I never got a cosigned copy back, so I'm not really sure why they kept that there. I just left it blank and sent it in.

BunofGovt

Ah!  Okay, then, now to put it in the mail with all of the holiday post so it gets delayed or lost somewheres ...  ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

tasan84

Thanks for the response! I'm just in the process of trying to figure out how to fill out the seller's permit application. It's a little confusing. ^^;

Chloe

Quote from: tasan84 on December 30, 2007, 08:39:55 PM

Thanks for the response! I'm just in the process of trying to figure out how to fill out the seller's permit application. It's a little confusing. ^^;

The one link for the Seller's Permit app that's in the Sticky Artist Alley Thread is a bit confusing... Like, it's sorta meant more for those who are applying for a permanent permit (it has the option for temp, bu it's more confusing).  There is a TEMPORARY PERMIT form that has less information you need to fill out, so if that makes things easier for you, you could check that out too here: http://www.creationent.com/cal/ca_vendor_permit.pdf.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Chloe on December 30, 2007, 11:07:42 PM
The one link for the Seller's Permit app that's in the Sticky Artist Alley Thread is a bit confusing... Like, it's sorta meant more for those who are applying for a permanent permit (it has the option for temp, bu it's more confusing).  There is a TEMPORARY PERMIT form that has less information you need to fill out, so if that makes things easier for you, you could check that out too here: http://www.creationent.com/cal/ca_vendor_permit.pdf.

I'm just a bit worried since the form is not listed on the Board of Equalizaiton website and looks like a 2003 revision, so it could be old.  Though it does seem to have all the important information.  Have you tried it out?

Chloe

Quote from: Aya Brea X on December 31, 2007, 12:43:32 AM
Quote from: Chloe on December 30, 2007, 11:07:42 PM

I'm just a bit worried since the form is not listed on the Board of Equalizaiton website and looks like a 2003 revision, so it could be old.  Though it does seem to have all the important information.  Have you tried it out?

Yeah, I used this to get my Temp. Permit, and everything was fine.  I just filled it out as I normally would, and I got my permit right then and there. 

It was much simpler than the other version that was given to us, and was much more easier to understand. D:

Chloe

Don't mean to double post... But, I got another question:

I'm selling keychains this year for AA, but since this is my first time, I'm unsure as to how many I should be making.  I was thinking like 50 copies a character, but I'm not even sure how much is too much or too little.

Anyone here have experience in knowing a good ratio of keychains to be made?  I know it depends on the popularity of the character and all, but I don't wanna run out during the con...  D:

sunrise-oasis

TO be honset I might ask for 50 to begin..becuase your registering for the entire weekend right????

also if your want a small help heres a link from the other forums....

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8365.0.html
THis is how I signed mines..hopefully it will be much easier for you....

Im having huge problems right now with my items for sale..I really want to sell keyblades (props) but fanime will not due to copyright infringment!.  It kinda not makes sense when you think about it as these keyblades are not associated with kingdom hearts because the shape is not like the ones from the games...its just..a FAN keyblade!!! thats it O_O!...

AND SPARE ME THE BULLSH!T, i already had enough with one person that I cann't sell them! and I know I cannot sell them!
I wonder how smart they are really if I can do sell one blade at fanime!!!

still, I suggest start with 25 or 50 at the most..but if its per Character..then start with 25..er...wait how many characters do you have O_O!?????because if its mroe than 10 then its too much >_<! to make!!! unless you can endure it:o!!

Chloe

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 10, 2008, 09:09:51 PM
TO be honset I might ask for 50 to begin..becuase your registering for the entire weekend right????

also if your want a small help heres a link from the other forums....

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8365.0.html
THis is how I signed mines..hopefully it will be much easier for you....

Im having huge problems right now with my items for sale..I really want to sell keyblades (props) but fanime will not due to copyright infringment!.  It kinda not makes sense when you think about it as these keyblades are not associated with kingdom hearts because the shape is not like the ones from the games...its just..a FAN keyblade!!! thats it O_O!...

AND SPARE ME THE BULLSH!T, i already had enough with one person that I cann't sell them! and I know I cannot sell them!
I wonder how smart they are really if I can do sell one blade at fanime!!!

still, I suggest start with 25 or 50 at the most..but if its per Character..then start with 25..er...wait how many characters do you have O_O!?????because if its mroe than 10 then its too much >_<! to make!!! unless you can endure it:o!!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think for a popular character, maybe 40.  And for a so-so character, maybe 15-20.  I'm going to be making alot, so I just need to plan things out... lol.  Thanks again! :3