Photography Studio?

Started by KamijoIsLove, November 10, 2007, 11:06:02 PM

KamijoIsLove

I'm a total newbie to cons, but as there is a large number of cosplaying (and a bunch of wonderful costumes last year), I was wondering this, if it hasn't been done already.

But perhaps a professional photography studio could be hired, and be made available somewhere in the complex, so that cosplayers or the like could get professional quality prints or pictures taken of them in their full costumes, and in groups and artistic poses and the like?

I didn't know if this was already something that was around; I didn't see it last year (my first time), so I was just throwing that out there.

Braveheart

Quote from: KamijoIsLove on November 10, 2007, 11:06:02 PM
I'm a total newbie to cons, but as there is a large number of cosplaying (and a bunch of wonderful costumes last year), I was wondering this, if it hasn't been done already.

But perhaps a professional photography studio could be hired, and be made available somewhere in the complex, so that cosplayers or the like could get professional quality prints or pictures taken of them in their full costumes, and in groups and artistic poses and the like?

I didn't know if this was already something that was around; I didn't see it last year (my first time), so I was just throwing that out there.

I know one independent photographer who just happens to be a member of Con staff. He will be photographing the events mainly musicfest but he also does some cosplay as well. He may be available for contracted photo sessions.

http://www.derekshawphoto.com/
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

Eurobeat King

I started to do private photoshoots at Fanime this year, and since I really like the areas around the convention center and the weather was good that weekend, I might do more in 2008.  If I do, look for the thread on cosplay.com in the Fanime section around the beginning of April. :)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

yamaneko

Well, I usually roam around and take pics, but it might be nice to have a room set aside for just taking pictures. ;D dA kicks.
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)