Fanime Artist Alley 08

Started by Evode, November 11, 2007, 09:51:11 PM

bluessence

Anybody received emails about registration confirmations yet?  It sure would be nice to know..

Aya Brea X

I got an e-mail a couple of days ago telling me a confirmation will come soon, but not the confirmation itself. ;_;

Chloe

Quote from: Aya Brea X on February 07, 2008, 11:35:37 PM
I got an e-mail a couple of days ago telling me a confirmation will come soon, but not the confirmation itself. ;_;

Same... 

Has anyone got alot of things done yet?  We may be having to rush things since May is around the corner. D:
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

BunofGovt

!!!! Don't remind me!  I've only got part of what I wanted to sell ready.  I want to start panicking now.  :o
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Oniko

really starting to worry about my paper work and check....
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

ph1shf00d

Quote from: Chloe on February 08, 2008, 11:45:53 AM

Same... 

Has anyone got alot of things done yet?  We may be having to rush things since May is around the corner. D:

HAHAHA OH WOW.  I FAIL SO HARD.

...No D: Haven't started, and now that you mention it, I really do need to get going... Hopefully I'll  be able to start on my digital art by this month. 

I'm so retarded, though.  I've been making list after list of what I'm going to be bringing to the convention, but haven't started on any of it XD

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Oniko on February 10, 2008, 11:05:01 AM
really starting to worry about my paper work and check....
May need to get started..I think there was a total of 40-60 tables!...well sorta XD..there should be enough room but its best to get it really really quick!!!!

What i was hoping for *that would be a nice idea* (besides selling fanart and ideas) would be selling made up supplies so other people can use it..

I was thinking of making a special Shikishi board but I don't know if anyone would be interested on buying!... (translation:: I made a shikishi board using a special ply paper and rice paper combined, then used a plastic tape (colored metal plastic shimmer tape) and then wrap it up in designs. its an idea though but i was wondering if people might ran out of supplies... that reminds me. is asking/loaning a part of supplies illegal? (I know loaning electicity is illegal -_-...)

ip136

Same... 

I got an email saying that those who registered at the con will have the map soon, but no specific time. :) At least we know the ball is rolling~

And I have started things, but no where near as much as I would like. X_x Yeah... I can see myself madly putting buttons together before the convention...
Clicky my Art Pwease?

savagesparrow

Are there still tables? I kinda forgot to check back here (which was kinda absentminded on my part ^^;; ) so I don't want to get the permit and register and all that jazz only to find out there are no tables left. I haven't seen any sold out signs, but at the same time it helps to be sure=)

--sparrow

sunrise-oasis

Depending on tables..I recall there are AT LEAST 40-60 tales!. AT LEAT 40-60 tables...so knowing the people who are registering the tables are from either the bay area (or around the outside area of the bay) PLUS some deviant art artists..so knowing them i THINK we should have at leat 2/3 of tables full...so by the time it hit march i don't think there are going to be tables left!......

are you really interetested on selling work, i really recommend to do iT! otherwise it will be too late >_<!....
if you miss your chance then theres always swapmeet...however theres a line for, first come, first serve!!!! and the spaces are kinda limit to 40 people!~..i think...40 O_O!.....since there was a chunk for arcade as well!These are assumptions anyway but for artist alley I was pretty sure there was like 40-60 tables total!

tasan84

Same... 

I already send my information through priority mail last week, so I'm expecting to receive anything about confirmation. So far, I haven't gotten anything. :( I just hope that I get a table.

As for progress, I'm about halfway done with my bookmarks, planing on working on three more prints, brainstorming on the keychains and button designs. I'm trying to get all artwork done by end of Marc at least til the beginning part of April. Plus, balancing schoolwork along with it. @_@ Debating whether of not I should have the keychains and bookmarks laminated.

I'm just worried about setting up templates for the bookmarks since I'm going to get this printed at: Catprint.bz I met of the AA artists from Fanime last year and she said that they're really cheap on prints, bookmarks, etc. ^_^

sunrise-oasis

OMFG.never mind...i just found out something...5/16/08 is the final day to pre-registered for tables.... just found this out now...but the pre-register for 50 dollars is the end of march 31st then it wil raise to 55.........

AND IM STILL WAITING A RESPONSE from fanime T_T...if its taking this long (already pass 2 weeks and not one word) i assume that tables might be full already O_O.....
WHICH im hoping not T_T!!!!, anyone got a response from them about confirming a table? if so how long it took you?

Aya Brea X

Quote from: tasan84 on February 13, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

Same... 

I already send my information through priority mail last week, so I'm expecting to receive anything about confirmation. So far, I haven't gotten anything. :( I just hope that I get a table.

I sent mine last December and I haven't gotten a reply yet.  Last year the table registering didn't really get rolling until March/April. 

jAded

i received an email that they have received my check and my info for the table (copy of seller's permit, art alley contract, id? ). i'm assuming that's confirmation enough that they got my stuff. the check has yet to be cashed (i've not seen in it in my files) and i sent my stuff at the beginning of december. so good to all who are currently waiting and those who are wanting to get a table.

sunrise-oasis

Great -_-! then that means im still in the waiting list.....
Im hoping my mail arrived to them otherwise im going to be sooo upset >_<!!!!!

Chloe

Quote from: tasan84 on February 13, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

Same... 

As for progress, I'm about halfway done with my bookmarks, planing on working on three more prints, brainstorming on the keychains and button designs. I'm trying to get all artwork done by end of Marc at least til the beginning part of April. Plus, balancing schoolwork along with it. @_@ Debating whether of not I should have the keychains and bookmarks laminated.

I'm just worried about setting up templates for the bookmarks since I'm going to get this printed at: Catprint.bz I met of the AA artists from Fanime last year and she said that they're really cheap on prints, bookmarks, etc. ^_^

Yeah, my due date is around your date too...  You need a lot of time to consider the making time of the keychains and stuff.  It's going to be tough, but it looks like we both are managing well. 

Heh heh, well, Lamination always makes things all clean and sleek. D:

Never heard of them.  How much are they charging you?
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Aya Brea X

Quote from: jAded on February 15, 2008, 10:10:34 AM
i received an email that they have received my check and my info for the table (copy of seller's permit, art alley contract, id? ). i'm assuming that's confirmation enough that they got my stuff. the check has yet to be cashed (i've not seen in it in my files) and i sent my stuff at the beginning of december. so good to all who are currently waiting and those who are wanting to get a table.
;_;  I sent my stuff early December also and still have not heard from staff.

Bebichu

Quote from: Aya Brea X on February 15, 2008, 07:50:46 PM
;_;  I sent my stuff early December also and still have not heard from staff.

Yeah. You're not the only one. ;_;

Evode

Hello Artists.~
We have good news!
As most of you have already said some e-mails were sent out about soon to be sent confirmation e-mails.
One of our staff members became ill recently and the task is being re-distributed to other staff members currently. We hope to have it sorted out and confirmation e-mails sent out very soon.
More good news, tables will most likely be available for picking in the confirmation e-mail.
So be sure to check your e-mails. <3

ip136

Quote from: Evode on February 16, 2008, 11:33:13 PM
Hello Artists.~
We have good news!
As most of you have already said some e-mails were sent out about soon to be sent confirmation e-mails.
One of our staff members became ill recently and the task is being re-distributed to other staff members currently. We hope to have it sorted out and confirmation e-mails sent out very soon.
More good news, tables will most likely be available for picking in the confirmation e-mail.
So be sure to check your e-mails. <3

So to make sure.. those of us who signed-up last convention will be receiving a confirmation e-mail as well if the table layout will be in the email?
Clicky my Art Pwease?