Fanime Artist Alley 08

Started by Evode, November 11, 2007, 09:51:11 PM

ip136

mer.. I just think that ASAP is far too ambiguous of a term. As Soon As Possible for us, might not be for them. We are not sure what else they are trying to get together. They may be in the back end trying to get as many tables as possible, or figure out a better table layout or something.  I wouldn't say they are not doing a good job, or anything though. They may just be behind. I'm as frustrated as the next artist...It would just be nice for them to come in and say as to what is holding them up, other than being busy or 'behind', ya know? As in.. what is making them behind? A lot of registrations, another department giving a final ok? What?
Clicky my Art Pwease?

sunrise-oasis

nope, they are'nt doing a good job....3 of my friends (who are volunteer)s are in a WTF mood, and is waiting orders from the other Admins.

THEY already made the table assignments already (just read the past posts i made regaarding how the table layout is going to be), they wont change their layout. I already talked to one of the head admin of the art alley....

I think something happened..and I hope they can fixed this..
also The reason why I am still upset is not because of The technical problems but fearing that Fanime is no longer going to be an anime fan service but more of a business making TERM!....WHICH IS A VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!! jtaf did it, AOD done it..and I am certainly fanime might be....!!!!

imoto

Hay Artists
This is Stacy the AA Head this year
i just wanted to give you guys an offical update/apology

as far as confirming they your all registered
as most of you know all your contracts go to HR and Finances first
and this year afiew things had to be changed around and were working out the kinks
we are very sorry but we are not getting your information in a timley fashion because of backups in the office and me and my staff are working as hard as we can to get things to you

as far as the seating chart
in out hall we have other events that have to be cordinated
all i am waiting on is the ok from the other events and afiew other minor kinks
after that the seating chart will be sent around in the order in witch we have receved all your info

once agian
i am very sorry that we have had a bumpy ride (agian) this year
but be assured that we are doing everything in our power to make things move smoothley
thanks for reading
~Stacy
AA Head

imoto

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on March 05, 2008, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: Oniko on February 27, 2008, 07:51:58 AM
Quote from: ewu on February 25, 2008, 07:40:41 PM
e-mail artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom....we'll check for you
I'll try again, but I did that in Jan and all they could tell me was things were slow and they couldnt tell me.  But I guess I'll give it another shot.

I got a response that they are still doing it and already finished assigning 10 people for their tables!!!
whats going on ?

this is wrong information
we will start seating this coming week
thank you
~Stacy AA Head

imoto

Hay agian
this is your friendy AA Head saying we just started to send the seating chart around
people who paid at con last year will get it first then we will go buy when the office recived your contracts
please bear with us/me theres alot going on and we will continue to do our best
thanks
~Stacy

poftd

Hey there, I would like to know if I should just resend my info, because it's been a long time, and no one has told me if they've even received it yet. I'm starting to fear that it was quite simply lost. I've emailed [email protected] to ask to check up for me, but have received no response.

Waugh frustrating. D:

Also, if I am part of a group of artists most of whom have already regged @ con (and have gotten the seating charts and all), can I still get a table with the group, even though my info has been delayed?

ip136

Thank you for the information, Stacy. I had a feeling it was probably a hold-up on someone's end.

I'll keep an eye on my inbox for the email. If I do not receive it by a certain time, should I try to contact you guys?
Clicky my Art Pwease?

asterisk*

similar to ip136, my group had registered at the convention last year.
i will also keep an eye out for the table-seatings, but as ip136 said, if we do not receive it in a certain time frame, should we e-mail the AA staff confirming the status?

thanks.
---
no hope no future; life is just awesome
http://nhnf.deviantart.com
---

imoto

i am hoping to get everyone who paid at con seated by the end of next week
the end of the week after that at the latest ((4/4))

as for people who have registered after con
we are going to get as maney peole seated as we can befor the con
i dont have a defanant cutoff date yet but there will be an announcament made soon about it

i hope this help you guys some
i am really sorry this year got alittle out of my hands
first time as the head ^^;;

thanks a bunch
~ Stacy
AA Head

tasan84

Quote from: imoto on March 20, 2008, 10:49:42 PM
i am hoping to get everyone who paid at con seated by the end of next week
the end of the week after that at the latest ((4/4))

as for people who have registered after con
we are going to get as maney peole seated as we can befor the con
i dont have a defanant cutoff date yet but there will be an announcament made soon about it

i hope this help you guys some
i am really sorry this year got alittle out of my hands
first time as the head ^^;;

thanks a bunch
~ Stacy
AA Head

I'm sure hope so before the table prices go up. I'm currently checking my mail everyday to see if I gotten a table.

ramy

For people who registered after the con for a table, if we don't get seated before the con, how will we go about choosing the tables once we get to the con? Will there be some sort of line, first come first serve, etc.?

misosoupaddict

I second ramy's question, how is the seating going to work if not everyone is assigned before the con? I sure as hell don't want to be seated in some dark corner while a last-minute registerer gets a prime spot. (no matter how much i like the dark, lol vampire)
It can't be that hard, can it? I could do it, during college finals even. But i think it's really miscommunication that's the problem, huh?
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

foreverblueskies

I just got the mass e-mail saying I've been confirmed registered for a table.  But I won't be able to make it there on Friday when the Con starts because I have to work and am in Sacramento.  I don't want to have my table accidently taken by a last minute registerer because I won't be there the first day.

tasan84

Okay! FINALLY! I got an e-mail saying that I got registered for a table! I just need to wait for the list on where I sit. ^^

ip136

Yay! ^.^ Got the seating list.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Ren_Zhao

Hello all! Kio from staff here~ (introducing myself because Ijust joined) and I'm here to answer questionsss and relay questions and whatnot back to the head.

Quote from: ramy on March 24, 2008, 06:21:18 PM
For people who registered after the con for a table, if we don't get seated before the con, how will we go about choosing the tables once we get to the con? Will there be some sort of line, first come first serve, etc.?

Quote from: misosoupaddict on March 25, 2008, 09:39:08 PM
I second ramy's question, how is the seating going to work if not everyone is assigned before the con? I sure as hell don't want to be seated in some dark corner while a last-minute registerer gets a prime spot. (no matter how much i like the dark, lol vampire)
It can't be that hard, can it? I could do it, during college finals even. But i think it's really miscommunication that's the problem, huh?

We won't be in this situation until about 2 weeks before Fanime, but, if it does happen, everyone that did not get to choose their seats will be seated by the AA head. Meaning, it will become assigned seating.

Quote from: foreverblueskies on March 26, 2008, 12:21:32 PM
I just got the mass e-mail saying I've been confirmed registered for a table.  But I won't be able to make it there on Friday when the Con starts because I have to work and am in Sacramento.  I don't want to have my table accidently taken by a last minute registerer because I won't be there the first day.

Those who have registered before the convention will have a table no matter what. If you can't come on Friday, there will still be a table waiting on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday!

Also, if anyone wants to check if their registration made it in/had been received, please send all requests to fanimeartistalley2008[at]gmail.com, and we'll get back to you as soon as we've checked (usually within a few days).

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and cooperation! :D

From now on, I will be checking back here daily (or even multiple times a day..) to make sure no question goes unanswered and in a timely matter~
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

imoto

Hay all this is your friendley AA Head hear with an anouncment

We have sent out a confirmation e-mail to every one we have registerd at this point
(( if you sent things in less that 3 weeks ago we probly dont have you on our list yet so dont panic))
but if you have sent your contract in and havent gotten anything from us please
1. check your junk mail folder - we did send a mass e-mail it may have ended up there
2. if its not there please e-mail us at fanimeartistalley2008[at]gmail.com with your full name  and we will see if you are on our list

we keep having issues with not having the correct e-mail adresses or having old e-mails
so please keep us up to date
if we dont have your e-mail you will not get the seating chart and we will assigne you a table

on another note
if you registered at con 2007 for your table this year and you have not recived the seating chart yet, it means we dont have the correct e-mail adress for you eather
please e-mail us at fanimeartistalley2008[at]gmail.com so we can update it and get you seated
if we do not have a correct e-mail you will not get the seating chart and we will assigne you a table

thanks for reading
see you all at the con
~ Stacy
AA Head

Fructose

I just wanted to check about the meaning of the "Artists Alley 2008 is full as of 4/1/08 !!!" notice on the Artist Alley page of the main site. This means there are now absolutely no more tables available, meaning no tables for at-con claiming or the like?

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Fructose on April 05, 2008, 08:24:12 PM
I just wanted to check about the meaning of the "Artists Alley 2008 is full as of 4/1/08 !!!" notice on the Artist Alley page of the main site. This means there are now absolutely no more tables available, meaning no tables for at-con claiming or the like?

meaning that artist alley is completely filled as of 4/1/08
another meanint to this means that
there are alot of payment sent and forms signed, but the department did'nt gone all through yet.
However there will be some empty spots if no one shows up.

Im sorry to burst the news about this v_v.....
but if you want to you always welcome to stop by at the tables and check everyone out or hang around in my table ^ ^ ^! *thinking of bringing a foldable chair if we are going to do portraits of anime versions..... (although i am in the process of practicing like hell!!!!!....

Im really sorry if the tables are full v-v.....

Ren_Zhao

Just letting you all know that there's a mistake on the fanime.com AA site, which says:

"The price for one (1) table for the entire duration of the convention will be $15 per day if fully registered on/before 12/31/07, $20 per day if fully registered on/before 5/16/08, and $25 per day at the convention itself."

The price for tables is not per day. It is actually $20 for the duration of the convention if fully registered on/before 5/16/08, and $25 per day if fully registered at the convention.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011