Fanime Artist Alley 08

Started by Evode, November 11, 2007, 09:51:11 PM

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Aya Brea X on May 05, 2008, 05:44:08 PM
I don't think the back seats would be so bad, considering we're expecting a full AA this year.  The biggest reason they were bad in years past is you're most likely in a row of mostly empty tables and people didn't stop by as much since the row is half empty.  Potential customers who only walk in the door and look really quick probably won't be spending money at AA anyway.  Real AA customers will at least browse the "busy" part of the hall, which doesn't necessarily exclude the back if the tables are full and people are beating down the door on the wait list.

I'm sort of worried about the late Friday start, but oh well, we can only do our best with what time we're given. 

thanks both for this response...
i felt miserable and sad after posting that response..but i really really do fear that i will be havinga table and then all of sudden theres NO one around me!!!! every heard of the lonely island with no tourists??? (sounds like pixar's route 66 town).
Anyway, i should be glad to have the table *because i registered before the Chinese Lunar new year*. Anyhow im still nervous and upset! I completely forgot that most of the customers are browsers thats all v-v and that never occured to me!.

Anyway thanks for the info............

RIght now i kinda feel sad that the people who did'nt registered a table are being left out v_v!......

Cole

Quote from: imoto on May 04, 2008, 06:07:34 PM
Quote from: ip136 on May 04, 2008, 09:55:20 AM
I second how to handle the sales tax that Aya Brea X mentioned.

I normally just round to the nearest quarter, or flat dollar in some cases. As long as you keep a record of your sales, it will be easy to figure it all out. As a money management thing, at the end of each day, I figure out how much the sales tax I owe was that day and completely set that money aside. :x It's very helpful for when your taxes ARE due, that you set the money aside and didn't accidentally spend it on you.. well.. you know . . pocky... or in my case Tomato Pretz... *cough*

Opening Time on Friday?
So.. the Artist Alley will really be opening at 1pm on Friday? I mean.. the website says 12pm on Friday, but if registration for your table opens then.. there will be a huge conflict.
Or are people who got a table OK, go in earlier to set-up and that is just for people on the waitlist?
I don't know about anyone else, but it would be impossible for me to set-up in less than a minute. :x

Also.. someone should probably inform the Web Admin, that they lost their stylesheet on the Fanime AA page with the last announcement...

eeps it did mess with the style
so noted and sent to web for help >.<
thanks

and where dose it say we open to teh public at 12?
i can amend thins still but send me a link at [email protected]
thanks a bunch

It's not that confusing, but if you'd like I can try to put together an Excel workbook that will calculate for you.

Quote from: imoto on May 05, 2008, 01:36:26 PM
Quote from: Cole on May 04, 2008, 10:31:57 PM
When do we find out who's sitting where?
Are you going to post the seating chart so we know in advance? (Since I never got it I want to know how far away I'm going to be from my friends =( )

please e-mail us at
fanimeartistsalley2008 (at) gmail (dot) com

seating is closed and we will not be posting where your sitting
we will be telling you when you come to register
thanks

I know seatings closed, found that out the other day when I emailed you to find out when I'd get the seating chart.  =\
I was never sent it but I need to know mine and my friend's numbers (I bought our tables together) so we an find out how far or close we are to our companions.  It's not our fault that you guys forgot to put us on the sent list when you sent out the email.

naruto_ramen_1

Quote from: imoto on May 05, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: naruto_ramen_1 on May 05, 2008, 05:54:31 AM
I see that you could register at 12 on Friday, however, I was curious....could you set-up earlier than that, say 9 or 10 o'clock?  Or do you have to wait until you register? 

Thanks in advance :)   

you have to come register (( or check in)) with us first
we will not be opening the doors for this till 12
thanks

So what exactly happens at 12? We register and then get to set-up?

When will people be allowed to come into the alley to purchase our products?

Speaking of checking in....where do we pick up our badges?  Since we are in the AA, will our badges be somewhere else? Is there a separate badge for artists as apposed to the convention badge? 

Thanks for the info in advance :D   

Dattebayo!

Oniko

badges are given out in another room.  Those badges give you access to all the other rooms and con events.  I dont think there are special artist badges.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

misosoupaddict

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on May 02, 2008, 09:32:30 AM
I know alot of people are willing to stop by and would like to be with yourassistance but then again you better watch out for the people incharge..hopefully they wont know. Reason i brought this up because i was'nt so sure if bringing a guest will qualify for..yua know what.....i hope someone stops by at your table because i doubt they would double check the listings on each sellers permits..al they do is check and give you a table and thats it..if you get caught, tell them they are helping out with business!

Im going to offer some free stuff too, since i know alot of broke people cannot afford things but then again..im kinda worried that people will stop by and just grab candy and not look or be interested on the artwork!..its not a bad thing its just i hate greedy people!!!!!!!!!!!!

***  My sister is going to offer some [pocky] THAT IS IF THE GOOD FLAVORS COME BACK T_T! i want mango and honey milk pokcy T_T!!!!!!! this old pokcy is starting to piss me off T_T!!!!!!!!!

aside from this,...is anyone having a problem with the artist alley!?????????

Ah, i see. Well, i sort of directed that at people who had their permits and all, and tried to register with fanime but couldn't. I saw the messages of people who registered but didn't get a table, and i felt bad.

Well if customers only grab the candy, I'LL EAT IT ALL MYSELF! ><
(Mango pocky is awesome!)
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

tomatoes

This is a kinda silly question, but just in case..

Where is the exact location where we register for our table?

Aya Brea X

Quote from: tomatoes on May 06, 2008, 04:48:23 PM

Probably at the tables labeled "Staff Tables" on the seating chart.

poftd

Dayum, Fanime is so near! Curse you AP testing and academia. I'm going to have to do some last minute print-making. ><

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a good place to get business cards done?

imoto

@imoto
It says on the artist alley events page on the Fanime.com website that the artist alley opens at noon.  That means you'll be having registration going on at the same time you have convention goers coming in, not sure how that'll work.  I agree that you should open it up to registered artist earlier so its ready to go when customers come in.  Also I thought the seating chart was a good way to go.  Then people could come in when they are ready, check in and go straight to their table.  By doing it this way as a first come first serve wont there be a huge line?  And some people may be just arriving on Friday and not getting their till late.  I'll be coming on the 22nd so I dont really mind but I was just thinking about all those people coming by plane, then waiting in line for a badge.

thats for telling me about the hours
forgot we posted them from last year
we have new times go chec the events page

the reason we dont post teh seating chart is we need to see every artists as they come in
we dont always get all of eberyones requireed materals till at con
so by checking everyone in then we are garenteed that eveyone has everything or they dont sit

speeking of witch just as a reminder
everyone needs to have a copy of there sellers permit with them at there tables as well as a compy handed in to us at teh staff tbale

imoto

Quote from: tomatoes on May 06, 2008, 04:48:23 PM

at the artist alley staff tables
we will be at the very front of the hall as you walk in
there will be a staff member at the doors
ask them if you cant find us ^^

Oniko

whoa awesome.  I just noticed the AA is open till 9pm?  Yay more time to sell stuff.  Cause my friends and I get antsy, we probably cant sit there for more than 4 hours without one of u getting up to do something for a bit then coming back.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Cole

I still need my table number....I need to know where I'm sitting b/c I may have to help a friend with her table while she's at something job-related. =\

Oniko

Quote from: Cole on May 10, 2008, 10:16:01 PM
I still need my table number....I need to know where I'm sitting b/c I may have to help a friend with her table while she's at something job-related. =\

Well from the way things sound (and please correct me if I'm wrong) they have gotten rid of the seating chart and are doing a first come first server from 12-6pm of friday.  So if your friend is right next to you in line for getting a table you could get them right next to each other.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Oniko on May 11, 2008, 11:08:37 AM
Quote from: Cole on May 10, 2008, 10:16:01 PM

Well from the way things sound (and please correct me if I'm wrong) they have gotten rid of the seating chart and are doing a first come first server from 12-6pm of friday.  So if your friend is right next to you in line for getting a table you could get them right next to each other.

I didn't get the impression they scrapped the seating chart from reading the information so far.

sunrise-oasis

The front row -_-!. Thats where you pick up the badges!!!!!

I assume the table will have YOur groups Name!.........

*i hate being a lonesome table!!!!!!!!*

Oniko

my mistake thats why I said correct me if I'm wrong.  Thats good to know then, I'll just read over the post again.

@Sunrise
I really wish you would stop complaining....
It's impossible that you will be alone.  There are 200 table which are all full, and theres a waiting list which means even if 200 people dont show there will be others to make up for it and fill in around you.  There are a good number of people who I bet would be happy to have your table if your not happy with it.  You should be glad that you have a table and leave it at that.  Seriously, Fanime and the AA is a time to have fun so try to be more positive.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

poftd

Wait, just to check here. Is the Friday check-in thing for EVERYONE, even those who have already gotten a table + seating confirmed and all ready? AND with all their paperwork already sent in and done?

Because that seems kinda silly, why do more work when you've already done it? o_O

ewu

the seating chart has NOT been scrapped and yes you must check in on Friday unless you have other arrangements with the artist alley staff.

Checking in will allow us to get to those on the wait list for those that are no-shows. There are still people that are very anxious about being able to sell or not.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Aya Brea X

Quote from: imoto on May 10, 2008, 10:22:24 AM
@imoto
It says on the artist alley events page on the Fanime.com website that the artist alley opens at noon.  That means you'll be having registration going on at the same time you have convention goers coming in, not sure how that'll work.  I agree that you should open it up to registered artist earlier so its ready to go when customers come in.  Also I thought the seating chart was a good way to go.  Then people could come in when they are ready, check in and go straight to their table.  By doing it this way as a first come first serve wont there be a huge line?  And some people may be just arriving on Friday and not getting their till late.  I'll be coming on the 22nd so I dont really mind but I was just thinking about all those people coming by plane, then waiting in line for a badge.

thats for telling me about the hours
forgot we posted them from last year
we have new times go chec the events page

the reason we dont post teh seating chart is we need to see every artists as they come in
we dont always get all of eberyones requireed materals till at con
so by checking everyone in then we are garenteed that eveyone has everything or they dont sit

speeking of witch just as a reminder
everyone needs to have a copy of there sellers permit with them at there tables as well as a compy handed in to us at teh staff tbale

Um... I understand the checking in part and having the actual permit at our table, but why do we need to bring another copy of the permit to hand in to you when we've already mailed in a copy? 

foreverblueskies

How big are the tables?  Are they 3' X 6' or are they smaller?

Just trying to see how much stuff I can display on the table.