Cosplay Spectacular 2008 [FINAL LIST POSTED] [LOCKED]

Started by angeljibrille, November 12, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

PinkHairSasuke

can u cosplay as game characters? like in example someone from grand theft auto? and would u be allowed in the masquerade with that costume

Rukia-Hitachiin

I have two questions...

1) If the person who made our costumes will be present at Fanime, but not in our skit, can we still perform? Or do you need to just meet the seamstress in a pre-judging time?

2) When will the masquerade begin? I heard taht you need to sign up Sunday morning by 10AM and that there is an optional rehearsal at 4PM. Is this true?

Mister_E

This might of been asked many a time but, Since my costume is home made Like my pants are from a thrift store, my jacket from ebay, and my mask was hand made with stuff from a dollar store, a copyplace (the logo) and the strap came from a hardware store. I can enter with no worry and I'll be performing alone form a like a little over a minute...
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

ToyPink

can we be in the compition w/o being in the masquerade? I just want my costume to be judged but i dont have a skit.

ranma12

Quote from: ToyPink on January 29, 2008, 01:46:35 PM
can we be in the compition w/o being in the masquerade? I just want my costume to be judged but i dont have a skit.
You can join the masq as a walk-on then you only really need music if you want a judging and a prize but not that i know of

luckyends

alrighty so i read yaknow you can do special preformances like on stage zero one of the things i realy want to do is play a flute from a character that probably would. i know this one might seem kinda odd but i think its realy cool. that would not be masquerade worthy but what is the deal with the special preformances i read about on stage zero how do you get into those or just look into them
(and just to letya guys know it wouldnt be a metal flute it would either be a bamboo one or a cedar one depending on which i remember to bring but it will be one or the other)
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

G-Force

I sent you a few PMs concerning the special performance slot as I don't think it would be appropriate to put them in this thread. I hope to hear your reply soon and I'm sorry for spamming the board.

ovtrlan

How many people can we have on stage at once? I think I may try to do a dance skit with me as Demyx and a whole bunch of dancer minions.
When I am done with my current project, it will be amazing! :D

Rukia-Hitachiin

Mister_E

Now the sign-up date is may right? Just want to be sure!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Mister_E

Oh that's right, gives me time to write my skit, also what kind of Microphones do you get, a head seat or them little clip on ones?

Rukia-Hitachiin

I'd like to know that too... probably hand held ones unless you have a pre-recorded skit ^_^

Mister_E

Nina Star 9

There are mics with stands, if you are to be singing or something of the like.

For a skirt, it seems to be strangly encouraged to pre-record the vocals. Last year there was an area where you could record the vocals if needed, not sure if that will be provided this year or not.

Not only have I not even started my costume, but I have no idea what to do for a skit this year. I don't want to sing again, I can't really do a skit by myself and with my costume, and walk-ons are strongly discouraged, so my prospects are rather bleak. ._. If there is no real way to have a skit or something else, are walk-ons allowed?

Mister_E

I hope I can record my skit there, I don't have any really good recording device here.

bubydub

Is it ok to enter in a costume that has already won a prize at a con in the bay area? (not previous fanimes)

Kandybar

Is the Masquerade definitely on Sunday?  I've seen conflicting information in various other official-looking threads that puts it on Saturday.

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Nina Star 9

How will the judging work, then? We loose a day for that, and not everyone is there Fridays anyway due to school and work, so will the judging just be pushed through as quickly as possible on the two days, or what?