Cosplay Spectacular 2008 [FINAL LIST POSTED] [LOCKED]

Started by angeljibrille, November 12, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

bahamutknightzero

You got to be joking.......This completely throws EVERYTHING off course for me

heeroyuy135

Any reason why the Masquerade is on Saturday? Could it because of the Ancafe performance on Sunday?

Rukia-Hitachiin

It's seriously Saturday?? I just made hotel plans to stay Sunday night. -_-' can someone confirm this for me before I cancel my hotel reservation?

jemz

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 27, 2008, 11:28:48 PM
Any reason why the Masquerade is on Saturday? Could it because of the Ancafe performance on Sunday?

The Civic is being used on Sunday for the An Cafe performance.

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 27, 2008, 05:13:45 PM
How will the judging work, then? We loose a day for that, and not everyone is there Fridays anyway due to school and work, so will the judging just be pushed through as quickly as possible on the two days, or what?

Judging will be done on Saturday. The details are being worked out by my Dept. Head, so check back again for updates.

Quote from: Rukia-Hitachiin on February 29, 2008, 11:02:23 PM
It's seriously Saturday?? I just made hotel plans to stay Sunday night. -_-' can someone confirm this for me before I cancel my hotel reservation?

Yes, it is on Saturday.

An announcement about the date change will be up soon.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Mister_E

I just need to know the time of both An Cafe and Masquerade and I am SET!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

lycan510

so another random question.

I have a skit that would last 3 minutes, and 53 seconds. is it at ALL possible to get that in there? Its such a great idea.

I love you

...a lot
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

PenguinValentine

Quote from: angeljibrille on November 13, 2007, 05:26:18 PM
Anyone participating in the Masquerade needs to have made most of their costume or made it with a group or had it made by the "Group Designer" (who must be in the skit).
I'm sorry, I got tired around page two... what do you mean by "made it with a group"?

PenguinValentine

I have another question... I read that we cannot buy things from Ebay and/or from one place (in general?). A friend of mine is buying a few pieces of clothing from Pyramid Collection (gloves, skirt, and vest). She will be alternating the skirt a little, so my real question is, is it okay to use more than one item from one place?

I see this as a "found" costume, but I wanted to confirm it with you. Thanks.

Mister_E

I word to the wise, watch the double posts, there are some users here that would get on your case soooo fast you don't know what hit you!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PenguinValentine

Quote from: Rukia-Hitachiin on February 13, 2008, 09:26:03 PM
I'd like to know that too... probably hand held ones unless you have a pre-recorded skit ^_^
So, we have to pre-recorded... something we have to make ourselves, correct?

Uh-oh >_<

PenguinValentine

Quote from: Tony on February 27, 2008, 07:33:24 AM
The masquerade has been moved to Saturday.
This is for certain? Shouldn't the first post be updated?

Sorry if I'm pointing something obvious out, I didn't mean to, but I think someone should change that.

Edit: Sorry for the double posts... I'm not used to forums that are so strict.

Mister_E

Right then...then you better hurry, like I said there are quite a few of that Anti-double posters in these Forums

jemz

Quote from: PenguinValentine on March 06, 2008, 01:06:22 AM
Quote from: Tony on February 27, 2008, 07:33:24 AM
The masquerade has been moved to Saturday.
This is for certain? Shouldn't the first post be updated?

Sorry if I'm pointing something obvious out, I didn't mean to, but I think someone should change that.

Yes, it is for certain.

We are in the process of announcing it through a press release and other means.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

PenguinValentine

Mister_E

Can I give like a signal to start like move my finger or something like that cause if the music in my skit start like RIGHT away the whole thing would be runied!

MiniskirtEd

So, comissioned costumes are an absolute no-no? Well, damn look like my friends are going to be disappointed. We'll still be cosplaying of course, just no skit.

vasher

Sorry, could I get a rough guesstimate of when the the Masquerade participants should get there/when the audience begins seating?  I may need to do some gathering rearrangement in light of this news.

Ellome

Hey there,

I sent a message to [email protected], but I'm sure she's really busy replying to a million other questions :) My question is pretty simple, so I figure it can be answered pretty easily here!

I've got my group organized and we're running full force, but what info will I need from them specifically come April 1st? I know full name, age, but specifically beyond that? I want to be 110% prepared when signups open.

Thank you!

ranma12

ANSWERED QUESTIONS!

@ycan510 It CAN"T be long than 3 mins no exceptions.
@PenguinValentine You can get some stuff liek jewerly (hard stuff to make) but execcive like gloves vests, Skirt, pant... ect. Need to be made. Precorded it recommended. Or your Yell on stage and its REALLY BIG NOT recommended. They only give mic's to singers.
@Mister_E; Yes, When you go to check in about masq, they will ask you what you want to do. And you tell them lights on and wait for Q to play tape.
@MiniskirtEd: PM me and ill give u a secret and a few tips ^_-
@vasher: they Don't set up Time untill like a month and half in advance idk y i think last year it started at 6. And People in it cam like 5 i think. but it might be different this year ur gona have to wait or Email Admin. topic u wont get a good response. ^_-
@Ellome: they ask for
Age, Character name, show name, age, sex, Parsons's real name, What they want to be introduced as. This is exactly what they wanted last year ^_^

Well i hope i helped every oneout ^_^

PenguinValentine

Won't it count as a "found" costume though? Not everyone can make leather gloves ~.~