Con High

Started by Suspicious, June 25, 2003, 02:21:24 AM

Suspicious

I am soooo high off cons right now.  Are there any other cons/gatherings/ANYTHING near the bay area these next few months?  I worked for 5 days at Fanime and I have this urge to go out and do MORE!
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Umi

there's the japan town anime fair in san francisco in sept. http://project760.immanismusic.com/jtaf/

Babbit_Chan

Cosplayer's Boredom//July 13:
http://www.geocities.com/snapplegirl13/main.html

Look out for another ParaCon and Metreon Festival of Anime.

topnotch97

i hope they're serious about ParaCon this time coz last year was a little bit unorganized.

Metreon Festival would be nice, just hope the turn out would be great.

I wanna check out the one in Japantown this september
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

RyuHayabusa

oh yeah, also the cosplayers picnic in alameda that's going to happen during one of the last weeks of august as well  :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

topnotch97

hey suspicious, (since you're suspicious enough)

you missed WonderCon last April, held at Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco. WonderCon is actually a comic book convention but they have a good video programming. probably there is one next year. two anime screening rooms and a good dealer room, i got my Shaolin Soccer and Infernal Affairs from that Con.

and does anyone know when is ReccaCon? that will be over at Antioch and Pittsburg area, north of Oakland and Berkeley, near Vallejo.
Retired from Fanime.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "topnotch97"

and does anyone know when is ReccaCon? that will be over at Antioch and Pittsburg area, north of Oakland and Berkeley, near Vallejo.

It's going to be held in November, but the dates haven't been announced. Damn, should've asked jason(the con head for Recca)about the dates  :?

topnotch97

hey ryu,
i'm surprised you know recca con....it looks like a handful of people knew about it.
Retired from Fanime.

RyuHayabusa

TopNotch: well, I did attend the mini-cons that they have been holding over, I missed the main one last year, and I'm looking forward to go to the main one again in october.

Babbit_Chan

Last I heard, it's been postponed, so there's no telling it'll be held in October at all.

topnotch97

Retired from Fanime.

Suspicious

Yep, I just got that too.  Supposedly for volunteers though.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Kimiko

Er, don't go posting that info. The party on saturday is for staff only (and volunteers, altho I didn't know that until now lol). We don't need a bunch of random people coming down O_o
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

bunny

hehe, if you want to go where the real BIG con is at, you gotta go down south to anime-expo for it :3. its at anaheim this year. i was going to go, but now it looks like my parents are being strict about it, and i probably can't :(.

i used to think that fanime con was a huge con, but after going to AX, my perspective totally changed. i still love fanime tho. its my home con ^_^.
proud member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR.
wanna join? come on ahead.
but take your time ;D this is the only club around where procastination gets you points

topnotch97

ooppsssiieeee!!!! anyway, i might but i dunno!!! i think i need to get rid of it out of my system. it's hella hard when you're so saturated (kinda) with fanime. everytime i turn the tv on, i think of fanime. when i look at some girls here at sjsu, i think of girls at fanime wearing costume. and when i look at my professor, i remember one of the dealers at the con....

ah too much fanime.....
Retired from Fanime.

Kimiko

Yeah I know.. after the closing ceremonies, I was all sad, cuz I didin't want it to end.. *sniff*.. but of course, me being dumb, I decided NOT to go to the staff pizza thingy... I changed my mind halfway home, but what good would that do?? grrrrrrrr.. lol
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

RyuHayabusa

well, we have 5 things coming up so, anyone can attend those:
AX
Cosplayers Boredom
The Cosplay Picnic
JTAF
and Ani-Magic