4 (13.8%)
Sub
22 (75.9%)
Neither
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: May 06, 2004, 09:11:43 PM

Rei-Rei

I prefer subs, personally I think that sometimes, stuff gets lost while dubbing, it's somewhat odd when translating because what the Japanese public finds funny and what we consider funny in the west may be different.
Also, generally speaking, Japanese words have more syllables than the English words, so I really don't like having the characters voices and the character's mouth movement go differently.
I also find that the speeches made in the dubbed version are a bit too slow for my liking.

But there are some dubbed versions that I don't mind watching.
I'd go for the subbed version before I do the dubs though.

banditkiller015

I really do prefer dub cause I hate to read lol. But some voices are really bad and sometimes I just can't wait til it gets translated so I would watch it with subs as well. But I'd still rather watch the anime without reading.

Runewitt

Subs over dubs, unless they're really well done.
even a fair dub can loose the essence of the anime you're watching, just because it's missing the emotion that the original VAs were ale to give it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Shinsengumi

I mostly prefer subs, once in a while I watch it dub it depends.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

G.I.R

Suggestion here:  Since the poll on this thread is nearly four years old, maybe this topic should be locked, and a new topic with a new poll should be posted.  Just a thought.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes