One Piece?

Started by DemonLordZabuza, November 20, 2007, 09:00:56 AM

DemonLordZabuza

No I'm not talking about swim suits or what not, the anime...but I guess is there a plan for a One Piece gathering?...or am I just to lazy and haven't search correctly for one.  But if not, I'm planning on doing a Roronoa Zoro cosplay, actually all three I've seen.  Original, Arabasta, and Skypie.  Different days of course for each...need more slacks...well if anyone wants to join in the fun...lets plan something or what not

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

bahamutknightzero

Check over at the Cosplay.com board. We have been trying to set the gathering info over there before someone would post here(Which will also include Water 7/Eines Lobby and Thriller Bark)

luckyends

sry im not that far so i dont know what most of that last post ment but im going to be captain kurro whens the gathering?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: luckyends on November 21, 2007, 09:02:52 AM
sry im not that far so i dont know what most of that last post ment but im going to be captain kurro whens the gathering?

What it meant is that people are allowed to go as the characters from after the Skypeia arc

luckyends

aww proly means no captain kurro hes like within the first 100 chapters i think of the original story so i guess not -_-
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

BunofGovt

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on November 20, 2007, 12:37:33 PM
Check over at the Cosplay.com board. We have been trying to set the gathering info over there before someone would post here(Which will also include Water 7/Eines Lobby and Thriller Bark)

I think means you can go as any character up to the Water 7/Eines Lobby and Thriller Bark arc, which is after the Skypiea arc, when the group returns to the lower world, I think this includes the part up to where they need to get the ship repaired, yes?  I've only gone about that far, myself.

So, yes, cosplaying as Captain Kuro from when they first meet up with Usoppu is okay.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

bahamutknightzero

Yeah, Kuro is DEFINATELY ok to go as. Usually, people cosplay up to the latest point in an arc, which doens't count out the VERY begining of series.

luckyends

WHIII il finish his costume tomorow ^_^im so happy oh whens the meeting gona be
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

BunofGovt

Not until Memorial Day weekend, dearie, unless there's another gathering or con before then ...

I think the next conventions in the Bay Area are Sac-Con Dec 9th in Sacramento area, and also SacAnime in January.  There's a holiday anime fair in Fremont on Dec 1st, http://www.fremont.gov/Teens/default.htm.

Anyone know of anything else?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

luckyends

no just ive had his costume almost done for like a month and im going to the animefaire as envy wich i just finished today
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Druix

I honestly don't know what order the arcs go in, since I have seen the first....15-ish episodes and then random episodes and scenes that my friends have chosen to show me from the rest of the series ^^; But there is a possibility that I will be Kalifa, and I have a ouple of friends who might go as Lucci and Kakku. I think I probably spelled some things wrong in there...

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

DemonLordZabuza

I want Lucchi's babies :P.  Well I've been lazy and with raining around me I havent been able to go get supplies to work on my cosplay...but I have a lot of time still...woot spring break projects :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

luckyends

so when do we wana do the gathering i was thinking friday cause thats the day i atleast am gona be captain kurro
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

bahamutknightzero

Wouldn't be able to do friday. Most people over at the Cosplay.com boards said either saturday or sunday

luckyends

ah thats to bad cause if its not on friday i probably wont be able to make it to the gathering -_- il still try though

i have a question for you guys how would you feel if i did captian kurro but didnt gell my hair back for the gathering i might be able to make it that way?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

bahamutknightzero

Of course it would be ok, I mean a cosplay doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the character.

luckyends

alright cool ^_^ tell when it is and il try and make it ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Narakuwish

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2450765&posted=1#post2450765

There is going to be a One Piece Gathering at Pismo Beach On June 14th, plz do come :)