Fanime 2008 Masquerade - Which One?

Started by Druix, November 25, 2007, 01:37:26 PM

Which of our masquerade ideas should we go with?

The dramatic/symbolic dance
The dating show skit

Druix

My friends and I are working on what to do for the Masquearde next year, especially since we had so much fun doing "L's Cake" last year. Initially, we were writing a dating show skit, featuring Kakashi(host) Sasuke("bachelor"), Naruto, Orochimaru, and Itachi (3 contestants) from "Naruto", with possible appearances/cameos by Jiraiya and Kisame if we can fit them in. What we have of the script so far is pretty funny, in my opinion, but a couple days ago our writer called me with a new idea that popped into her head. A while back she did a fanart of Orochimaru and Sasuke using the Dresden Dolls' song "Coin-Operated Boy" as inspiration, and she says she's managed to choreograph a dance to it. This skit/dance would have only three characters, Orochimaru Sasuke and Kabuto, as opposed to the date show skit which has 5, possibly 7. We know that comedic skits are more common, I haven't seen very many dramatic ones at all (not counting that AWESOME Count of Monte Cristo one last year), so we think that entering a dramatic skit would make it more likely for us to win something, but we really don't care about winning. We just want to entertain people. So I figure the bes way for us to make our decision is to find out what people want to see. So please, even if you don't actually write back, at least vote ^^;

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

alcblueyes

i think the dating show would be better, more characters which people can alugh at plus naruto pairings, even crack pairrings, especially live, always equals popularity and good humor. i say go for it, plus you have a prewritten funny script, and dances ARE funny, but i think people would enjoy the other much more. and i saw your skit last year, loved it. ^___^

~*~The Earth Is The Insane Asylum Of The Universe.~*~

--

Temari owns.

Druix

Aw, thanks! In your avvy, are you the Temari or the Gaara? Cause if you were the Temari, I think I took your picture!

Anyway, thanks for being the only person who bothered to reply, but it turns out that they're both out this year. I just found out, like, 10 minutes ago that our scriptwriter (who is also our Orochimaru) can't make it to Fanime this year. Technically, we COULD just find another Orochimaru, but we wouldn't feel right doing HER skit without her, y'know? =(

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)