Holiday-themed anime or anime episodes

Started by Nyxyin, November 27, 2007, 02:08:23 AM

Nyxyin

Hi!  I regularly run into situations when I want to have my friends over for an anime specific to a particular day.  With the holidays coming up, for example, it'd be great to have a Christmas party with Christmas anime.  This can work for any day.  If an anime features December 7th as Pearl Harbor Day, for example, that'd work too.

So...  How many anime feature or even mention a particular day?  It can feature be a big holiday like Christmas or Valentine, or it can be a little mention about some historical figure's birthday.  However, the anime has to be reasonably standalone: I don't want to have to show a dozen episodes of some series just so they can understand the character dynamics in the White Day episode, for example.  If it's an episode from a series, please try to include the episode number.

Example:  Sentimental Journey episode 2 is about a singer that refuses to sing love songs.  They mention Christmas in the episode, saying that it's like her to not do love songs even for Christmas.

G.I.R

If I recall, the last two episodes of Panya Panya Digi Charat is a Christmas story.  There's also a Valentines Day episode of Potemayo (ep. 3 I think).  I know there are more, I can't think of them right off hand.

Spiritsnare

A Chrno Crusade episode has a Christmas theme. IIRC, the episode's name is "Holy Night", but I don't know the episode number.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: Spiritsnare on November 27, 2007, 01:18:52 PM
A Chrno Crusade episode has a Christmas theme. IIRC, the episode's name is "Holy Night", but I don't know the episode number.
Thinkin' the same thing. AniDB tells me that ep 12 of the series is called "Holy Night", so I'll bet that's the one.

Slayers Next(?) had a Halloween themed episode that No Name Anime showed a while back.

Love Hina has a Christmas special.

Satoshi Kon's movie Tokyo Godfathers takes place on Christmas Eve.

Hayate no Gotoku! jokingly features Santa Claus in several episodes including the first one.

Can't remember anything else offhand.

BrightHeart76

Ranma 1/2 has a Christmas episode (in the OVA's I think)

Fruits Basket has a couple of white day episodes

And who can foget the Sailor Moon Movie (S I think) where Tuxedo Mask is mistaken for Santa Clause when he first shows up! (it's a 3 second reference, but it's cute).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRRvhMWEjU

EDIT: Added link to Tuxedo Kamen as Santa
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Leviathan

Vandread has a Christmas episode on the 3rd volume of the first season. I believe it is episode #10.

Cardcaptor Sakura also has a Christmas episode, #35 "Sakura's Wonderful Christmas".

Chrono Crusades Christmas episode is #12 "Holy Night".

pockystix

I tried starting my own tradition of watching Itsudatte My Santa every Xmas, but I've only done that for the past 2 Xmases and I don't know how longer it can entertain me. X: Although it features pre-Haruhi Hirano Aya and an ojousama-like Gahaku.
New sn = Meirin

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: pockystix on November 27, 2007, 10:20:38 PM
I tried starting my own tradition of watching Itsudatte My Santa every Xmas, but I've only done that for the past 2 Xmases and I don't know how longer it can entertain me. X: Although it features pre-Haruhi Hirano Aya and an ojousama-like Gahaku.

I wonder if they are actually gonna make an Episode 3 for My Santa or if they are gonna just leave it at 2.  This was been rumored for a while (2 years to be exact). ???
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

LordKefka

Big O
Love Hina
Mahoromatic season 2
Ichigo Mashimaro
Itsudatte My Santa!
Bartender
Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA
All Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV (at least part from what I remember)

Probably forgetting a few other ones though.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Appu

Bartender episode 10. Not the greatest out of teh 11, but good nonetheless.
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Nyxyin

LOL!  The Tuxedo Mask thing was hilarious!

Great suggestions!  I haven't even heard of Bartender before.

Another one is the whole Bottle Fairy series.  Every episode seems to feature something time-specific or seasonal, like the first day of school or Valentine's Day, etc.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on November 27, 2007, 05:44:49 PM
Not just the OVA, but another whole episode!

There's the Tendo Christmas Scramble (or something to that effect) and A Christmas Without Ranma. That's TWICE the Christmas goodness in one series~
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on November 28, 2007, 07:56:27 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on November 27, 2007, 05:44:49 PM
Not just the OVA, but another whole episode!

There's the Tendo Christmas Scramble (or something to that effect) and A Christmas Without Ranma. That's TWICE the Christmas goodness in one series~

Oooh...you're right.  I totaly forgot about that.  One of the first episodes I ever saw was the Christmas Scramble one...completely LOVE that epidsode. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Altomare

Well, Cardcaptor Sakura has a Christmas episodes, a valentines day episodes as well. And I think there is a New Years episodes as well, though I'm not sure.

The manga Kobato also has chapters for Christmas, New Years, and Valentines day. Which are all super cute!! <333

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

ININ

Lucky Star Episode 11 titled "Many Ways to Spend Christmas Eve"

EdOfNoName

A couple more Christmas ones:

• Lupin the 3rd: The Sleight Before Christmas
  • Lupin the 3rd: Fying Sword: Christmas at Tiffany's
  • Those who hunt elves II: Noel
  • YUA TV #11 on DVD #3: Santa Claus Panic
  • Ah My Goddess (OVA) last episode

Teh Ramen Sage

imagine a christmas episode of Hellsing XD not a bad idea once you think about it.

-What would Seras get as a present for Alucard?
-Integra throws a Christmas party at Hellsing manor
-The Major giving out presents?
-And who will get caught under the mistletoe? Pip and Rip Van Winkle? Dandy Man and Integra? The Captin and Seras?
-Will Alucard be naughty or nice for christmas?
-Santa Claus doesn't come to the Hellsing manor for a good reason, but will he finally deliver presents this year?

But I have a question that might involve the holidays depending on the answer I receive.
I saw a picture of Rei and Asuka looking up at the sky seeing that it's snowing, what episode is this in or is it in one of the video games? I just thought it would be a Christmas thing since it was snowing.