Lateral Thinking Puzzles

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 27, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 28, 2007, 07:37:12 PM
The man brought a sharp piece of ice(I forgot what the correct term was...) into a room, locked it then stabbed himself with it. Is that correct?

Yeah, you got it. I could've been a smartass and just answered "yes" because of the question at the end, but there's no point in doing that. When you recite the answer, don't ask questions. State it as what you think the answer is.

The man stabbed himself with a shard of ice in a locked room. The ice melted, which explains the blood and water around him. Good job, Castor!

Here's the next puzzle-- slightly harder, but the solution is satisfying for most people. Good luck!

A man visits a bar, asking for a glass of water from the bartender. Suddenly, the bartender takes out a gun and holds it to the man's head. The man thanks the bartender, and walks out satisfied. Why?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Does the man owe the bartender money?

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Does the man want to be scared?

FinalShadows

Whoops, almost spoiled it xD

Does the man need the water for something?
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

aznmagic2015

Quote from: FinalShadows on November 28, 2007, 08:30:17 PM

Lol...too late...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 28, 2007, 08:29:14 PM
Does the man want to be scared?

No.

Quote from: FinalShadows on November 28, 2007, 08:30:17 PM

Yes.

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Glitch

Did the bartender know the man was going to walk in?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

FinalShadows

Was the man suffering from anything?
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Glitch

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Did the man want the bartender to scare him?

Glitch

So the man walks into the bar to get a glass of water for his hiccups. But instead the bartender aims his shotgun at him.(because he's a crazy bartender?) The scare from this cures the hiccups. So the man is happy that he no longer needs water and walks away. correct?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 28, 2007, 09:51:28 PM
Did the man want the bartender to scare him?

I already said no to that. Why are you asking agian? ~_~

Quote from: Glitch on November 28, 2007, 09:57:41 PM
So the man walks into the bar to get a glass of water for his hiccups. But instead the bartender aims his shotgun at him.(because he's a crazy bartender?) The scare from this cures the hiccups. So the man is happy that he no longer needs water and walks away. correct?

You got it! Congrats.

Here's the one me and Pyron were playing around with.

A ship gets shipwrecked on a deserted island. It's a small ship of maybe 10 or so people. After about a month, a rescue ship arrives and a lone survivor is brought home. He's asked if there was anything he wanted and he cheerfully said, "I would like to eat a seagull sandwich one more time."

They make him his sandwich and he eats it and returns home. The next morning he's found dead in his room, suicide. Why did he kill himself?

Remember, you can ask as many questions as you want at a time.

Here's an extra puzzle, but the difference is... instead of asking a question, give me an answer as to why. You can try as many times as you want.

A man is wearing all black. Black shoes, socks, pants, jacket, gloves and ski mask. He walks down a back street with all the street lights off. A car, painted black, goes towards him with its light turned off. It somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

FanimaidCafe.com

Asa_Gohan

For the extra puzzle: He was able to see him because it was day time.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on November 28, 2007, 11:23:55 PM
For the extra puzzle: He was able to see him because it was day time.

Haha. Good job. I've been surprised by how long people took the get that one.

FanimaidCafe.com