Lateral Thinking Puzzles

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 27, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

Jun-Watarase

A lateral thinking puzzle is basically a cross between a puzzle, and story-telling. I'll type a scenario, but I won't give the whole story. What you're supposed to do is ask "yes" or "no" questions to gain clues to solve the rest of the story.

Though, I should warn you that most of these puzzles are morbid and unlikely-- but they're still realistic. I won't give any answer other than "yes", "no", or "doesn't matter". They'll all be honest answers, but I won't promise that they can't be misleading. If you can solve it with the information you have, go for it and type what you think the answer is. When at least 5 people want to give up, I'll ask if you want me to give you the answer.

EDIT: If you've done the current puzzle, before, don't spoil the answer to those who haven't.
EDIT II: You can ask as many questions as you want at a time.

I'm going to start off with the easiest scenario I can think of, and see if you guys are interested in playing. Here goes.

A man is lying dead on the floor. The room he's in is locked from the inside. Beneath him is a pool of blood and water. How did he die?

Example question and answer: Was the room empty? Yes.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Spiritsnare

Oh, I've done these kinds of puzzles before.

Was the water poisoned?
epic progressive

vox

Jun-Watarase

QuoteWas the water poisoned?

Doesn't matter.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Did he cup his hand to carry the water?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Did the water start off as (blunt object) block of ice?

(because of saw 4 theyre VERY dangerouse...)  :-X :-[
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

aznmagic2015

Did he kill himself with the ice?

Jerry

did he do it (kill himself with an ice block) like it was the 'cool' thing to do?

sorry for lame pun.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Jerry on November 28, 2007, 08:09:13 AM
Did the water start off as (blunt object) block of ice?

(because of saw 4 theyre VERY dangerouse...)  :-X :-[

No.

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 28, 2007, 08:30:03 AM
Did he kill himself with the ice?

Yes.

Quote from: Jerry on November 28, 2007, 08:48:43 AM
did he do it (kill himself with an ice block) like it was the 'cool' thing to do?

sorry for lame pun.

Ahawtf.

Anyways, this puzzle is the most basic one I know, so I can't give you any hints. You guys are almost there-- that's all I can say. Remember, to answer the puzzle (if you think you know the answer) is type your interpretation of the scenario. Good luck!

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Did he bash himself with the ice?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

aznmagic2015

The man brought a sharp piece of ice(I forgot what the correct term was...) into a room, locked it then stabbed himself with it. Is that correct?