Lateral Thinking Puzzles

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 27, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

K&K4ever

Oh good greif why didn't get that earlier?  Oh, well.  What he said.  Monopoly?
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on December 13, 2007, 08:29:43 PM
Wild guess, but it the guy playing monopoly? More specific he is using the car token and lands on his opponents hotel which he doesn't have the money to pay the rent for.

Yup. Congrats.

Next Puzzle: A man is found dead, deep in a forest. All he has on is a swimming trunk, snorkel, and facemask. Though, the nearest lake was 10 miles away, and the Ocean was even further. How could he have died?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Gatsby

While swimming in the lake did he get scooped/sucked into a giant bucket under a helicopter that was using the water from the lake to put out a forest fire? I'm just thinking of that old urban legend. 

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on December 14, 2007, 09:52:03 PM
While swimming in the lake did he get scooped/sucked into a giant bucket under a helicopter that was using the water from the lake to put out a forest fire? I'm just thinking of that old urban legend. 

Or you looked it up on Google!  >:(
'Kidding.

Next Puzzle: He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

FinalShadows

Something involving to escape from something?
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Emerge

did she jump off a plane/roof/other high...thing?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Emerge on December 15, 2007, 02:52:59 AM
did she jump off a plane/roof/other high...thing?

Nope!

But that leads to a hint!: Think/ask about where they are.

FanimaidCafe.com

Emerge

PyronIkari

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Gatsby

This one has me stumped.

Was it the kiss of death?

Runewitt

was he already dead and she killed herself to be with him?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Mal the Pirate

yea... that's what i was htinking.

Jun-Watarase

Instead of answering any of those, I'm gonna repost the puzzle, and the hint I gave you.

He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?

Hint: Think/Ask about where they are. <--- So far, there's... no reaction to the hint.

- - -

I'll scrub this one, because it's pretty tough. I had a hard time figuring it out, myself, but looking at how it progressed... this one will be more interesting.

Next Puzzle: She came into work with a new pair of shoes on, but because he didn't notice, he killed her.

Hint: When I asked you to think/ask about the setting of the PREVIOUS puzzle, I'm giving you the hint that they were in the same location.

FanimaidCafe.com

Emerge

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 16, 2007, 11:12:30 AMHe blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?

Hint: Think/Ask about where they are. <--- So far, there's... no reaction to the hint.

She came into work with a new pair of shoes on, but because he didn't notice, he killed her.

When I asked you to think/ask about the setting of the PREVIOUS puzzle, I'm giving you the hint that they were in the same location.

1. uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

2. "she" is some sort of insect

Emerge

Quote from: Emerge on December 16, 2007, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 16, 2007, 11:12:30 AMHe blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?

She came into work with a new pair of shoes on, but because he didn't notice, he killed her.

When I asked you to think/ask about the setting of the PREVIOUS puzzle, I'm giving you the hint that they were in the same location.

1. uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

2. "she" is some sort of insect and he stepped on her by acciednt

Jun-Watarase

=| ...

Wait, what?

FanimaidCafe.com

Emerge

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 16, 2007, 07:36:04 PM

=| ...

Wait, what?

okay...let me move some words around to make more sense of it.

He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?
uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

"she" is some sort of insect and he stepped on her at work with a new pair of shoes

K&K4ever

Ok for the first one, I would have to ask if they were in some sort of play?

and the second one I would have to ask if the girl was some sort of cosmo girl (freeke)?
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.