Lateral Thinking Puzzles

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 27, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

Glitch

Quote from: Emerge on December 16, 2007, 11:30:29 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 16, 2007, 07:36:04 PM
Quote from: Emerge on December 16, 2007, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 16, 2007, 11:12:30 AMHe blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?

Hint: Think/Ask about where they are. <--- So far, there's... no reaction to the hint.

She came into work with a new pair of shoes on, but because he didn't notice, he killed her.

When I asked you to think/ask about the setting of the PREVIOUS puzzle, I'm giving you the hint that they were in the same location.

1. uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

2. "she" is some sort of insect

=| ...

Wait, what?

okay...let me move some words around to make more sense of it.

He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?
uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

She came into work with a new pair of shoes on, but because he didn't notice, he killed her.
"she" is some sort of insect and he stepped on her at work with a new pair of shoes
Let me guess, your answer to the next question is insects too?

Glitch

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 15, 2007, 01:08:44 AM
Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on December 14, 2007, 09:52:03 PM
While swimming in the lake did he get scooped/sucked into a giant bucket under a helicopter that was using the water from the lake to put out a forest fire? I'm just thinking of that old urban legend. 

Or you looked it up on Google!  >:(
'Kidding.

Next Puzzle: He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?
Did she have a noose around her neck?

Jun-Watarase

I know it's kind of cheating, but I'll give you small hints along the way, instead of just "yes" or "no" answers. ^^

Quote from: Emerge on December 16, 2007, 11:30:29 PM
okay...let me move some words around to make more sense of it.

He blew a kiss to her from above. She said to him, "I love you", and died. Why did this happen?
uh...the last thing i could come up with, is that a woman and a very large man were making love and he crushed her. farfetched...but that's all i got.

"she" is some sort of insect and he stepped on her at work with a new pair of shoes

Nope. Insects don't wear shoes.

Quote from: K&K4ever on December 17, 2007, 08:11:00 AM
Ok for the first one, I would have to ask if they were in some sort of play?

and the second one I would have to ask if the girl was some sort of cosmo girl (freeke)?

Close! But no, they weren't. It is, however, somewhere a type performance is held.

Nope.

Quote from: Glitch on December 17, 2007, 08:47:34 AM
Did she have a noose around her neck?

Pretty close, actually! But it wasn't around her neck.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

babytealeaf

Did these events take place in a circus?

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

babytealeaf

Hmm.. was the women in the shoes a tightrope walker?

And the people in the first puzzle, were they swinging trapeze artists?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: babytealeaf on December 17, 2007, 03:08:19 PM

And the people in the first puzzle, were they swinging trapeze artists?

No. As for the second question, they aren't, but it'd work... so to make things easier, I'll say yes.

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

Ok, I was a little confused by the laqst post so the girl in the new shoes is on a tight rope?  If that's the case then she forgot to take them off before she performed and the persone who's suposed to make sure that everything is alright didn't notice and she went out on unsafe shoes and slipped without a net?
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: K&K4ever on December 17, 2007, 09:16:59 PM
Ok, I was a little confused by the laqst post so the girl in the new shoes is on a tight rope?  If that's the case then she forgot to take them off before she performed and the persone who's suposed to make sure that everything is alright didn't notice and she went out on unsafe shoes and slipped without a net?

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 17, 2007, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: babytealeaf on December 17, 2007, 03:08:19 PM

No.

Your scenario is close, though.

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

OK, was she performing in the Circus?

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

Was she an acrobat?

Was she on the Trapeze?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: K&K4ever on December 18, 2007, 03:16:53 PM
Was she an acrobat?

Was she on the Trapeze?

Not sure which one's you're referring to, but... no one's an acrobat, and it was already confirmed that the people in the first puzzle are trapeze artists, so yes.

Answer to the first puzzle: First puzzle became too complicated. I actually said in a previous post that I'd "scrub" this one, but since people were still asking questions, it went on... Since we changed things and made them trapeze artists, the man who blew the kiss was hanging by his feet. The woman was holding her end with her mouth, but when she said "I love you", she had let go and died from the fall. It makes less sense that they're trapeze artists, since no one really holds onto the rope/bars with their teeth, and there's normally a net underneath, but I figure that... no one would really think that they were simply holding onto ropes.

Anyways, since you guys got the hint, here's another for the remaining puzzle.

Big Hint: What does a new pair of shoes change for a person?

FanimaidCafe.com

babytealeaf

Oh! The man is a knife thrower and the woman was the person he was throwing knives at. Since her new shoes made her taller, he threw the knife into her head instead of above it.

is that it?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: babytealeaf on December 18, 2007, 06:20:57 PM
Oh! The man is a knife thrower and the woman was the person he was throwing knives at. Since her new shoes made her taller, he threw the knife into her head instead of above it.

is that it?

Yup, that's it. Congrats!

I'm too lazy to find/make another puzzle, so I'll get back to this later. >_>

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

Now why didn't I think of that?

Baker!-!

arent knife throwers usally on a big turning thing so shoes wouldnt do anything
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

K&K4ever

Yeah, but that one was old fashion

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Baker!-! on February 16, 2008, 10:10:30 AM
arent knife throwers usally on a big turning thing so shoes wouldnt do anything

Wait, what? That's a totally different act. -_-

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever