Lateral Thinking Puzzles

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 27, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

potatofreek

Was the stranger related to the husband/wife?
Yes, but still a stranger.

Was the stranger a stalker?
No. lol

Was the wife already dead before the husband left the car?
No she was alive.

was the car a convertable?
nope.

if it was, was the top down?
nope.
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

Runewitt

I Know!

The husband was driving to the hospital, because the wife was about to have a baby. When they got there, he ran inside to get help, but she had the baby while he was inside, and died durring child birth.

i dont have a puzzle, so someone else can ask.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Jun-Watarase

Lol. You totally google searched that sh*t.

And P.S. I told you the stranger was food.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

BunofGovt

dam, I was hoping it was some sort of alien abduction thing... :-\
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Jun-Watarase

Lol, okay. Here's another type of lateral thinking puzzle, but instead of asking yes or no questions, try to find an immediate solution to the scenario. This means, try to come up with a solution in your post. It requires a little more thinking, but here's an easy one:

You're alone and have a task. You're in a room. All the walls are solid and opaque, and there are no windows within it whatsoever. No natural light can seep in without you opening the door. Whenever you enter or exit the room, you must close the door behind you.

There are three light bulbs in the room, but you're only allowed to turn on one each time you enter. How are you able to determine which switch goes to which light bulb if you're allowed only to leave and enter the room again once?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Runewitt

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 27, 2008, 06:30:04 PM
Lol. You totally google searched that sh*t.

And P.S. I told you the stranger was food.

actually, i hadn't. the major clue was that the stranger was related to them. that gave me the idea of it being a child.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

codex biblio

Quote from: Runewitt on December 27, 2008, 10:26:24 PM
actually, i hadn't. the major clue was that the stranger was related to them. that gave me the idea of it being a child.

That's funny. This was my original train of thought when I asked the question because of another thread we were discussing at the time. But you got to the solution before me. So, good for you.

Jun, that one was harder than I thought. I even drew out a little diagram with switches to lightbulbs.  :P

But disregarding my convoluted diagram since you said it's easy, I'll say it has to do with the fact that lightbulbs also give out heat and not just light. I did have to make a few assumptions about your description because otherwise, why couldn't we just leave one light on the first time you enter the room? (unless that's actually the solution, in which case, I'm even more frustrated for working on that diagram!)

You said "you're only allowed to turn on one each time you enter", so I'm concluding you mean only one light can be on at any one time. That's the challenge. Trying to i.d. 3 lightbulbs and 3 switches, but only able to enter the room twice. If that's the case...

First time you enter the room, flip on switch #1 and let Lightbulb A heat up. Turn off. Leave room.

Come back fairly quickly. Flip switch #2 which lights up Lightbulb B. Run (or walk) to the lightbulbs. The still warm lightbulb should be Lightbulb A, matched with switch #1. And the last lightbulb that's not "on" and not "warm" would be for switch #3.

Am I close? Do I get chocolate???

Jun-Watarase

Yup, you got it.

But no chocolate.

FanimaidCafe.com

potatofreek

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 28, 2008, 06:20:55 AM
Yup, you got it.

But no chocolate.

What's the point if we don't get chocolate? lulz jk
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.