Suspended for "Death Note"?

Started by FinalShadows, November 27, 2007, 10:05:21 PM

FinalShadows

Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Chaye

xD it's funny lmao. had to warn my mother though (she's a teacher) so she doesn't freak out if she see's said book...

my friends and I write in a Death Note book one of us owns for fun.. We have names of football players on the opposing teams for pro, teachers who bug, and other things.. of course we have very unrealistic deaths in it.. it's kinda weird to know that you can't let anyone who isn't in on it see it o.o;

AX Staff
Exhibit Hall: Asst Manager
o(≧∀≦)o

Kazuko

I basically LAUGHED SO HARD at this

its so sad at the same time x3

shortpachoo

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

aznmagic2015

Lollerskates...it IS really sad...

PyronIkari

Uhm... although they're over-reacting, it's not as hillarious and joking as you people seem to think it is.

It's basically a death threat, or a wish of death. It's basically stating "i wish x person was dead" in that sense, and it is supposed to be taken seriously in that sense.

Books like that have been confiscated and a problem for decades, things like this went on in the 50's. People would write in books about who they hated, and who they wish would die.

The majority of the time, these were written by unbalanced kids, and they had different psychotic tendencies(please understand the defenition of psychotic if you're going to reply about it). Even in that interview, his "friend" pretty much says that he is these things. Is it something that should be taken literally, as if he is trying to kill them? No, but it does show that he's an unbalanced kid that thinks he would be happier if people died, and that is a serious issue.

But you guys laugh at it, sure it's kinda funny that they're over-reacting, but it is still a serious matter.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: FinalShadows on November 27, 2007, 10:05:21 PM
You can see it for yourself =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJF1No5JQPQ&feature=related
it is somewhat funny due to their overreacting, but incidents like this don't get caught all the time, while some of them aren't jokes at all, and then you end up having another school shooting being reported about on the news.

Finding kids with a "death note/hit list" is more common now than it was 10 years ago(even then people were caught with something similar), so seeing it in this fashion(it being loosely tied to the DN manga) might seem like a joke, but it definitely isn't going to be taken that way.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

G.I.R

Yeah, funny like a fake bomb threat.  Overreacting? Maybe.  But after recent school killings, both here in the U.S. and abroad, this has to be taken seriously.  Ignoring a potential threat could be very costly in lives.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 27, 2007, 11:43:04 PM
Uhm... although they're over-reacting, it's not as hillarious and joking as you people seem to think it is.

But you guys laugh at it, sure it's kinda funny that they're over-reacting, but it is still a serious matter.

I admit... it is a serious issue.

BUT IT'S STILL PRETTY FUNNY. XD

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Lisu

I would have preferred it to be some punk who's laughing at the teachers reaction and can fully explain the wit of the situation, rather than some unstable kid that gives a number of groups a really bad name.

ha ha
Death Note = GTA of anime?

if you know what I mean...

JohnnyAR

God damn kid, another person in the world giving anime a bad or making it look bad. But yeah they are over reacting over this, I understand that there's people he wants dead, so do I (not like I'm going to kill them), but he really shouldn't have it at school, mabye he should keep it at home and at least do it.

QuoteDeath Note = GTA of anime?

Oh god don't even give me that thought, if that happend and people were trying to sew for this, Hellsing would be next, but it's least likely since the TV show isn't on TV anymore and the OVA's don't go on TV.

JohnnyAR

This is why I wanna move out of this country because the country gets too strict and serious about this kind of stuff. In Japan they have a law where normal citizens aren't allowed to have a firearms, but only cops are. And since its Japan they won't go as crazy as america does in this incedent. Geez I would be pissed if people sued over this! God if it does then I'm gonna bust in during the trial and TRY to set things right.

JohnnyAR

Wait when did this happen? was it recently?

PyronIkari

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 28, 2007, 06:32:33 AM
This is why I wanna move out of this country because the country gets too strict and serious about this kind of stuff. In Japan they have a law where normal citizens aren't allowed to have a firearms, but only cops are. And since its Japan they won't go as crazy as america does in this incedent. Geez I would be pissed if people sued over this! God if it does then I'm gonna bust in during the trial and TRY to set things right.

Cops don't have firearms, only specific members and higher ups are allowed to carry firearms. Please refrain from speaking about "how Japan" does things, I'm fairly certain you don't really know how things there work, and honestly... the state over there concerning a lot of surrounding events are HORRIBLE compared to the state in the US.

They're over-reacting by having a news cast about it, and pointing so much attention to the "death note" portion, instead of looking at it for what it is, an unbalanced teenager that may need some help.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 27, 2007, 11:43:04 PM

It's basically a death threat, or a wish of death. It's basically stating "i wish x person was dead" in that sense, and it is supposed to be taken seriously in that sense.

Books like that have been confiscated and a problem for decades, things like this went on in the 50's. People would write in books about who they hated, and who they wish would die.

The majority of the time, these were written by unbalanced kids, and they had different psychotic tendencies(please understand the defenition of psychotic if you're going to reply about it). Even in that interview, his "friend" pretty much says that he is these things. Is it something that should be taken literally, as if he is trying to kill them? No, but it does show that he's an unbalanced kid that thinks he would be happier if people died, and that is a serious issue.

I don't know whats so funny about them over reacting, its just another thing to give anime a bad name. But your right about the unbalanced kid thing.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 28, 2007, 06:38:04 AM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 28, 2007, 06:32:33 AM

Cops don't have firearms, only specific members and higher ups are allowed to carry firearms. Please refrain from speaking about "how Japan" does things, I'm fairly certain you don't really know how things there work, and honestly... the state over there concerning a lot of surrounding events are HORRIBLE compared to the state in the US.

They're over-reacting by having a news cast about it, and pointing so much attention to the "death note" portion, instead of looking at it for what it is, an unbalanced teenager that may need some help.

oh yeah huh? I noticed the same thing, they don't even care about the kid, just about what he was influenced by. How much you wanna bet that they are gonna have a special on 'How the influence anime has on people'  this makes me so mad. Imagine how the kid feels, although I shouldn't call him kid because I'm in high school too and he's probably older than me.

PyronIkari

You're not doing a good job either at showing how "anime influences kids".

JohnnyAR

Damn -_- I suck at this stuff, imagine if I was a lawyer. I would lose my job on the spot

Jun-Watarase

I'm... not trying to control the forums or anything, but can you keep everything in one post? If you want to change something about it, make use of the "modify" function to edit. Thanks.

As for everything that was said above... no comment. Seriously. No... comment.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

this is definately up to debate:

I'm sure at some point ppl get upset and think or feel to need to wish someone was dead...

something ppl think in a court of law, that once you write down 'notes' or a plan you would think its considered as pre-meditated or something...

then again some ppl leave it bottled up in their heads... go to a post office during the holidays and go "postal" blowing away innocent civilians...

i think i lost my point, but i suppose its based on LOTS of factors like intent, the person's 'usual' activities, mental stability, family, and hobbies etc, etc... then theres always the WTF factor when little sweet billy just snaps one day...

first video games, now anime will be the blame of why good kids go bad?

doh, just when you thought things were gonna be ok, they have to attack another one of my favorite hobbies.

whats next?

Breasts outlawed? I'd cry if they past that law.  :-[
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D